test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feature Request/ Dilithium Sinkhole - transferring ships to other characters on same account

cmdth0r#8402 cmdth0r Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Pls Cryptic,

give us the ability to repackage ships we already own from "Dry Dock" to a account bound box that we can then reassign to another toon on same account.

Such a Token priced at something like 1 mil Dilithium would mean a lot for us endgame players and would not interfere with the new players gaming experience.

at same time such a Token will provide the Dilithium sinkhole to those Millons of Millons of Dilithium that have to go,... from those who actually have that much Dilithium.

This would still mean we only have the one single ship and at best for the price of 1 mil Dilithium we got the one ship trait on a second character..
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Pls Cryptic,

give us the ability to repackage ships we already own from "Dry Dock" to a account bound box that we can then reassign to another toon on same account.

Such a Token priced at something like 1 mil Dilithium would mean a lot for us endgame players and would not interfere with the new players gaming experience.

at same time such a Token will provide the Dilithium sinkhole to those Millons of Millons of Dilithium that have to go,... from those who actually have that much Dilithium.

This would still mean we only have the one single ship and at best for the price of 1 mil Dilithium we got the one ship trait on a second character..

Im sorry but NO.

Ok, so you want to 'reassign' one of your lockbox ships to another toon that you have already opened and use on another. OK, so you want to keep the starship trait you earned and be able to earn the trait on another toon?

What about the ship console? the unique ship weapon/s?

You also asking Cryptic to program in a 'repackaging' system, which doesnt exit currently ingame. Which would take a good deal of programmer hours. a repackaging system that would also need to have tags on it so you simply couldnt resell the ship on the exchange or trade to another player. That is even more programmer hours.

Also, you are making alot of assumptions that us with stock piles of dilithium will jump at this chance.

I am going to be blunt.

Hell no would i jump at a system like this. This me speaking personally, and not for others like me (several who i am sure will comment on their thoughts).

There is already a system in place. Mudds Market. The standard prices are so silly it stupid. But when there is a sale, I have a good chance if i decided to, to pickup a ship that is unlocked for my entire account. While there are multiple ships that are not in mudds market, patience has worked out several times.

No jumping through hopes, no spending 1 million dilithium to transfer one ship, to one more character on my account.

Especially if i can get the ship through EC grinding and good use of the exchange if she isnt on Mudds Market.

I am personally, just not seeing any draw for a system like this. I don't see a draw for Cryptic. As it would essentially require building a new system from scratch, which would take vaulable programmer hours.

For a system that might be barely used, for a very small section of the playerbase.

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I like the idea, but I think 1 Million Dilithium is unreasonable.

It puts the system out of reach of everyone but long time vets and hardcore grinders. I could do it to one or two ships but then I would be cleaned out, anyone that's been playing less then a year probably can't do it at all. One Million Dilithium is 125 days of refining and that's assuming you don't spend any at all over that time.

The other issue is that this has been suggested several times and while it seems like a favorable suggestion with the player base, Cryptic doesn't seem interested. Lately, they only seem interested in systems that take something we already have away and then charge us to replace it. I like this idea, I would love to re-package a ship or two and send them off to an alt, but the honest truth is all Cryptic cares about is getting you to buy more keys to try to get additional ships. This idea cuts into that, so it's pretty sure they won't consider it.

Anything that effects lock boxes is going to be off the table sadly. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    To what end? If the goal is to have a ship you can use on other toons (i.e. you need to repack the consoles and items it comes with along with removal of traits) I don't see this being an effective sink as how many people will do this how often? If this is because you want the trait on other toons, why not directly sell the trait for other toons for dil if you have the ship already? If for consoles and such...same deal. That would be easier to code and work better as a sink.

Agreed, Less hassle for Cryptic. Instead of having to reprogram a entire new system. All they would need to do (still some work involved) is code something into the dilithium store.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • cmdth0r#8402 cmdth0r Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    i actually actively play 7 toons, have already hundreds of traits and most of the legendary bundles account unlocked and most of the Mudd's Market account unlocks already all around.

However,
    - got them Talshiar Adapted ship collection on my sci toon, that i would rather put in Sci ship and will never fly them on.
    - Have the Iconian 3-piece ship collection on a Klingon eng that i've paired with a command dreadnaught Cruser instead,
    - Have the Jemhadar Dred carrier and Bugship pets on a Klingon sci while my dominion Jem'Hadar toon is flying the legendary Temporal flight-deck carrier...
    - have all Torp Meta traits & ships on my oldest sci toon that will never be able to get the full potential out of..
    list goes on...

I am one that dropped close to 900 Euro on the game in just the past 6 months, and...

i would definitely burn both Zen and dill to move my ships around. What i would DEFINITLY never do is buy 7 times the same ship for some trait or console !
    that would only play in the hands of those that play the markets and not the game !

and why remove trait and consoles, there should be something to gain from burning millions of Dilithium, otherwise where would be the incentive ?

curent game state is that when new content is released trough gambling mechanics some get lucky, and then shortly after some get smart and bulk clear out all market orders in order to make profits by reselling the stuff 1-2 months later.

There has to be a "Burn" if the game is ever to get back to Spaceships from where it is now... Trading exchange ! Ferengi on all corners !
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    and why remove trait and consoles, there should be something to gain from burning millions of Dilithium, otherwise where would be the incentive ?

You are thinking about it from a player perspective, a completely reasonable stance but not the one Cryptic will use.

What you say makes sense, but Cryptic sees the chance that if you want that console or trait on another character, you will spend money to try and get another copy of the ship. They're not interested in 'fair,' simply put.. fair doesn't make any money and that's what they are focused on.

That's not necessarily bad, I don't hold it against any company to try and make money, I get that Cryptic is a business and not a charity, but I do think that they have pushed monetization of the game a little far and this would fall into that area. They really depend on people over spending to try and get more items for alts, they see this as just throwing away money.

Personally, it doesn't work on me, but I have to assume that it works on many others. It's a way to gouge the whales for as much as possible, and sadly.. it works.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.