test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which ship do you expect to see more as players pick their prizes?

Comments

• vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I chose the Universe class, and I love it. besides now that I can get the t6 connie from the 10th pack and the Kelvin Heavy Destroyer (the only 2 other ships i wanted) from Mudd's, this was really my only chance to get the Universe without having to spend $100+. I can get the other 2 at a later time.

but i'm really enjoying it.

If i wanted universe i rather go with:

Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battle Cruiser [T6]

1. It will be very rare
    2. Looks like boss
    3. Its the same but comes with a cloak
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Is there a list of which ships will be available through the pack? I know they limited to promo ships before a certain date.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Event_Campaign_III_Prize:_Premium_T6_Starship_Choice has a list.
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    The Vengeance was by far the most popular lobi ship. I would be surprised people would get one when they (and lobi ships in general) are cheap on the exchange.

I don't think we'll see too many more Universes because while it's big and distinctive looking (and an Enterprise), it's not a very good ship in game.

We'll probably see a lot more Juggernauts and S31s because they are very good ships. Probably more MW Discovery Constitutions and D7s and Atlases (solid ship with the best console in game)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Someone posted a picture of their new Atlas on Reddit and it looks like it has the Defiant hull material, when did it get access to that? EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it's the Platinum Vanity Shield.
    Post edited by evilmark444 on
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I don't think we'll see too many more Universes because while it's big and distinctive looking (and an Enterprise), it's not a very good ship in game.

but...its...fugly...

(ymmv)

I think its gorgeous
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The only universe class I even like the look of is the Romulan one, but unfortunately none of my Romulan's are a main so it would just be wasted on them.
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    The only universe class I even like the look of is the Romulan one, but unfortunately none of my Romulan's are a main so it would just be wasted on them.

The Universe class (which, it must be remembered, is based on an unfinished model) and its Klingon equivalent look like they're made of taffy.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    edited August 2021

The Universe class (which, it must be remembered, is based on an unfinished model) and its Klingon equivalent look like they're made of taffy.

More overly rushed than unfinished, which is why the struts were never trimmed and the nacelles are impaled on them like a pickle on a fork. All in all though, I like the look of the ship but I suspect the handling would drive me crazy in combat.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I picked the Disco D7. Legendaries and Mudd gave me a bunch of ships I would've wanted already, one of my AoY guys has the Atlas, and I already have a flying garden shovel. It's called the Intrepid. (Plus I figured my Disco-Klingon would've liked something a bit less ungainly than the Sarcophagus, heh heh.)
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User

More overly rushed than unfinished, which is why the struts were never trimmed and the nacelles are impaled on them like a pickle on a fork. All in all though, I like the look of the ship but I suspect the handling would drive me crazy in combat.

It's not necessarily an easy or even fun ship to fly. The Pilot tree, its ship-specific console, advanced engines trait from the Delta rep and some other stuff can make it manageable though. I haven't tried Competitive engines on it yet, but I'm sure those can also help. Those engines by themselves make some of my Odysseys handle much better.

My only real disappointment - I knew it wouldn't be an easy ship to fly after all - is that the beams that are shot from it are really small. If you've ever used Shuttle construction wing (Engineering boff ability) : your energy weapons will look like those thin repair beams.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I'll be getting the Universe class. Mainly because its size makes it unlike anything else I have.

The Section 31 Battlecruiser looks fun too - maybe next time!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Already have the Durgath(actually been using it for the event; mine is built as a superbruiser). Gave a lot of consideration to the Disco D7 for the squadrons.

However, I'm quite sure I'll be going with the Sona Collector to replace my Damar Drainship; it's far more agile, and the collection mode is going to be doing some disgusting work with my setup. Kind of curious to see how the fighters perform as well(still a bit irked the Battlecruiser didn't come with a hangar like the NPC version).
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I picked the Mirror Defiant, but I'm sitting on it for my future AOY character.

