test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Federation TOS Captain's Bundle

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Instantly boost any TOS-Era Federation Captain to level 65, and unlock the Legendary Miranda Multi-mission Cruiser! Coming next week on all platforms.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11496393-the-legendary-tos-federation-captain's-bundle
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    A Legendary Miranda Multi-mission Cruiser gets a 5/3 weapon layout but not a Legendary D'deridex Miracle Worker Warbird Battlecruiser ?
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I like the TOS Miranda. Just not sure how much deflector energy I want passing though my bridge! :D
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    A Legendary Miranda Multi-mission Cruiser gets a 5/3 weapon layout but not a Legendary D'deridex Miracle Worker Warbird Battlecruiser ?

I feel ya there, and agree.
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    It's almost like you people are trying to drive me insane.
    ...to hell with it. I'm embracing madness!
    And that you devs are actually watching my ship review series.

I spare no one and these are honest.
    ...Shuttles need to be brought up to the same standard as their fighter pet counterparts.
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I think the included 6x TOS boffs is something underrated. I was pleasantly surprised by them with the Legendary D7 pack. Especially nice how they are already trained in everything (basic), which frankly is something the game should consider for all BOFFs going forward. It makes the game much less of a hassle of having to hit the exchange or trainer to experiment with new builds.

OTOH it would be much better if it included Ultimate Tech Upgrades instead of the enhanced ones, which are basically worthless.

Yeah, someone apparently just hates Romulans at Cryptic,
  • lordkaballordkabal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hard pass for me... it ain't worth no 12k zen no matter how you claim it's an immense bundle, when in fact it is not. It's overpriced.
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I think the included 6x TOS boffs is something underrated. I was pleasantly surprised by them with the Legendary D7 pack. Especially nice how they are already trained in everything (basic), which frankly is something the game should consider for all BOFFs going forward. It makes the game much less of a hassle of having to hit the exchange or trainer to experiment with new builds.

OTOH it would be much better if it included Ultimate Tech Upgrades instead of the enhanced ones, which are basically worthless.

Yeah, someone apparently just hates Romulans at Cryptic,

Well, I'm not fond of Romulans myself. Lying, cheating, secretive and manipulative Tribble-holes. Doesn't matter if they're Star Empire or Republic. The only difference is that the latter have actual sentient rights standards.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    I kinda wish the Legenderidex also had a 5-3 weapon layout, like the Vor'cha had and now the Miranda has as well. Also, the Legenderidex doesn't even have two of the four cruiser commands while this one does. :(
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Instantly boost any TOS-Era Federation Captain to level 65, and unlock the Legendary Miranda Multi-mission Cruiser! Coming next week on all platforms.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11496393-the-legendary-tos-federation-captain's-bundle

I can see this as being very useful to very new players to the game looking to get right into the primo-action with an TOS Captain. IF HE/SHE had lots of cold hard RW $C*A*S*H$. I am trying to figure out how useful this would be to a TOS Captain who already leveled the long HARD way.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

What use would 5/3 be to an array-based broadsider? With the way the D'D turns the enemy would almost never be in front of it except by chance anyway.
  • krwolcottkrwolcott Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    That thing about wanting to balance the Dilithium market has taken a hard tumble at the starting block, hasn't it. I've wanted an End-Game Miranda from the day I first got promoted out of my starter ship. Naturally, it's ridiculously expensive, which makes Zen the thing people want, and Dilithium the way regular people get it, which explains why the Dilithium Exchange is still pegged at over 500k sell offers. By regular, I of course mean people without hundreds or thousands of actual dollars literally begging to be set on fire inside the all-consuming forge of grind, time gates, and gambling boxes that has become the STO meta, machinery designed to take cetaceans of all sizes and crush them into coin. I like this game, don't get me wrong, and that's why this upsets me. I'm getting tired of my enjoyment of this game being leveraged against me in an effort to get my money. And it worries me that PWE and/or Cryptic would do something like this so soon after World of Warships earned the ire of most of its fan base with a much larger but just as well thought-out monetization of a former free piece of the game. It's in the nature of publishers, I guess, to push the boundaries and see what they can get away with. But please don't implode while I'm looking right at you.

