test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Rule Wording

13»

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    what are you proposed solutions to make sure there are no issues within reason?
    For one thing, whoever writes a blog, launcher banner, or loading screen should do a simple proof read before submitting it. It's no secret that repeated event blogs get copy + pasted and that itself isn't a problem, they just need to quickly verify the dates, times, and rewards listed before saying it's done. It shouldn't take more than a minute or two to compare the important information on the WIP blog to the information they have on their internal documentation. It's a very low effort solution that would solve most of the communication issues.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    For folks saying he needs to validate information better and check for inaccuracies, what are you proposed solutions to make sure there are no issues within reason? What are your proposed solutions that don't overload him or any folks that may help him? From statements I've heard him make in the past on streams and elsewhere, he doesn't just draft everything himself all the time. Otherwise this thread has gone way off course at this juncture.

WHY IS THIS OUR JOB?!?
    It isn't, but if you actually want something to be fixed it's always better to include potential solutions with your complaints.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    edited August 2021
    People in this thread are continually assuming this rule change is about me. It is not. My job is to be the public face of the company, I understand that mistakes will be laid at my feet, especially when they're my fault. :) (Although I take issue with the idea that blogs have been wrong "more often than not." They've been wrong more than they should, absolutely, and I'm continually working on that, but more often than not would mean there was a mistake like, five times a week and that hasn't been happening.)

This lack-of-change is being written because I want to make sure our developers feel safe coming here and the forums are a safe space for their mental health. That is important to me. Criticism is fine. Going beyond it is not. That's the end of it.

I am going to close this, because the discussion has become a circle of folks who want to harp on my mistakes, rather than discussion of the actual rule clarification happening.
This discussion has been closed.