test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Parliament Class coming to STO

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    As a Caitian, I only have one important question regarding the upcoming Lower Decks items and ships:
    Where is the *beep*ing box?! All I need is the BAWX!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPpaVCAj1uI
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    As a Caitian, I only have one important question regarding the upcoming Lower Decks items and ships:
    Where is the *beep*ing box?! All I need is the BAWX!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPpaVCAj1uI

If she fits, she sits.

I hope they put in a scene showing her being a liquid, too, like regular cats are.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I don't care for this particular ship, but will get the California class whenever it comes out.
    That'll most likely be a Infinity box Prize ship.

R&D Promo I'd say pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I don't care for this particular ship, but will get the California class whenever it comes out.
    That'll most likely be a Infinity box Prize ship.

R&D Promo I'd say pig-2.gif​​
    I completely agree.

If the Parliament-class, which was shown only twice, gets the infinity lockbox treatment, then the "hero" ship of the show, the California-class, is definitely going to be a R&D ship.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Well, drinking more DOES fix the hangover just as much as drinking water.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    It was the promotional blurb in the Blog that made me 'laugh' - "We've got the cure for that day-after-#StarTrekDay hangover.."
    What? News about a new lock box ship?! since when was that a cure for anything?!

A rush of adrenaline clenas your hangover... in this case.. im guessing rage, for some people.. :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    It was the promotional blurb in the Blog that made me 'laugh' - "We've got the cure for that day-after-#StarTrekDay hangover.."
    What? News about a new lock box ship?! since when was that a cure for anything?!
    It's the announcement on the STO news page that gets me.

THE FIRST SHIP FROM LOWER DECKS!.....................................................in a lockbox!

The latter makes the former much less of a cause for celebration. The way things are going, I hope new players are only fans of the S1 DSC background ships because everything else from all of the shows is going to be gamble boxes.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I don't normally do this, but I wanted to share some really good comments from one specific person from reddit. The reason I find this specific person's comments so interesting is because they are one of the biggest defenders of this game/Cryptic I have ever seen, and (maybe for that reason) also one of the mods on the livestream chats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/pl12q9/one_thing_made_me_sad_about_seeing_all_the/hc7jac1/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/pl12q9/one_thing_made_me_sad_about_seeing_all_the/hc96y71/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/pl12q9/one_thing_made_me_sad_about_seeing_all_the/hcb0fo5/

I'm both pleased and surprised to see this person saying all of this, because like I said before they are one of the biggest defenders of this game/Cryptic I have ever seen. So when you have someone like that saying all of this, it means a little more (to me) than hearing it from someone who just complains 'all the time'.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    Considering they're kinda skating the letter of the law, only getting by through the guarantee of getting something from these boxes, I'm starting to think the very concept of lock box/promo pack ships is very dubious from an ethical standpoint.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I actually don't mind the design, except for the windows on the nacelle pylons. There wouldn't be spaces there for people to be doing things, just power conduits for the engines (and perhaps a jeffries tube to get access to the engines themselves).

I hadn't noticed but that sounds like a valid point.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I don't normally do this, but I wanted to share some really good comments from one specific person from reddit. The reason I find this specific person's comments so interesting is because they are one of the biggest defenders of this game/Cryptic I have ever seen, and (maybe for that reason) also one of the mods on the livestream chats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/pl12q9/one_thing_made_me_sad_about_seeing_all_the/hc7jac1/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/pl12q9/one_thing_made_me_sad_about_seeing_all_the/hc96y71/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/pl12q9/one_thing_made_me_sad_about_seeing_all_the/hcb0fo5/

I'm both pleased and surprised to see this person saying all of this, because like I said before they are one of the biggest defenders of this game/Cryptic I have ever seen. So when you have someone like that saying all of this, it means a little more (to me) than hearing it from someone who just complains 'all the time'.

This guy raises some good points. These macro-transactions (they aren't 'micro' if they cost hundreds of dollars) were thought to be coming to replace RNG boxes.. but did they? No.. they just decimated the C-Store. So now all we're left with is the Gamble Boxes everyone hates and Whale Promo's that are designed to gouge people for as much as possible. This system.. SUCKS.

