test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Timeline Needs You!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Just in time for Star Trek Day, experience the updated Original Series experience, and become a Temporal Recruit!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11496013-the-timeline-needs-you!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• cashmere#0911 cashmere Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So excited for this!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    @ambassadorkael#6946 Need to change the link mate as the one in your post is the patch notes
  • painstick#2520 painstick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Will accounts that weren't around for the first time this was run be getting a free character slot?

I've heard conflicting information as to whether reruns events give out the free slot or not. And since this will be my first time for this one, just wanna be sure.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    issue corrected
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    This makes me happy and it is an appropriate drop for Star Trek Day too! My Temporal Agents are my favorites out of all event created characters on console. This time I will have to add a Tellarite to my other three toons representing the other founding species!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Does this mean NPCs in interiors are finally sitting on their chairs without clipping into the floor?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Does this mean NPCs in interiors are finally sitting on their chairs without clipping into the floor?
    Would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Will accounts that weren't around for the first time this was run be getting a free character slot?

I've heard conflicting information as to whether reruns events give out the free slot or not. And since this will be my first time for this one, just wanna be sure.

You already got it. All new accounts have all the character slots from all the recruitment events already added to them.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    > @cashmere#0911 said:
    > So excited for this!

Me too 😃! Looking forward to starting a new captain.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    I'd be willing to make a Temporal recruit...if you guys will allow the TOS faction to have an Alien race.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    And add caitians … please and thank you! :wink:
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    FYI, Admiralty rewards from all current recruits ( temporal, gamma, delta, etc) cannot be claimed. Well you can get the claim the box but when you try to open it you get a blank box. The code was broken when the pass token patch happened. I don't see a fix in sight that will release fast enough in time for a new temporal recruit. so expect that any of those boxes in the admiralty section of the recruit that had at one point contain pass tokens to clog up your inventory because you can't open them then have them fade away.

Still gonna play the event since i think i deleted my last temporal or something to make room for a character i ended deleting because didn't like the build i brick myself into. gonna create a new one for the collection.
  • sslorrsslorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Awesome news. I missed the first run because of being stuck in the hospital after heart problems so I am so stoked. Just have to hope my ticker doesn't betray me like the first time. (went in 2 days before event started and got out 3 days after event over.)

Can't wait and am so excited..
  • davinalove#9367 davinalove Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Quick Question. I made a Temporal Character before this event happened. Can I still retrieve the Temporal Transponder from our Temporal Agent on ESD? I never got one because the event wasn't on at the time.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Quick Question. I made a Temporal Character before this event happened. Can I still retrieve the Temporal Transponder from our Temporal Agent on ESD? I never got one because the event wasn't on at the time.
    Nope. Only new character created during the event can become Temporal Agents.
    As long as you full play the TOS mission line, [REDACTED] will eventually give you the Temporal Transponder when you [REDACTED] and you will then be a Temporal Agent

The downside of this event is that it's the one where you have to play for a few hours before you'll get the Transponder, so don't just play up to the end of the tutorial like the other events - you must keep playing until you receive it.

If the event finishes before you get it, then you will not be a Temporal Agent. But 30 days worth of time for the event is a massive amount of time in which to get it. It's easily achievable within one play session, but if you only play for an hour or so each day, you should probably have it by the time you log off in day three.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I'd be willing to make a Temporal recruit...if you guys will allow the TOS faction to have an Alien race.

Boo ..... hiss!
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Thankies so muchies! <3
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • latexrubberlatexrubber Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I don't understand why you cannot make a Caitian TOS captain. They came from the TOS era and were already allies and served aboard Starfleet ships during the time period they're played in this game.

The devs even added the hair styles of the time from characters like M'ress to the game yet they won't let you make a Caitian TOS captain?

Just why?

unknown.png
    Look there is even space for the cats to fit right there. Why is there this space in the character creation sceren?

