test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crew sizes should scale via ships interior and max crew.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Federation Discussion
I personally like the ship interiors to a degree but I noticed one thing that bothers me walking over my small interior for the defiant class ship and low and be hold the amount of npc crew memebers wandering around is twice the amount of my actual crew size of 50ty! Sure someone could argue there holograms or whatever but it breaks the immersion for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I would just make all crew on the ship Bridge officers. That or make a new category of officer that is a simple crew member.

Result:

Crew size can be limited to the amount of crew onboard the ship - Cruiser pilots are gonna have a REAL laugh

With individual crew members they can be customised with seperate uniforms, equipment etc. thus players now have a massive amount of customisation options for their ship. Not to mention added endgame bonus since completionists will want to fill their crews with all purples.

Imagine trying to fit a crew of fifty officers with a full selection of Purple gear. Now imagine a crew of thousands.

If it is too much then a bunch of 'crew positions' would work.

Chief Engineer, Doctor, Technicians, Transporter chief etc.
    Place them in a few markers in the interiors and it adds a bit of immersion of filling out roles we have seen in the shows.
    edited July 2010
    I want to see 4000 KDF wandering around a 'small' Vo'Quv interior.
    edited July 2010
    J-Sheridan wrote:
    I would just make all crew on the ship Bridge officers. That or make a new category of officer that is a simple crew member.

I like this idea. Not making all crew members Bridge Officers, that would be a bit complicated, but the ability to create and add crew members. Bridge Officers are your command crew, but it would be cool to have an option like "add crewman" where you can choose their species, gender, division, name and appearance, and they would replace one of the random schmoes from their division you find walking around your ship.
    edited July 2010
    The ship interiors is still in its early stages so I expect there will be numerous changes and ironing before we can consider it to be proper. I like the direction they are going though.

I have explored the interior of my ship and generally its a nice start. I would like to mention a few things though that might already be in the pipeline or not.

* On a section of Corridor that only leads to the captains quarters, could we not have 30 crew members walking about. Its kinda creepy when the corridor only leads to my bedroom with no other doors about.

* Maybe we can assign a uniform for the crew members to wear so we can maintain a certain style like we do with our Bridge Officers.

* Be able to select a certain type of d
  • apolloracerapolloracer Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    11-year-old post, but basically still relevant, and it's active, so I'll post here.

I have 14 Bridge Officers. There are only 5 stations on my bridge I myself can populate. One would think the other 9 officers would have their relevant duties on the ship. However... when I visit my ship interior, the only Bridge Officers I see are the ones in their stations. Why can't I just see the other 9? Surely, it'd be a simple matter to use non-stationed Bridge Officers to populate the bridge/interior instead of nondescript NPCs. I mean, both the photonic McCoy and Bashir could be in Sickbay, and the photonic Scotty could be in Engineering, instead of my having to speak to the NPC head of those respective departments.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    I call upon the guardians of this realm to come forth and banish this demon from the realm to which it has entered. In other words NECRO @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 @rattler2
  • carlos#7199 carlos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    > @apolloracer said:
    > 11-year-old post, but basically still relevant, and it's active, so I'll post here.
    >
    > I have 14 Bridge Officers. There are only 5 stations on my bridge I myself can populate. One would think the other 9 officers would have their relevant duties on the ship. However... when I visit my ship interior, the only Bridge Officers I see are the ones in their stations. Why can't I just see the other 9? Surely, it'd be a simple matter to use non-stationed Bridge Officers to populate the bridge/interior instead of nondescript NPCs. I mean, both the photonic McCoy and Bashir could be in Sickbay, and the photonic Scotty could be in Engineering, instead of my having to speak to the NPC head of those respective departments.

Agree. Additionally, It breaks immersion when my starship is populated with crew with standard uniforms instead the one I created for my characters. It would be nice to see interior with my creation only officers :smiley:
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    i banish thee back to the necro realm with ye zombieness. (white lantern ring blast)

Seriously this was not active and was over 11 years old. please familiarize yourself with forum rules before continuing.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.