test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How is this possible?

scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
After reading about the new Temporal Agent event coming out, I decided to pop on over using an old character I still had back in that time. This player was a fleet admiral, in a fleet, had a T6 ship and maxed. Hows this possible?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Looks like an old glitch/exploit that was fixed. But that player some how got around the fix. As for the T6 ship one can be used during that era if it is certain store ones. One of the mods should take a look at that and move it up the ladder.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    If you have cross-faction flying unlocked, you can use any T6 C-Store ship while still in the TOS zone now. Also, while it doesn't sound very fun, you can still level up your character by repeating the TOS missions without doing the last TOS mission (which flicks you forward in time) and level up very slowly that way. You can't do much else while still there with the Account Bank, Dil Store, Event tab, TFOs and most other things being locked out, so it's kinda a pointless challenge to do so.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Even with all the restrictions to curb the exploit some people have a character that stays there just for the ambience, sort of like Scotty bringing up the TOS Enterprise bridge on the holodeck in TNG to revisit it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'll ping @darkbladejk for this.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    don't suppose you happened to get the person's @handle by chance? don't post here if you did but PM it to me. Unless that person has done several of the missions and unlocked doffing during an XP weekend, then cheesed some doff assignments, that shouldn't be possible.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I'm speculating a bit but perhaps the player splurged a lot of money on the Discovery legendary bundle with the L65 boost and the ship, and invited the character to a fleet from an alt who was already a fleet leader?
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Whatever the case, lets leave this guy alone. We really need to have the mods push this up to Cryptic? Is this guy doing anything detrimental to the game? Seriously?

If this is what the player enjoys, then let him/her have it. No need to 'release the hounds' for someone doing something so harmless.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Whatever the case, lets leave this guy alone. We really need to have the mods push this up to Cryptic? Is this guy doing anything detrimental to the game? Seriously?

If this is what the player enjoys, then let him/her have it. No need to 'release the hounds' for someone doing something so harmless.

Agreed.

There are plenty of bugs that could be fixed first anyway. This one doesn't affect anyone else in a negative sense. Just leave him be.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.