Oh and while I'm here being a sour puss over cats please give us a no-boots option for uniforms. It exists for swimsuits, and Caitians are known for not wearing boots in-cannon.
    Post edited by latexrubber on
    I don't understand why you cannot make a Caitian TOS captain. They came from the TOS era and were already allies and served aboard Starfleet ships during the time period they're played in this game.

The devs even added the hair styles of the time from characters like M'ress to the game yet they won't let you make a Caitian TOS captain?

Just why?

Look there is even space for the cats to fit right there. Why is there this space in the character creation sceren?

Oh and while I'm here being a sour puss over cats please give us a no-boots option for uniforms. It exists for swimsuits, and Caitians are known for not wearing boots in-cannon.

The TOS character is not about the era, it's about the TV show. They even added a 60s TV-grain filter. And in that show, there were no caitians.

Also, T'Ana (second canonical appearance of the race, with other cat-people probably being some but never stated) wears regular boots.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • willdojinnwilldojinn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I don't mean to be crass but.... are you that hard-up to play a furry?

Outside of the tutorial temporal agent streamlines pretty swiftly into normal federation. Heck Temporal agent gets even less 'new' material than the romulan faction does when streamlining into fed/klingon missions.

It isn't like the ToS uniform is exclusive to the Temporal Agent if that's the look you're after.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Just why?

unknown.png

i would venture that the reason is that you never see any in any ToS eps, the only and first time we see them is in a movie, and the now LD series. (yes i guess there are some other places, but those are not referenced for much of anything in STO)

Actually, the first Caitian seen was Lt. M'Ress in the Animated Series which technically takes place around TOS era. The hairstyle mentioned is from that character. Even though there's been debate for decades over whether or not it's canon, there were a couple of references to TAS in Enterprise.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    > @unclegoldie said:
    > Actually, the first Caitian seen was Lt. M'Ress in the Animated Series which technically takes place around TOS era. The hairstyle mentioned is from that character. Even though there's been debate for decades over whether or not it's canon, there were a couple of references to TAS in Enterprise.

Lower Decks referred to TAS multiple times as well. They even showed a picture of Kirk and Spock lifted directly from TAS at one point in a really clever way. So TAS is definitely canon for LD, and unless you want to sideline animated shows in general, it's fairly well established to be canonical now.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • latexrubberlatexrubber Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    unknown.png
    willdojinn wrote: »
    I don't mean to be crass but.... are you that hard-up to play a furry?

Outside of the tutorial temporal agent streamlines pretty swiftly into normal federation. Heck Temporal agent gets even less 'new' material than the romulan faction does when streamlining into fed/klingon missions.

It isn't like the ToS uniform is exclusive to the Temporal Agent if that's the look you're after.

I'm just tired of playing humans, and things that are humans but mildly different. Oh look, a taller human with pointy ears! Oh my a green skinned human! Oh this one is blue with tiny wiggler antenna, very different.

Every mmo it's humans and either taller or smaller ones with different shades of skin. I want to play ANYTHING but, hell even the Caitians are barely different, but they're different enough.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @unclegoldie said:
    > Actually, the first Caitian seen was Lt. M'Ress in the Animated Series which technically takes place around TOS era. The hairstyle mentioned is from that character. Even though there's been debate for decades over whether or not it's canon, there were a couple of references to TAS in Enterprise.

Lower Decks referred to TAS multiple times as well. They even showed a picture of Kirk and Spock lifted directly from TAS at one point in a really clever way. So TAS is definitely canon for LD, and unless you want to sideline animated shows in general, it's fairly well established to be canonical now.

The story goes that Roddenberry, himself, decided at one point that TAS wasn't canon; however, I believe it was decided to be canon by CBS/Paramount sometime later. (BTW, since TAS was produced in the early 70s, M'Riss' hairstyle more reflected that period than the late 60s.)
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Kal Dano screwed it all up. Make him fix it!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
This discussion has been closed.