What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Kobali front

2»

Comments

• relicdude#3981 relicdude Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edenbaum wrote: »
    For a leveling Ground build.
    Pheonix Boxes/tokens. Get the sompek shield and weapon. Once bought you can claim them over and over, as long as you dont have one equiped on you main character.Equip all your ground bridge officers with them. Purple shield and weapon with a set bonus heal, also it levels up with you amazing.
    Kit modules. Either buy or craft Mark II purple kit modules and kit frame they are around 20,000EC each. Add a Pheonix token upgrade with will level it up to MK X or XI. So every 10 levels upgrade the item till you run out of upgrade points.
    Armour. Either use one from the Events or buy a Purple MK II from the Exchange add a Pheonix token upgrade with will level it up to MK IX or X.

I find it best to use Engineers on ground using Mines Turrets and Generators

So for a relatively small amount of EC & 40,000 Dil you have your ground build sorted for leveling. Plus you probably have Pheonix token upgrades spare for you space build.

For Space the prolonged engament set is really good.

I will try this.. sounds solid.

thx

RD.
    "The day you stop playing, is the day you start dying.."
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    There is nothing to be ashamed of, Vaadwaurs unlike all other npc, they are a bit "intelligent" and if you don't have an endgame 500+ dps build that kills everything before they just shoot, it can be tricky. I haven't seen you play, so I don't know what you're doing wrong.
    If you don't like Kobali or have problems with it, just skip those tasks. I think in the story arc it is only obligatory for Kobali to visit the general and then it can be skipped.
    To play in the battlezone, as someone advised here, don't aggro them all, don't run into the middle of the mobs, do not stay in their spawn zones ( I think they spawn still on the same places) , switch you chain lighting iconian staff for single target rifle (just for this map), mortars, drones and pets are also aren't the best, take a healing boff with you, watch out for heavies immune to damage, first neutralize their buffers.
    If all this doesn't help, ask a fleet friend to go there with you.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    If you're having that much trouble, then skip it and move on. Come back to it later when you have better gear.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    @relicdude#3981

Why? I think it was a design choice at the time. The introduction of Delta included content intended to be more challenging. Probably because a lot of people complained content was too easy. Then there were complaints it was too hard.

As for consumables that's how they work. Choose wisely. In another post I suggested some possibilities for speeding up the cooldown process on your captain across the board. There was a crystal that dropped in an event a while back that passively heals. Engineers can drop a healing generator or supply drops. These work well with the firebase/bring them to you strategy I mentioned in the same comment.

You have more control over how to approach the content than you do over the content.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    If you're having that much trouble, then skip it and move on. Come back to it later when you have better gear.

Ha! Yeah, no. In typical passive-aggressive fashion, they hade made the Kobali Front mission unskippable, thus blocking your progress beyond. Done out of pure spite, because ppl were allegedly going too fast.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I'm not going to say the Kobali Front was my favorite mission sequence, but I prefer it immensely to those blatant filler "Friends Without Benefits" space missions they logjammed the story progression in the Delta Quadrant with. Every section was a trifecta of drudgery traipsing from system to system. I hated that grind and it's only now I'm putting some of my other captains through and appreciating there was a decent story they buried in there after they cut it into unpalatable pieces.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    Yes, they made Kobali Front non-skippable...not any other Kobali mission, and you literally CANNOT fail to do Kobali Front, because all that involves is going to Kobali prime and talking to General Q'Nel.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Ha! Yeah, no. In typical passive-aggressive fashion, they hade made the Kobali Front mission unskippable, thus blocking your progress beyond. Done out of pure spite, because ppl were allegedly going too fast.

You don't have to fight a single Vaudwaar to finish that mission. Just beam down talk to the general and move on.
This discussion has been closed.