test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 FYI: Red Alert rewards an Experimental Ship Upgrade Token

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    In this case, the information is actually wrong in the in game loading screens too - which (I may be wrong here) Kael is not responsible for.

So it appears that in this instance, he was given bad information from someone else.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    In this case, the information is actually wrong in the in game loading screens too - which (I may be wrong here) Kael is not responsible for.

So it appears that in this instance, he was given bad information from someone else.

Most of us have no idea what all Kael is responsible for. I know I don't, I just hear that he's really busy all the time, but the only job I am aware of him doing he does very badly. I honestly have no idea who puts the information in the Launcher, but it seems that with Cryptic the right hand doesn't talk to the left. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    but it seems that with Cryptic the right hand doesn't talk to the left. :lol:

That's true - By the way, I wasn't talking about the launcher. I was talking about the actual loading screens in game, for map moves and stuff.
    but it seems that with Cryptic the right hand doesn't talk to the left. :lol:

That's true - By the way, I wasn't talking about the launcher. I was talking about the actual loading screens in game, for map moves and stuff.

Understood, I don't know who makes any of that stuff, but it's usually universally wrong. I'm not sure if it's all one person that doesn't care or if they just all collectively don't care. :lol:
    Understood, I don't know who makes any of that stuff, but it's usually universally wrong. I'm not sure if it's all one person that doesn't care or if they just all collectively don't care. :lol:

I don't know about 'all', but logically it has to be more than one person. If I were consistently making copy and paste errors in publicity for my company's product, I'd expect my boss to be having a word, and requiring a swift improvement.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    makes me mad because I knew I did not have the time to do the event, only got to play Friday yesterday and today, and decided to buy out. I feel ripped off

As futile as it is to contact CS at this point, you should contact them about a refund or the token that was advertised. After that, when they refuse, you would at least have legal standing to start a legal suit...probably a class action one as doing a personal one for an amount so small is silly. If nothing else, doing so will FINAL bring to attention the TRIBBLE job Kael has been doing and that they can and will be held responsible for what he does on their behalf as their employee and finally replace him with an ACTUAL CM.

it was a 400 zen buyout. honestly, even wasting the time to email CS isn't really worth the time or effort.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Given enough time a room full of monkeys and typewriters could recreate Shakespeare.

In that same time frame blog posts will remain as lazy copy pastings with zero checking for blatantly obvious typos, incorrect dates or plain false information.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    They need to give it to us.
    Dont wanna lose money, tell Thomas and Mike to proofread?!

If they were going to do things they should, they should have replaced Kael as the CM YEARS ago now and should never have let Trendy go. They ain't gonna do what they SHOULD be doing...and until somebody with actual legal standing of having lost something due to the false advertising...like say nixie50 brings an actual legal suit against them...it is obvious they aren't gonna do what they should be doing.

im with ya, but lets be honest a bit... suits cost money. and im betting they have more then we do. not saying even a local suit wouldnt merit a looksee, but money talks.

i also fear there is some cover within the EULA that protects them. not sure here as i am not a lawyer nor do i want to read all the tiny print.

but overall, yes, i agree.

EULA won't help as they are in California which has already legal precedence that you can not change details or times of advertised sales or events AFTER the advertised sale or event has started. And that X token was most definitely removed AFTER the event started.

I'm not a lawyer but:

It's a free event not a merchandise sale or paid ticketed event so it's plausible that any consumer protection laws don't apply even if someone successfully challenged the EULA.

Someone who paid to buy out the event might have a case if they were refused a token or a refund.
  • raximillianraximillian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ok, I put in a ticket, and they guided me here. Obviously, I did not receive the experimental token. I've been reading the posts, they list an error, or mistake, but that does not pan out. I mean, the official site STILL lists the experimental token as a reward to this day:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11493713-the-galaxy-goes-to-red-alert%21

If it was an error, that site should have been corrected. But it has not been corrected even to this day. The loading screens also had that info throughout the event. So the only error I see is that we did not get the experimental token, and I'm still waiting for it.

I did not buyout the event (this would be many times worse if I had), but some people did, and the lack of response does not look good.
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Given enough time a room full of monkeys and typewriters could recreate Shakespeare.
    >
    > In that same time frame blog posts will remain as lazy copy pastings with zero checking for blatantly obvious typos, incorrect dates or plain false information.

