test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Day and Sales!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• brian#1577 brian Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Sounds cool, but I see 5 historical ships, and 5 wannabes.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Both of those links go to the exact same article and there is no mention of any sale. There is a paragraph about TOS, the paragraph about the museum, and the ending with the link to the star trek website.
    Clicking on the TOS sale banner in the launcher also goes to this article....

Thanks to r/sto I found the link
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11496983-the-original-series-sale!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    As said above, both links are the same.. for the sale either click on the link from iamjmph or read this:
    Happy Star Trek Day, Captains! We have a ton of things to celebrate with you today, including the relaunch of Temporal Recruitment, major updates to much of our TOS Content, and of course the Star Trek Day museum in orbit of Earth Space Dock and Deep Space Nine. But in addition to all that, we're running The Original Series Sale. From September 8th to September 15th, head to the Zen Store to find a 30% Discount on Original Series and Temporal Items throughout. In addition, you can earn a 20% bonus when you charge for Zen on PC (starting at 9am PT), until September 22nd.

Enjoy the celebration!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • admiralvondrunkadmiralvondrunk Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    flame post redacted - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • penser1penser1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Am I not remembering correctly, or did we use to get freebies all week?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    penser1 wrote: »
    Am I not remembering correctly, or did we use to get freebies all week?

That is usually during the STO Anniversary events not during a Star Trek anniversary.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Just checked out the zen buying for myself since the statement had mentioned a flat +20% bonus rate.

The zen bonus buying is as follows, at least in the USA, so your mileage may vary other places. It's good to see though the more you buy the more bonus you get still.

$10 = 1,000 zen + 200 zen bonus = 20% bonus

$20 = 2,000 zen + 400 zen bonus = 20% bonus

$50 = 5,000 zen + 1,300 zen bonus = 26% bonus

$100 = 10,000 zen + 3,000 zen bonus = 30% bonus

$200 = 20,000 zen + 7,000 zen bonus = 35% bonus

I'll probably buy some zen this time sort of rewarding Cryptic for finally rerunning the Temporal Recruitment Event but doubt I buy my more normal $200 amount, best value, since I'm just tired of the mostly big-ticket "legendary" packs & gamble ships every month compared to every 3+ months for Store ships.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    the one thing that saddens me is the EV ToS suit in the cstore that "is not" a reclaimable item once purchased. wtf?

Yeah there's a few items that are once per character like that. It does state so in the item's described details though if I remember correctly. I think the Jem'Hadar EV suit is also like that.

I think Cryptic should've made them account-wide whenever Cryptic did that for other Zen Store items. I'd be more apt to buy them then.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    the one thing that saddens me is the EV ToS suit in the cstore that "is not" a reclaimable item once purchased. wtf?

Yeah there's a few items that are once per character like that. It does state so in the item's described details though if I remember correctly. I think the Jem'Hadar EV suit is also like that.

I think Cryptic should've made them account-wide whenever Cryptic did that for other Zen Store items. I'd be more apt to buy them then.

If you want the suits for an AoY character just follow the 23rd century storyline, you get a full set of them in one of the episodes for free (they are not reclaimable either so don't delete them when you are done with them for the scenario).

Also, all of the dil store EV suits are non-reclaimable as far as I know of.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

If you want the suits for an AoY character just follow the 23rd century storyline, you get a full set of them in one of the episodes for free (they are not reclaimable either so don't delete them when you are done with them for the scenario).

Also, all of the dil store EV suits are non-reclaimable as far as I know of.

Good to know & nice suggestion, thanks.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I love the mention of tiny televisions screens. Yup, Smart Phone screens are so enormous. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.