test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another Blog mistake on Temporal Event end date?

clonemaster#6932 clonemaster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Not that this surprises anyone but it seems Cryptic can't decide on the end date of the Temporal even before the event has started. So, here is my question, does the event end on the 28th of September like the new blog says or on the 7th of October like the original blog said a week ago? They really need a person to proofread blogs as it seems like professional announcements become more unprofessional with each iteration.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    From the PC Patch Notes (9/8/21):
    TOS Starfleet characters made during September 8th to September 28th will be Temporal Recruits upon completing the tutorial, and they will earn a host of new benefits and rewards to aid them in their leveling experience.
  • Options
    opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    lokharno wrote: »
    TOS Starfleet characters made during September 8th to September 28th will be Temporal Recruits upon completing the tutorial, and they will earn a host of new benefits and rewards to aid them in their leveling experience.

Oh... that explains things a bit, I don't consider the "patch notes" to be a "blog" so didn't look there. Still, if the original poster is going to talk about a blog, they should identify it, or better yet link to it.

Better make sure you have your temporal recruit done before September 28th, even though the blog post states the following:
    Temporal Agent recruitment returns from September 8th to October 7th on all platforms.

Better safe than sorry.
    [System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Oh... that explains things a bit, I don't consider the "patch notes" to be a "blog" so didn't look there. Still, if the original poster is going to talk about a blog, they should identify it, or better yet link to it.

One cannot help but chuckle a bit at Kael's blurbs, though, that, at this point, near everyone considers those unreliable documents, filled with errors. :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    It's possible they extended the date between those postings.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,517 Arc User
    I've also done recruit tasks months or years later and gotten the rewards and unlocks.

You need to get the transponder during the event, by completing the TOS era missions and jumping forward. That is all.
  • Options
    opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    You're right, with "done" I meant "play until you get the recruitment device" and finish the mission you get it in.
    [System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    opsjoy wrote: »

Better make sure you have your temporal recruit done before September 28th, even though the blog post states the following:
    Temporal Agent recruitment returns from September 8th to October 7th on all platforms.

Better safe than sorry.

You don't have to complete the recruitment tasks during the event. Only advance enough to get the recruitment device.

(I just finished the tasks on three gamma recruits & a delta recruit this past weekend, and am three episodes away from completing another delta)

In fact... the Klingon one was so timegated, that (I believe) you literally couldn't complete it during the event.

If I remember correctly, the Temporal Transponder just requires getting to the 25th Century and talking to the Recruit reward npc.
This discussion has been closed.