test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    We know some of them already: Pathfinder, Reliant, Andromeda, Sutherland, and Shran. I think he might have mentioned one other Disco style 2409 ship in his Livestreams but I forget which one it was. I'm very curious to see what other ships made the list!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    I want to feel exicted about this but I'll keep my guard up
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • Options
    what images? oh yeah...im not on twitter...or red whatever...
    unless he mean for himself...
    He hasn't posted them yet.

They are likely for some blog showing off the changes that will come out on Monday/Tuesday I would guess. Or he might post some over the weekend.

Not necessarily for a blog, Thomas sometimes tweets beauty shots of his ships just to show off his work as an artist.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Ok I'm calling out the elephant in the room. Is the Nova Class one of these 25 ships?
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I expect that most of the list is just T6 Mirror versions of the current starfleet ships, like the T5 common lockbox rewards of yesteryear. So, nothing that doesn't already have a T6 c-store model?

(hmm, and what's the most cynical, whale-y way they could sell them. $300 "All the Mirror Ships" bundle? Back in the lockboxes again as uncommon-drop character unlocks like the T5's?)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    That's good news. I hope they'll be free updates.

If it's ships like the Pathfinder or Andromeda, it almost has to be. Multiple versions of those have been sold already, I doubt it would be a good decision to make even more variants.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Ok I'm calling out the elephant in the room. Is the Nova Class one of these 25 ships?

Based on what Thomas said during his Livestreams early this year probably not, the primary focus of the revamps was to update some of the earlier Cryptic T6 designs so that they match the quality of current ship releases. Unannounced ships I'd expect to see are things like the Hestia, Alita, Resolute, Archon, etc. The Nova will get an update whenever they get to making a T6 for it.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Typhoon?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Based on what Thomas said during his Livestreams early this year probably not, the primary focus of the revamps was to update some of the earlier Cryptic T6 designs so that they match the quality of current ship releases. Unannounced ships I'd expect to see are things like the Hestia, Alita, Resolute, Archon, etc. The Nova will get an update whenever they get to making a T6 for it.

I wish they touch up the Tempest... but im not holding my breath...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    We know some of them already: Pathfinder, Reliant, Andromeda, Sutherland, and Shran. I think he might have mentioned one other Disco style 2409 ship in his Livestreams but I forget which one it was. I'm very curious to see what other ships made the list!

Considering Captain Killey's involvement, it explains the update to Disco ships. They'll be part of her faction in the upcoming Mirror Universe story arc.

I'm thinking that Killey makes an alliance with the Emperor, shifting the balance of the MU civil war lead by Leeta. Leeta's not doing a face turn, but plans on using Prime Timeline Star Fleet as a pawn in her plans for replacing the Emperor.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Typhoon?!

Y'know, for as irredeemably awful as that thing was, I'm sure Marrone could make it look okay with a modernized model. Though it would probably end up being another situation where he'd have to change so much to make it not suck that its inexplicable fanbase would deny it's the same thing, like happened when they made the original Command Cruisers.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Maybe another one of the 25, for gits and shiggles, might be the Vesta and her variants? (Because seriously, I like the ship, I HATE THE LOOK.)
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    There's probably not a cute, wee T6 Tholian Mesh Weaver among those 25, right?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    magic 8 ball says no.

Shame too, the Tholian Meshweaver is the only non DQ species ship lacking a T6 version. Though I guess its very unlikely, but still possible, given the Tholian's connection to the MU in the past.

Awww, too bad. I currently fly a T5-X Meshweaver (just for the fun of it); with a 5/1 weapons layout (plus experimental weapon slot), and 11 consoles, it's surprisingly good, actually. But it could use the extra console and 5th boff station. So, Cryyptic, make it like an Iktomi, or Orb Weaver, put it in a lock box, and I will buy one.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Wonder which one will have a cash register ping replacing the weapon sounds
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Actually, while I didn't pay much attention to it, due to them either exploding or being covered by the "green leak" disabled VFX so I may be wrong, it seemed the Tholian ships in the 23rd century Tholian mission got a new skin.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »
    Maybe another one of the 25, for gits and shiggles, might be the Vesta and her variants? (Because seriously, I like the ship, I HATE THE LOOK.)

I hope so. I doubt they'll add more parts though since it's a special model, legally speaking.

Hopefully they can at least change the Vesta material. I like the shapes it adds to the hull when selected as a pattern (in the right hand panel in the ship tailor).

But the hull material itself also adds a light blue hue to the ship, which isn't so great. Allowing us the use the pattern without having to select the hull material for example would be a nice option to have.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.