test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of Essential or sought after DOFFs?

vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere for DOFFs and which ones are the best benefit to which types of captains and such? Been looking at some of the "reward ones" and found many i never knew existed...but the STO wiki site doesn't have a good breakdown of the best to use for this or that....
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I get that....and have been using things as I find them......but in A2B builds, for instance, there are special technicians and others doffs that are "best in slot"....... and one of the doffs that was an event of anniversary reward (pink box) will not take up a slot if assigned to ground duty....another can trigger up to 4 aftershock tyken's rifts......

That kind of stuff, unique doffs, ones that do unusual things..... (another example is the Lower decks doffs - interesting secondary skills....)
  • tubafiredragontubafiredragon Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Flight deck officers that reduce hangar cooldowns are pretty good.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    Also if you are doing R&D, the level 15 special projects require special DOFFs; these can be bought via the DOFF vendor at fleet K-13.

I was just there to look, and there was no way to see what is the R&D specialty of the Research Lab DOFFs. Is it random, like the Krenim ones you buy at the Fleet Research Lab?

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    If you want to make Aegis set items, you'll want Gumarre. Aside from being available via R&D Assistance academy doff job, he is a reward for some Recruit types. (Including I think the upcoming Temporal Agent Recruitment event.) Since the items are tradable, you could do with just having him on one character. (I got one the normal way on my main character.)
This discussion has been closed.