test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Fed Fleet Looking For Members

kuraitsukaikuraitsukai Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Rather recently a friend and I launched our own fleet. I had always wanted to start a fleet but it's rather difficult to do at times.

Furry Taskforce is the fleets name. Both my friend and I run Caitian captains. We're more casual players, though you'll find me online a lot more than him. That said, we're welcoming of all play styles, as well as all people. We just ask that everyone be respectful of each other and towards each other.

At present our focus is on the Starbase, Spire, and Research Lab. Despite it being just the two of us we're already on the verge of upgrading our shipyard to Tier 1. I should mention the fleets only existed for around 2 weeks.

A separate channel has been created for the fleet so all fleet members can chat no matter which faction they're in or what captain they're playing. We're also working on getting a Discord server set up for the fleet. We have it, and it should be open to join, it just needs some fleshing out. In time as the fleet grows I'd love to start organizing events.

Rank increases start at 40,000 in contributions, this shouldn't be to hard right now. We always have projects running. There is also gear already in our fleet bank for any new comers to take.

Couple things to keep in mind, we have three specially named fleet bank repositories, Peasants bank which is open to all members from day one, Derpy derp which is currently just for the one cofounder and lastly as my cofounder so aptly named it Kings bank which is restricted to just the fleet leader. Ranks in the fleet may get name changes from time to time. They'll almost always follow the same naming convention of using federation ranks.

Of course, within one to two years I'd like to have a conversation with the fleet about permanent names for ranks, holdings and possibly even the bank repositories. Fleets are small communities in STO, so in my view opening things up for the entire fleet to help decide and shape is just a good idea.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and thanks for taking the time to look at this post.

Happy Star Trek Day everyone!~

Comments

• Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    suggestions on fleet buildup: you really want to do the first tier of the colony as soon as possible (to get auto-generation of colony provisions started), and the dilithium mine will provide dilithium cost discounts on everything else.

Thanks, we've actually been working on those for that purpose, but it's slow progress for just two people XD
  • Options
    pahzysehpahzyseh Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hi I would certainly be willing to join
  • Options
    friedel1994friedel1994 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I would like to join too
  • Options
    pahzyseh wrote: »
    Hi I would certainly be willing to join
    Hi I would like to join too

Sure thing. Just send me a message in game Martouf@kuraitsukai