(Yes, for those of you who think I hate ST:D, with the reward offering huge selection of rare ships I don't have, I picked a ship from ST:D)
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    On my alt account, I plan to acquire the D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier ship for my primary Klingon. On my main I had been expecting to get either the Vulcan Experimental Scout or perhaps the Freedom Exploration Frigate. However on my main, I've now decided to take the Lobi reward instead!
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Constitution variants seem likely. I'm going for a Vonph myself.

Yea... I'm gunning for a Mirror Connie for my DSC character.

I have that ship and use it with my most senior AoY Andorian Captain. Good ship!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I was thinking to get the original disco because it's the only ship I ever wanted in this game but couldn't get. But is it like terrible or something?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

coldnapalm wrote: »

but...its...fugly...

(ymmv)

I think its gorgeous

Yeah, but you think the ToS Connie looks good...so...no accounting for taste with you :p .

TOS Constitution is a beautiful ship. Would've been my pick if I didn't already have one.

but...its...fugly...

(ymmv)

I think its gorgeous

Yeah, but you think the ToS Connie looks good...so...no accounting for taste with you :p .

TOS Constitution is a beautiful ship. Would've been my pick if I didn't already have one.

That's your nostalgia goggles talking, the TOS Constitution is a hideous ship that looks like it was made out of cardboard.
    eaY7Xxu.png

but...its...fugly...

(ymmv)

I think its gorgeous

That's your nostalgia goggles talking, the TOS Constitution is a hideous ship that looks like it was made out of cardboard.

Personal taste is not a matter of nostalgia. Besides, I'm nowhere near old enough to have nostalgia for that ship.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    I think I'd like one of the undiscovered proto dreadnoughts. I'd enjoy having any one of three but the Thrai is a fun piece of the design. I love how they managed to jumble the TOS Romulan aesthetic with the lines of the D'Deridex. It looks like the parts are a bit cobbled together but I think that's part of the charm.
    questerius wrote: »
    Leaning toward the Atlas myself. Will decide in a few days.

These ships are prime candidates for a future Mudd bundle, so if that's something either of you would be willing to buy it might be best to wait a week or two and see what the next one is going to be, should be coming out in September based on the three month release schedule.

I'll sit on the box for the moment. A account wide bundle would be preferable.
    My shipyard is already pretty full with good ships.

If the atlas goes bundle then i will most likely get one of the HurQ ships, although the phaser lance from the deimos is supposed to be very powerful.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I went with the Inquiry, since my main already flew an Arbiter. It's a surprisingly massive upgrade.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > I picked the Mirror Defiant, but I'm sitting on it for my future AOY character.
    >
    > (Yes, for those of you who think I hate ST:D, with the reward offering huge selection of rare ships I don't have, I picked a ship from ST:D)

Is there a Discovery Defiant? If you mean the Constitution Class Defiant, it is from TOS and Enterprise (ENT).

Still, I guess it is good if you overcame your hang-ups with DIS. 🖖
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    Is there a Discovery Defiant? If you mean the Constitution Class Defiant, it is from TOS and Enterprise (ENT).

There is, kinda-sorta. The Mirror Warship is apparently based on the wireframe of the Defiant seen in DSC season 1.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Just to double check, on the various Connies... the Temporal Light Cruiser is the TOS Connie, which will also allow the use of the motion picture/Refit skins, right? Meanwhile, the Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier is the DSC version, which can only use other DSC skins?

(and then there's the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser, which has the stupid looking nacelles, and only takes other Kelvin skins?)
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Just to double check, on the various Connies... the Temporal Light Cruiser is the TOS Connie, which will also allow the use of the motion picture/Refit skins, right? Meanwhile, the Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier is the DSC version, which can only use other DSC skins?

(and then there's the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser, which has the stupid looking nacelles, and only takes other Kelvin skins?)

The miracle worker Disco Connie and the JJPrise both only come with those appearances, though they can use all the new hull materials. They each have slightly different models available in the 10th Anniversary Bundle, and the Disco Connie has a third appearance available with the Terran version.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User

Might be because it WAS originally made of cardboard :wink:

Anyways… I’m holding on to the box for a bit as I can’t seem to make up my mind what I want to do with it…
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.