test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

COMING 09/14 THE ELITE CAPTAINS BOOST TOKEN

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    what is the % of chance to get an UR rare token?
    I got only 2 UR token since the launch of the phoenix box (I spent millions of dil). Trying to get one UR token is a waste of time and dil.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I got only 2 UR token since the launch of the phoenix box (I spent millions of dil). Trying to get one UR token is a waste of time and dil.

No one knows besides Cryptic, and no one has posted the equivalent of the "open 1,000 - 10,000 gamble box" tests that manty people have done to estimate lock box (1:250) and promo pack (1:100).

Based on posts here and my own several thousand packs over the years my wild guess is something low like 1:200 - 1:500 for UR and 1:500 - 1:1,000 for Epic.

What Cryptic could do is just what they do with the ship tokens:
    - Sell in the C-Store
    - Offer a very low chance in the Phoenix boxes
    - Get people to grind for 14 days in filler events to get one
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    I have spent a good amount on Phoenix... but by the way some people here talk I haven't spent nearly as much as they have. I have 9 or 10 UR tokens in my bank right now and I think 8 Gold tokens I have been holding forever. That was after cashing a bunch in for T6X tokens in its first run. Think I still have 15 or 16 x tokens in the bank from that.

I know the drop rates suck... and I might have just gotten really lucky. OR perhaps I spent 10s of millions of dill I forgot about. However I don't think its that bad.

The T6X in the phoenix I believe helped bleed some dil. I have to imagine the Captain version would also help. Then if they still want to sell em for folks that would rather just pay a set cash amount all good.

As it is though this is a pretty strong up pressure on the Dil exchange the day this hits without any changes I wouldn't be shocked to see the dil ex hit 1m in back orders.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    extra frame slot or extra mod slot?
    Kael, why cant you ever check anything before you post?!?!!

Is there a difference between the two? You get a extra slot in your kit frame or you get a extra slot for a kit module. They seem to mean the same thing. Of course there is the term they use internally and then the one they decided to call it after that process. I don't see the problem. I can see the problem in other cases though.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Is an extra personal trait actually worth thirty dollars? I don't mind paying for things but I'd have trouble justifying even five dollars on such a miniscule bonus.

It's a 3 pack for $30 or 1 for $15. Not unlike the T6x tokens. So it's $30 to boost 3 characters. Is it worth it? If you want content to explode even faster, maybe? Hopefully they start adding some more challenging stuff at the other end.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    I was actually wondering when this was going to happen.

Me to. It's kinda creepy but while doing the mini-Sompek just a couple days ago I was thinking gee if there was room for just one more kit module I'd be able to bring almost everything but the kitchen sink. Now this is possible.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Is an extra personal trait actually worth thirty dollars? I don't mind paying for things but I'd have trouble justifying even five dollars on such a miniscule bonus.

It's a 3 pack for $30 or 1 for $15. Not unlike the T6x tokens. So it's $30 to boost 3 characters. Is it worth it? If you want content to explode even faster, maybe? Hopefully they start adding some more challenging stuff at the other end.

We've already established that I misread the blog, but I still think is way too much for an insignificant upgrade:
    westmetals wrote: »

It's not that much. 1500 zen for one captain, the 3000 is for a three-pack, and that's the list prices.

If you get the three-pack, on sale, and with zen also bought on sale, it comes out to more like $5-$6 per captain.

Oops, I was quickly skimming through it and misread it as 3k normal, 1.5k on sale, LOL. It still doesn't seem valuable enough for the price tag they put on it.

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Well, that's just silly.

(anyone else think this is a general bad sign of the direction things are going?)
    People like having character progression.

Eh, this doesn't seem like meaningful "character progression" to me, just cash-gimmick power creep.

Everyone skilled can already slaughter the content with what we already have.
    People who aren't, can't manage with Mk15 gold gear/etc, so I doubt this will change anything for them.

It's just meaningless "look! MOAR!"

edit: I'm certainly not going to bother with it. It doesn't do anything compelling. It's not new content, it's not interesting new mechanics/etc, and it's not new costuming options. It's just bigger numbers.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Patch notes:
    Known Issues:

The Elite Captain Training System can be accessed in Space Maps but only works on ground maps.
    Off to a great start already, and that's excluding the potential bugs that weren't spotted.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Are they seriously charging $15 for ONE of these?

Wow... just... wow.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Eh, this doesn't seem like meaningful "character progression" to me, just cash-gimmick power creep.

People who aren't, can't manage with Mk15 gold gear/etc, so I doubt this will change anything for them.

edit: I'm certainly not going to bother with it. It doesn't do anything compelling. It's not new content, it's not interesting new mechanics/etc, and it's not new costuming options. It's just bigger numbers.
    One could argue the same about the X upgrade token for ships, and those did well enough.

I agree that I don't see it any super being character progression, and won't partake in it unless they give out some token for free as part of an event or something. But its no different then what we got for ships.
    I don't think so, the x tokens feel more worth it since they are account unlocks.

edited September 2021
    avoozuul wrote: »

One could argue the same about the X upgrade token for ships, and those did well enough.