Hugs,
    Scout

Also, and you can have this for free: Next April 1, all NPCs in the game protest, they're tired of being vaporized and exploded, and they refuse to take part in any other the missions. Placards and chants and bullhorns. You can't target anyone, you can't shoot people. You just have to listen. Find and replace kill objectives with talk objectives.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    than the mighty Constitution-class Heavy Cruisers

At least in the Miranda description page, the TOS Constitution is FINALLY properly credited as a HEAVY Cruiser instead of the insulting "Light Cruiser" it's been called in STO from the beginning. EVERY other source except STO have called it a Heavy, and at last STO is on the same page. Let's hope the in-game descriptions change as well.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    vorwoda wrote: »
    than the mighty Constitution-class Heavy Cruisers

At least in the Miranda description page, the TOS Constitution is FINALLY properly credited as a HEAVY Cruiser instead of the insulting "Light Cruiser" it's been called in STO from the beginning. EVERY other source except STO have called it a Heavy, and at last STO is on the same page. Let's hope the in-game descriptions change as well.

Supposedly they call the "Temporal Light Cruiser" that because the game is from the late 24th/early 25th century viewpoint and ships have gotten bigger almost across the board, so the size of the TOS Constitution would be considered a light cruiser by then. Sort of like back in sailing ship days a frigate was a considered a sizable capital ship but is now the second smallest size class (corvette is the smallest).

Of course, that begs the question of why they persist in calling the Miranda class a light cruiser when it was the light cruiser companion to the TOS Constitution (which was considered a battlecruiser at the time despite Starfleet calling it a heavy cruiser). By rights they should have been calling the Miranda class a destroyer if the size class designations had inflated like that.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    How does cannon fodder like the Miranda get a 5/3 weapons loadout when the D'D/Galaxy Class (not counting Galaxy X) and Sovereign only get 4/4?. The T6 Miranda has one of the best boff station layouts for a cruiser as well. It's a little destroyer that needs a steroids test as it's punching way above it's weight class.

https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

What use would 5/3 be to an array-based broadsider? With the way the D'D turns the enemy would almost never be in front of it except by chance anyway.

There are certainly ways around the turn-rate, which Cryptic did improve I think by 1, but just keep glossing over the emphasis of Cryptic's own labeling: multi-mission cruiser versus warbird battlecruiser.

Out of those two which should probably have the 5/3 weapons & which have the 4/4? Also, I don't think the Lego DD was excluded from using cannons?

Don't get me wrong, it makes a potent little Lego Miranda probably along with its stats, but it also highlights when compared
    to the recent Lego DD a somewhat spit in the face approach of their own guidelines.

I also found it funny though that the Styx has a better turn rate than that Lego DD.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The TOS skin is fantastic. But when you already have the T6 Miranda, you are asking 120€ for a skin. Skins used to sell for 5€ back in the day. The AoY-pack sold for 150€ and offered 7 (seven) T6 ships and five <T6 ships. That's 11 ships. This right here is one ship and frankly useless filler for 120€.

Cryptic, PWE - I'm sorry, but this isn't reasonable in the slightest. pig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    As with many of the previous packs, the ship itself would be the only thing to interest me as I do not need the extra items.
    I'll pass for now, but be sure I'm waiting for the day when the ships become available separately...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    So just like the original DD released the new one was only slightly better, in the shows it was a warship mainly using cannons but in game it's not much more than a regular cruiser. I found it really lacking and disappointing.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    The Clarke has only just come out.... will owners get a further discount because you just scammed them?
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,697 Community Moderator
    fewzz wrote: »
    The Clarke has only just come out.... will owners get a further discount because you just scammed them?

drop the scam talk. there is no scam here. you choose when to buy something and when you don't, they have no control over your purchasing choices.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    fewzz wrote: »

drop the scam talk. there is no scam here. you choose when to buy something and when you don't, they have no control over your purchasing choices.

Then please show us the post by PWE that indicated that they would be releasing the Clarke bundle followed by this bundle so players could make their 'purchasing choices' decision on 'choosing when to buy something and when you don't' based on what they would have liked more if they couldn't afford both or wanted/preffered only one of them ahead of these sales.

This discussion has been closed.