I am glad Cryptic is so financially successful with this game right now.. but I can't see it continuing forever. This game is an over monetized nightmare, but as long as people keep feeding the machine, why would they ever change?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey folks, me again.

This has been a controversial announcement to say the least, and I understand why some folks are upset. Feel free to criticize the decision, or defend it, but please don't take it out on each other. Emotions are running high, but we can take a deep breath and not be hurtful to other forum posters. Thanks.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Hey folks, me again.

This has been a controversial announcement to say the least, and I understand why some folks are upset. Feel free to criticize the decision, or defend it, but please don't take it out on each other. Emotions are running high, but we can take a deep breath and not be hurtful to other forum posters. Thanks.

Thanks for posting that, and you're right.

And even with all the fire you have taken recently, don't worry.. we're not blaming you for this one. Some people don't understand that there are 3 layers of people in the cycle.. The Players, The Developers, and the Executives. These decisions are never made by the first or second group, they are instead made by people who are totally disconnected from the gaming experience who's job is simply.. 'make money.'

If I had to guess (and I do) my guess would be that you and the rest of the development team don't like these decisions anymore then we do. We just actually have the freedom to express it.. you probably do not.

Players rallying against each other won't help, rallying against the developers over monetization doesn't help either. It gets us nowhere.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Hey folks, me again.

This is nothing compared to the tribble storm that's gonna happen when you inevitably announce the California class being added to the R&D Promo box. I'm not condoning the abhorrent way some people express their disappointment, I'm simply stating the obvious.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I actually don't mind the design, except for the windows on the nacelle pylons. There wouldn't be spaces there for people to be doing things, just power conduits for the engines (and perhaps a jeffries tube to get access to the engines themselves).

I hadn't noticed but that sounds like a valid point.

office? mini food courts? quiet place? there can be a myriad of reasons, and to be honest, i think nommo is off the mark about the size. but thats me. (and no, im not taking an actual blueprint to voice my opinion, but if he or you can find validated reasons to dictate size that would then warrant the question as to why there are windows, then lets see it)

How about re-reading & correcting yourself. You quoted my response which was to another's post. A post I stated, "sounds like a valid point." I didn't even use the word size. Out of all the starships, & this doesn't seem to be the biggest starship ever, I'm guessing there's lots more without windows embedded in the nacelle pylons than there are.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    I get the ship but why wasn't the uniforms a free giveaway, F2P players have been asking for them for a while, however as a Vulcan I still think I made the logical call when picking Lobi out the Event Campaign III prizes, I don't have 3500 points yet since I'm on console but when I do, it'll be fascinating.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I get the ship but why wasn't the uniforms a free giveaway, F2P players have been asking for them for a while, however as a Vulcan I still think I made the logical call when picking Lobi out the Event Campaign III prizes, I don't have 3500 points yet since I'm on console but when I do, it'll be fascinating.

It's best to get Lobi uniforms off of the exchange and save your own Lobi for items that are bind on pickup, such as weapons and consoles.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Apples to oranges. Prior to the legendary bundles, ships were still available *on their own* and not just exclusively as part of said bundles. Now they're not. Also, the ship bundles in question were -- again, until recently -- large packs of many ships with a few extra bits added for flavor. Now they're mostly single ships with lots of additions to justify the higher-than-before price tags. There's been a notable and escalating change in marketing priorities, and not in a good way.
    Your point would be valid if that was how Cryptic was handling things, but they're not. Most of the ship releases this year have been from those same gamble boxes you seem to think they're moving away from. Clearly, they're not. They're at least the same priority now as they ever were, if not more. The only thing that has changed is how they're marketing ships on the c-store, ie a shift to bundle-exclusive ships.

And as far as Mudd bundles, you're wildly over-interpretting your data. There's only have a single sample of them being worth the price admission -- the kelvin bundle. All of the prior bundles were extremely niche at best. That's not anywhere near enough to say what the future priorities are going to look like with Mudd's bundles or if there will even be another. They could have released the Parliament class directly to the Mudd store. Could have done the same with the S3 Discovery ships (one or all of them). Or Daikhina or any of the other promo/lockbox ships they released over the last year. They chose not to in favor of their gamble packs. Mudd's Market isn't the priority you seem to believe. It's a fallback.

100% right, you win!
This discussion has been closed.