test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg TFOs as a story

I noticed that some of the Borg TFOs are actually part of a larger story. Wouldn't it be nice to include those TFOs in the correct order in the Borg story arc? This story arc currently only has a few mission in it. And now most people probably enter these TFOs from a random TFO, so you miss the whole story. A shame since you've (you = Cryptic) put so much work in it!
Tagged:

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    They first 6 TFOs were a story yes. And the ground and space missions were played together. That was before my time. I came the first month of FTP in 2012.

According to the STO wiki:

On launch, STFs were longer and included their ground and space portions as a single mission. They were split up in Season 5 when they added Encrypted Data Chips as rewards.

So you probably can play them together in order—you just need to warp around a sun first and travel back to 2010.

additional sources:

https://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/1054520-stf%3A-infected-available-now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wri3mj9CHKI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1oP0liG_QHc
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    You should have seen the old Borg story before it was butchered into the mess we have now. Back then we have proper end game content, proper raid like TFO's, a real challenge to complete the TFO's and the maps where all linked together both via story and gameplay. One of my biggest disappointments with STO is how they revamped the Borg content into the rubbish we have now. The Borg used to be epic to fight against and felt like a real threat and the story was not all cut up and patched up like it is now. STO has less and worse end game content now then it did back then.
  • cpttiemenscpttiemens Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    You should have seen the old Borg story before it was butchered into the mess we have now. Back then we have proper end game content, proper raid like TFO's, a real challenge to complete the TFO's and the maps where all linked together both via story and gameplay. One of my biggest disappointments with STO is how they revamped the Borg content into the rubbish we have now. The Borg used to be epic to fight against and felt like a real threat and the story was not all cut up and patched up like it is now. STO has less and worse end game content now then it did back then.

I've been playing since before STO was free-to-play, so I do remember ;)
  • orestes82#5764 orestes82 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Agreed. The newer TFOs are tied into the newer mission arcs. If there's a way to remaster the Borg arc in a way where the TFOs are "adapted" into story missions that would be neat. After you complete the story missions, the TFO would then unlock and then you can play the traditional PVE. Additionally, if the Deferi invasion could be tied into the story mission as well you could have an epic story mission arc. I've been playing the game for about five years now. To me, the two existential threats in the game are the Iconians and the Borg.