test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disco Connie bridge question

coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 88 Arc User
So I've searched the forums and can't see mention of it, so if this is a duplicate thread, I apologise

Are we likely to get the Discovery Constitution class bridge as a layout for the MW Flight Deck Carrier at all? It's a bit weird to have Pike's Enterprise with the Discovery bridge.
"We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Lately they have only been making bridges for episodes and adapting some of them to player ship bridges so probably no Discoprise bridge until after the first season or so of Strange New Worlds when (or if) the devs make an episode that uses it.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    The Sarcophagus doesn't have its bridge either (though that might have something to do with the fact that the bridge makes the Galaxy's almost Defiant-sized by comparison, so there's that).
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Doesn't the DSC have access to the TOS bridge though, I'd say that's "close enough" until we get the DSC connie bridge.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    No it doesn't. It has access to the Walker bridge. If you want the TOS bridge you'd have to get the TOS bundle from the C-Store.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited August 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It has access to the Walker bridge. If you want the TOS bridge you'd have to get the TOS bundle from the C-Store.
    interesting as the Legendary DSC Connie does have access to that bridge.
    FNmbZWP.jpg

EDIT:and as far as I know I do not have that bundle.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I am so hoping that the series is more TOS than Disco...anything's better than Disco.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I am so hoping that the series is more TOS than Disco...anything's better than Disco.

Strange New Worlds? hoping for that too
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
    spiritborn wrote: »

As I have had the TOS bundle for years... I can't say if the Legendary does or not because as far as I am aware, other than bridges unique to that ship like the Kelvin Connie's bridge, any bridge that can be used on any ship has to have a source, and the TOS Interior comes from the TOS bundle.

One way you could check to see if you have that bundle or not is to check on the C-Store if you can "reclaim" it, as it does come with levelless Type 2 phasers you can reclaim for your BOffs. If it says reclaim, then you have the bundle, and thus access to the TOS Interior on any ship. Not just the Legendary DSC Connie.

Another way would also be to see if you can select that interior on another ship, preferable a free level up ship or a normal C-Store.

Again as far as I know... none of the legendaries comes with the TOS, Belfast, Voyager, or Galaxy interiors.
    And I specified those interiors because I'm already predicting someone saying that the Legend Scimitar comes with the Scimitar bridge. Problem with that argument is that ALL Scimitar variants come with that bridge so its not exactly an argument.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • enigmachad#4351 enigmachad Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    i'd like to see constitution refit from TWOK movies. or even from TMP, since we have the unis
    Well... I think one of the Devs did say something about doing TMP stuff at some point.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    If they do make the TMP bridge it would be great if they refitted the TOS bridge pack ceiling with the TMP ceiling since according to Jefferies that is what he designed for the TOS ceiling though they never built it. For Phase II/TMP he just trotted out the old design and made a few minor modifications to match the new style a bit better.

As for the OP's question, the devs have said that the only way they will make a bridge anymore is if it appears in a mission. I suspect that they will probably hold off on doing SNW content until after the first season comes out at the very least so they can see exactly how the stuff is presented in the show, so that means it is probably a year away or more.
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    i'd like to see constitution refit from TWOK movies. or even from TMP, since we have the unis

I would as well, but I don't see it happening. Unfortunately, the bridges in STO are more or less irrelevant. No matter how much I wish this would change, it really isn't possible. I understand the reasons behind it, so I no longer bug the devs about it.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
    rattler2 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »

As I have had the TOS bundle for years... I can't say if the Legendary does or not because as far as I am aware, other than bridges unique to that ship like the Kelvin Connie's bridge, any bridge that can be used on any ship has to have a source, and the TOS Interior comes from the TOS bundle.

One way you could check to see if you have that bundle or not is to check on the C-Store if you can "reclaim" it, as it does come with levelless Type 2 phasers you can reclaim for your BOffs. If it says reclaim, then you have the bundle, and thus access to the TOS Interior on any ship. Not just the Legendary DSC Connie.

Another way would also be to see if you can select that interior on another ship, preferable a free level up ship or a normal C-Store.

Again as far as I know... none of the legendaries comes with the TOS, Belfast, Voyager, or Galaxy interiors.
    And I specified those interiors because I'm already predicting someone saying that the Legend Scimitar comes with the Scimitar bridge. Problem with that argument is that ALL Scimitar variants come with that bridge so its not exactly an argument.

I've only bought only 2 packs during my whole STO time the temporal one and the Legendary pack so unless they gave the TOS pack for free I shouldn't have it.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »

well, it IS going to be episodic. aka Planet of the week. will there be an underlying arc? maybe.. something similar to the early DS9 Episodes when they were doing X,Y and Z, but you kept hearing about "the dominion" and then finally it was revealed to be the big bad for the rest of the series.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.