I don't mind people making mistakes, we are all human. If they come out the day after the post, and say "Sorry guys, we added an extra reward that should not be there, we'll be removing it", then it's fine! no issues. But even now, the official site still lists the token as a valid reward:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11493713-the-galaxy-goes-to-red-alert%21

The loading screen also listed the reward every single time I changed instances.

There have not been any corrections, or changes, so the only way to interpret that is that we should have received a token that we did not. I just cannot see it any other way.
    Well, my ticket was pretty much closed. They told me to track this issue on the forums, but apparently there is no official answer. So... what? are they just going to ignore this, and hope it goes away? Sure, they can do that, but that will just guarantee I will not spend money on this game. I did buy the original game so many years ago, so I guess that's all they will get from me. Cheers.
    So... what? are they just going to ignore this, and hope it goes away?

It seems that's exactly the approach they're taking, yes.
    that will just guarantee I will not spend money on this game.

That would be a very wise decision, one many of us have made. I would never give money to any company when I can't trust the description of what I would be receiving in return.

• psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I did not receive the upgrade after completing the event. My sister completed the event and got the ship upgrade. Being told that they may or may not reward the prize for the event is TRIBBLE poor customer service .... also complete BS.....

My sister completed the event and got the ship upgrade.

No, she didn’t.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User

No, she didn’t.

that was my first thought....but id like to see the proof. :P

She has one in her inventory .... but after further review it may be from a gamma recruit award, sorry for the mistake....

No, she didn’t.

that was my first thought....but id like to see the proof. :P

She has one in her inventory .... but after further review it may be from a gamma recruit award, sorry for the mistake....

Easy mistake to make, no harm done. :smile:
  • morphix#4513 morphix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I was sent here by the custumer Support a few days ago too. I shall watch this topic and the official news Page regarding this issue. Maybe any mod or CM can clarify if and when we will get some further information?
    I was sent here by the custumer Support a few days ago too. I shall watch this topic and the official news Page regarding this issue. Maybe any mod or CM can clarify if and when we will get some further information?

There will be nothing further. They made a mistake, didn't acknowledge it and have moved on.

No one is getting what they were told they were getting, as far as we all know the matter is closed. I would also plan on something like this happening again in the future, keep this in mind if you're ever considering spending any money.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, my ticket was pretty much closed. They told me to track this issue on the forums, but apparently there is no official answer. So... what? are they just going to ignore this, and hope it goes away? Sure, they can do that, but that will just guarantee I will not spend money on this game. I did buy the original game so many years ago, so I guess that's all they will get from me. Cheers.

Many of us have gone to the not spending money route...yes. CS in this game is BEYOND worthless. EVERYTHING is a bug and the devs have to fix it...IF YOU ARE LUCKY. If not, they might BAN you for daring to complain. And yes, they will continue to ignore it and hopes it goes away...because it's worked for them so far. Until a lawsuit happens, they won't care.

Yeah - whilst not completely unheard of, admittance of mistakes made/apologies from The Powers That Be are pretty rare.

In contrast, this is a very recent 'press release' from Wargaming:
    Dear players,

Lately a lot of you have been upset with various incidents, our decisions, as well as a general state of things in the game and community. Before we continue, we want to apologize to all of you, players, content creators, moderators, testers, and other volunteers, to those who support us and those disappointed with us. Everything that happens within the game and the community is our responsibility, and we are sorry that we let the situation come to its current state.

We want to take this opportunity to be more transparent about how we will take actions to improve our internal processes and our relationship with you. It will be a long read, you will see items of different scales and with different times required to see results. No doubt more news and announcements will follow, so please don't treat this as a final plan and the ultimate solution to everything. Instead, please treat it as a list of things we're currently working on and a way to show our intentions to make the game and community a better place. Also, please note that it is not comprehensive, as many other measures are revolving around internal processes.
    It also went on to explain how they plan to address these issues.

I know Wargaming caused the problem for themselves but to be frank, regardless of that, it's refreshing to see a gaming company listen to feedback and say "hey, we messed up - we admit that and we're sorry" instead of "Oh no. Anyway...."

Wargaming is the company that makes World of Tanks, and that's what they are referring to when they say in the first sentence "the game" ?
This discussion has been closed.