I agree that I don't see it any super being character progression, and won't partake in it unless they give out some token for free as part of an event or something. But its no different then what we got for ships.
    I don't think so, the x tokens feel more worth it since they are account unlocks.

The X upgrades would be worth it even without them being account-wide, an extra console slot and an extra ship trait are HUGE when it comes to builds and overall performance.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    1 Personal Space Trait Slot

Should have been extra SHIP Trait slot. Personal Traits you are generally less cramped for than ship Traits;

1 Device Slot

Should have been extra Doff slot. Extra Device Slot is kinda meaningless.

Not sure I want to pay 1,500 Zen for such a token.

N.B. Also, this was a perfect opportunity for a good Dilithium sink. Missed it again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Should have been extra SHIP Trait slot. Personal Traits you are generally less cramped for than ship Traits;

1 Device Slot

Should have been extra Doff slot. Extra Device Slot is kinda meaningless.

Not sure I want to pay 1,500 Zen for such a token.

N.B. Also, this was a perfect opportunity for a good Dilithium sink. Missed it again.

Extra ship trait slots are already a thing, via the T6X token.

Need an extra extra Ship Trait Slot. :) Personal Traits? I can always find something to slot, of course, but Ship Traits matter more.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Over an extra device slot I would prefer an extra starship trait but as we get that from the T6X upgrade, an extra console slot would come in handy
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

I suppose. I've gotten 5 or 6 free ones. I may have used two so far.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

No one knows besides Cryptic, and no one has posted the equivalent of the "open 1,000 - 10,000 gamble box" tests that manty people have done to estimate lock box (1:250) and promo pack (1:100).

Based on posts here and my own several thousand packs over the years my wild guess is something low like 1:200 - 1:500 for UR and 1:500 - 1:1,000 for Epic.

What Cryptic could do is just what they do with the ship tokens:
    - Sell in the C-Store
    - Offer a very low chance in the Phoenix boxes
    - Get people to grind for 14 days in filler events to get one

Ok thx for the informations.

these tokens in the c-store is a good idea, but for me (euro zone), 1 token (without the promo) cost 20 euros,.

charge window:
    - 9,99 euros = 1100 zen (+220 bonus) -> cost of a token boost without the promo : 1500 zen
    - 19,99 euros = 2200 zen (+ 440 bonus)

10 euros would have been a good price, but 20 is too expensive and what am I supposed to do with the extra zen? I don't need dil (I have tons of it), I don't need everything else.

I would bought 4 or 5 kit module slots at 2 or 3 euros each.
    In a lot of games, you can spend few money and be able to buy something, (weapons, costumes, other stuff etc), but in STO you need to buy more zen or more stuff than you need (excepted for the old boost tokens).

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    There is zero chance I will ever buy one of these. None. I have maybe 20 characters now, all of which do get played, so there is no point to me even trying to prioritize which characters get such things. This upgrade isn't needed to perform well, nor will it add significant performance improvements (especially not for the absurd price,) and thus for me would be an excessive expense for very little return.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh good lord.... more powercreep?
    1 Person Ground Trait Slot
    1 Device Slot
    1 Kit Module Slot

I have no words.

Oh yeah - and could've sold them for Dil to solve the sink issue. But of course not.

Exactly and that is why I think they don't care at all for the Dil Zen exchange despite what they are saying. Also the bad players will not get better through this and who needs this anyway for what content. There is nothing not even on elite what you can't play these days without falling asleep. There is no challenge for geared people in this game and yet they seem to think we need more DPS...
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • imelchori42imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    this game is beginning to drift into pay to win territory.

i mean until now as far as ive seen, it was mostly pay to progress, and everything was eventually available to ftp players if they played long enough.

even if some of the stuff is a bit outrageous like having to pay zen for an account bank (not talking about the slot expansions but the basic first account slots), and getting rid of the 15 million ec cap.

but if theyre slowly changing the game into zen being only available for money, then a lot of those basic neccessary services are getting locked out of reach for new players and ftp players.

as long as they give away t6 ships or the 1500 lobi per season, at least the starship traits are still achievable.

but the most powerful stuff like some lock box traits is already locked behind quite the progression wall because you have to spend 1000 zen to even get rid of the ec cap to then be able to grind up about 40 million ec for some of the better traits.
    edited September 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Seriously...no to even MORE console and star ship trait slots. How much faster do we need to vape entire fleets of ships in this game? Our ships in this game makes the plan B in DS9's Sacrifice of Angels actually a plausible plan B already.

this...

i went into the tzen BG yesterday for an endev, and one ship was taking out battleships in less than 8 secs on some occasions and around 15 for others. a battleship...not a frigate, a battleship.

im with cold.

Eight seconds? That seems slow, I've seen people insta-vape Borg cubes Endgame style.

"Endeavor to destroy 30 Borg ships? Hive Onslaught should get that done easy."
    [Five minutes later]
    "Hmm, looks like I gotta run another Borg queue, damn those ships died fast ..."
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.