test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Federation TOS Captain's Bundle

2»

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    fewzz wrote: »
    The Clarke has only just come out.... will owners get a further discount because you just scammed them?

drop the scam talk. there is no scam here. you choose when to buy something and when you don't, they have no control over your purchasing choices.

Then please show us the post by PWE that indicated that they would be releasing the Clarke bundle followed by this bundle so players could make their 'purchasing choices' decision on 'choosing when to buy something and when you don't' based on what they would have liked more if they couldn't afford both or wanted/preffered only one of them ahead of these sales.

Pretty simple, you buy a ship, ships, a pack, a bundle, anything for that matter based upon what that currently is & if you find enough value in it when you are considering purchasing it. With some hope that for how many months down the road the purchase is still favorable.

If you perpetually defer the current something to buy based upon something in the near future that might be subjectively better then following that criteria you'd never buy anything.

• captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Toss in a couple of TOS weapons, maybe some outfits and I could see the $120 price tag. I mean just recently you guys put out the New Genesis pack at $75 and you got way more bang for your buck on it.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • mudd1701mudd1701 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    ...cold hard RW $C*A*S*H$. I am trying to figure out how useful this would be to a TOS Captain who already leveled the long HARD way.

It's about the skin. Nuthin' else. That alone is worth $60 to a life long (with a long life) TOS fan.

"All I ask is a tall ship and an awesome TOS skin to put on her."
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    captw wrote: »
    Toss in a couple of TOS weapons, maybe some outfits and I could see the $120 price tag. I mean just recently you guys put out the New Genesis pack at $75 and you got way more bang for your buck on it.

I did notice that with this Captain's Bundle Cryptic did include a couple of TOS ground weapons so it's at least a little different.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Looks like the Return of the Temporal Agent is happening again.
    Or are we trapped in a Chronic Hysteresis?
    :o
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • monkeyboy#4901 monkeyboy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    How come console is getting the Mars Class before the Legendary Romulan Warbird Bundle on console the Mars Class came out 12 days after the Legendary Warbird Bundle on PC
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Typical.

The starting price is only ten dollars higher than the least expensive account-bind T6 TOS ship in the game, but it is all in one huge lump sum and not eligible for coupons like the Ranger/Paladin is to help bring it down. And by the time a lot of the F2P TOS fans might be able to afford it the price will have doubled.

• qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    September 8 is here. The bundle isn't.
    qqqqii wrote: »

There was a tweet copied over in another thread, they are having problems with the instant 65 thing so they held the bundle back until they get it fixed.
  • maxwell#1530 maxwell Member Posts: 2 Arc User

There was a tweet copied over in another thread, they are having problems with the instant 65 thing so they held the bundle back until they get it fixed.

A fleet mate has already picked it up at noon today. I guess they pulled it sometime after that but he got the ship and it parses nicely.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

A fleet mate has already picked it up at noon today. I guess they pulled it sometime after that but he got the ship and it parses nicely.

And I'm glitching all over the place...can't reach Cestus in mission 2. I'm not the only one.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User

Gosh, it's like they've never done this, before...
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Delete please.
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Really? Despite only have 3 tac consoles and underwhelming seating?
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    What's unusual about this situation is that they're releasing another version of a ship when they just released a new version to the same ship line a few months ago. Since the new legendary ship includes the previous ship's trait and console, and has better stats all around, specialization differences not withstanding, the legendary ship renders the still-new Clarke MMC kind of irrelevant. I'd be kind of miffed too.

But then, and this is important to remember, the Clarke MMC was also 1/4th the price. You get what you pay for.

I would argue the clarke is better. Depending of course on your build, commander command to me is worth more then temporal command. Temporal is fine, but command inspiration is better IMO. But they are different enough ships that I don't think it matters much.

Really? Despite only have 3 tac consoles and underwhelming seating?
    Tactical consoles are not as powerful as they use to be, there are many ways of boosting damage beyond tact consoles even if it will never parse top tier.
    edited September 2021
    The ship is about versatility, not pure tactical power, a workhorse as they say right in the advertisement for it. Notice how the seating and the consoles are balanced right down the center instead of favoring one particular department. It makes sense since it is probably going to be the only TOS style ship they come out with for a while (though I hope I am wrong on that last point and they make a few more soon, TOS fans have very little in the way of endgame-viable ships).
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    anyone else getting the wording...

"purchase this legendary klingon defense force bundle...." when selecting the ToS bundle that just came out?

ive clicked off and on it several times to see if it would clear, but it doesnt. has the ship, the icons, the andorian, etc...just the odd kdf bundle wording...

Not just you,I noticed it as soon as I opened that tab in the c store yesterday.

Copy/paste proof reading working as good as it always has!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    The ship is about versatility, not pure tactical power, a workhorse as they say right in the advertisement for it. Notice how the seating and the consoles are balanced right down the center instead of favoring one particular department. It makes sense since it is probably going to be the only TOS style ship they come out with for a while (though I hope I am wrong on that last point and they make a few more soon, TOS fans have very little in the way of endgame-viable ships).

The way I like it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.