test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which ship do you expect to see more as players pick their prizes?

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
I've just done three pugs and then I logged on on a toon that was near Drozana.

I've seen three different Section 31 battlecruisers. Saw some of those yesterday too, whereas they seemed quite rare until a couple of days ago.

I would have thought to see more 26th century ships.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    The skies over ESD will soon be filled with hordes of the flying space trash that is the Universe Class.

It's inevitable.

I am still leaning toward something good, but not popular.. something that would be fun, but that I would have little chance of finding on the exchange. Leaning toward the Inquiry.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    The skies over ESD will soon be filled with hordes of the flying space trash that is the Universe Class.

It's inevitable.

I am still leaning toward something good, but not popular.. something that would be fun, but that I would have little chance of finding on the exchange. Leaning toward the Inquiry.

won't be one of them. Enterprise
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I've seen a sudden burst of S31 battlecruisers initially, but now starting to see more Vaadwaur Juggernauts.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm guessing the Vaadwaur Juggernauts or maybe the MW carriers willl be a large bit of it but maybe not the largest. if nothing else it should be interesting to what ship we see poeople using for the next fow monthes.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Section 31 battlecruisers is what I am thinking of getting. Question though does this ship try to go automatically into ship Slot, or does it make a ship box for later anyone know?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I have been seeing tons of the Vengeance class lately (I was in the event TFO a few days ago and THREE of the other ships were Vengeance class) and a slight upswing of the vo'DevwI and the other carriers from that set, along with a few more Universe class than usual. Also a few more DSC D7s but I am not sure that is from the early wave of the campaign finishers (I don't think it is available that way) or the regular whale package gaining traction.

I am not sure what I will do with the campaign prize yet, though I have been considering getting the Crossfield spearhead because I like the McQuarrie design and it is fairly close to it, and the setup has possibilities.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm sure there will be an uptick in the Vengeance Class as well, that makes sense. It's a very popular ship so many will probably pick the lobi, get a Vengeance and then bank the remainder. If you are set on C-Store ships and just want to grab a good ship with some lobi left over for outfitting, it's not a bad way to go. Personally, I would still just buy the Vengeance from the exchange but everyone is different.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    I've seen an up-tick in Vaadwaur Juggs personally. Vengeance uptick seems on par for virtually any large event that goes on, and I'd be playing mine if that char wasn't filled up on Dil anyway.

I'm expecting more Connies of the various types, but haven't seen too many yet, though those are smaller and harder to pick out just idling in space. The D7s I've seen lately have been mostly Kelvin, though a decent ship, I'd expect one of the Promo D7s instead to be chosen instead from the Event.
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Constitution variants seem likely. I'm going for a Vonph myself.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    Section 31 battlecruisers is what I am thinking of getting. Question though does this ship try to go automatically into ship Slot, or does it make a ship box for later anyone know?

It comes in an account bound box.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    It comes in an account bound box.

You could also have all your ship slots filled on the character you claim the event on if you're really worried about claiming it by accident.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    the flying space trash that is the Universe Class.

9v5vZ3Y.gif
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

Yea... I'm gunning for a Mirror Connie for my DSC character.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yea... I'm gunning for a Mirror Connie for my DSC character.

I've seen a fair few of those. Picked up the TOS version a couple years ago, myself. Love that little ship.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I chose the Universe class, and I love it. besides now that I can get the t6 connie from the 10th pack and the Kelvin Heavy Destroyer (the only 2 other ships i wanted) from Mudd's, this was really my only chance to get the Universe without having to spend $100+. I can get the other 2 at a later time.

but i'm really enjoying it.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Well, whatever shows up most, I know I won't be contributing to any of it...I'm taking the lobi and using it to buy equipment that'll do far more for several characters than even a Vaggernaut will do for just one - especially since all those promo ships will eventually end up in Mudd's market as ACCOUNT unlocks.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Is there a list of which ships will be available through the pack? I know they limited to promo ships before a certain date.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I'm planning on a TOS Connie, personally.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Section 31 Battlecruiser here for me
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

It's inevitable.

I already got one a few years back. :)

I'll probably see the ugly venegence show up a few more times in sector , here.

As for what I'd pick...I'm gonna wait to see what comes out before anything else.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I think I'd like one of the undiscovered proto dreadnoughts. I'd enjoy having any one of three but the Thrai is a fun piece of the design. I love how they managed to jumble the TOS Romulan aesthetic with the lines of the D'Deridex. It looks like the parts are a bit cobbled together but I think that's part of the charm.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Probably gonna get the D7 carrier most likely...or maybe a T'laru since it seems to be one of the most expensive lock box ships I want still
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Leaning toward the Atlas myself. Will decide in a few days.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I'll be getting the S31 Battlecruiser in a week or so, it seems to be a popular choice among a lot of my STO friends too. I've wanted it since the moment it was released, so it's an easy pick for me.

My husband is getting the Mirror Connie - he's never had a Connie before, so he's excited for that. I bought the 10th Anniversary Bundle, so I 'm pretty well covered for them.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I think I'd like one of the undiscovered proto dreadnoughts. I'd enjoy having any one of three but the Thrai is a fun piece of the design. I love how they managed to jumble the TOS Romulan aesthetic with the lines of the D'Deridex. It looks like the parts are a bit cobbled together but I think that's part of the charm.
    questerius wrote: »

These ships are prime candidates for a future Mudd bundle, so if that's something either of you would be willing to buy it might be best to wait a week or two and see what the next one is going to be, should be coming out in September based on the three month release schedule.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

These ships are prime candidates for a future Mudd bundle, so if that's something either of you would be willing to buy it might be best to wait a week or two and see what the next one is going to be, should be coming out in September based on the three month release schedule.

Thanks mark. The rumour mill has been rotating on this one and I hope they are right. It's definitely my top pick but my plan was to sit on the box until AoY drops and hope they run a themed introduction to their shop. If they market them through Mudd I'll pick them up as a group that will unlock across the account. If not, I still have the ship I wanted the most.

battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    #1 connie
This discussion has been closed.