test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Science officer has no chill.

imelchori42imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
Honestly, i think half of his abilities are considered war crimes, lol.

Killing his enemies with clouds of radioactive gas and using subspace weapons probably ranks pretty high on that list too.

Tactical Officers: Ill throw a stun grenade and switch to full auto!

Engineering Officers: Turret and drone frabrication!

Science Officer: DIRTY BOMB GO!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    There are a lot of abilities to choose from. If you don't like them for any particular reason, you don't need to use them.
  • imelchori42imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    There are a lot of abilities to choose from. If you don't like them for any particular reason, you don't need to use them.

that wasnt a complaint. more of a funny observation. the standart engineering and tactical abilities are pretty regular stuff.

calling down security squats, improving armor etc.

and then there is the science officer who uses poisonous gas, toxic radiation, and napalm.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

that wasnt a complaint. more of a funny observation. the standart engineering and tactical abilities are pretty regular stuff.

and then there is the science officer who uses poisonous gas, toxic radiation, and napalm.

I agree, its ridiculous, but science does have plenty of mundane abiltiies too, the medical tricorders, tachyon harmonics, and so on. Most of the space magic is actually the newer stuff not their original "sane" abilities. Cryptic couldn't quite figure out how to make science fit sensibly for whatever reason, as they added new powers.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    All captains are murder hobos. The fed tacs start with red uniforms but they all end up that color as we wade through rivers of blood.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,016 Community Moderator
    I got one Sci who is a pyro, and one Sci who is, as I put it, a Cryomancer.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    My current Sci are a temporal agent (my AoY toon) and a field medic.
    edited September 2021

I agree, its ridiculous, but science does have plenty of mundane abiltiies too, the medical tricorders, tachyon harmonics, and so on. Most of the space magic is actually the newer stuff not their original "sane" abilities. Cryptic couldn't quite figure out how to make science fit sensibly for whatever reason, as they added new powers.

the subspace rifts are also pretty funny, since riker specifically pointed out that subspace weapons are forbidden by the kitomer accords.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Half the TRIBBLE we do makes the Terran Empire look like saints, we're just short from using Thalaron weapons and Admiral Quinn clearly doesn't know what's really going on in the Federation, it makes sense that Admirals are committing war crimes since Starfleet Admirals have a reputation for being corrupt.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I wish the space abilities worked as well as they used to 5 years ago, but back then they heavily nerfed space science to the ground while rewarding the DPS hungry crowd with one shot kills.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    freeze, burn irradiate freeze, burn, irradiate!!!

Starfleet Science's cheer
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited September 2021
    freeze, burn irradiate freeze, burn, irradiate!!!

Starfleet Science's cheer

when you run into a mirror universe version of your science character and realize he is the good guy...
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I got one Sci who is a pyro, and one Sci who is, as I put it, a Cryomancer.

Yeah, I do this also! It works amazingly well against the Tholians. Radiation actually heals them, but cold slaughters them like lambs.
This discussion has been closed.