test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Console Patch Notes 8/26/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Star Trek Online will have console maintenance tomorrow, 8/26, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11495743

Comments

• millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Adjusted camera zoom distance while in Sector Space to be closer to the ship.

It's the little things that count. Thank you for this.
  • sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Star Trek Online will have console maintenance tomorrow, 8/26, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

Too bad they broke this, as well, while trying to "fix" it.

I've played this game for years and the camera zoom features for Ground, Local Space (and TFO's), and Sector Space have always worked independently of each other. Now it seems like with the last "fix" they accidentally combined the camera zoom for both Local and Sector Space. Just because I want to be zoomed closer to the ship in Local Space or in combat, doesn't mean I want to be zoomed even way closer when I go back to Sector Space. Right now, I'm zoomed up where I want to be in Local Space and TFO's but now when I'm in Sector Space it's zoomed up so much it almost blocks out everything else because now it's even zoomed in way closer to the ship than when I'm in Local Space. When I zoom it back out in Sector Space so I can see the surrounding and go back to Local Space or TFO's it's zoomed all the way out again.

So, instead of playing the game, I have to change my freaking zoom setting every time I switch from Sector Space map to Local Space map to TFO. I can't believe this is how it's "supposed to work." Please either fix this or make Local and Sector Space separate zooms. This is freaking ridiculous. Why are the Local and Sector space zooms even linked? This makes no sense. There is absolutely no reason for the ship zoom view in Local Space and TFO's to be affected by the zoom view of the ship while it's in Sector Space.

Post edited by sadrielfett on
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2021

Too bad they broke this, as well, while trying to "fix" it.

I've played this game for years and the camera zoom features for Ground, Local Space (and TFO's), and Sector Space have always worked independently of each other. Now it seems like with the last "fix" they accidentally combined the camera zoom for both Local and Sector Space. Just because I want to be zoomed closer to the ship in Local Space or in combat, doesn't mean I want to be zoomed even way closer when I go back to Sector Space. Right now, I'm zoomed up where I want to be in Local Space and TFO's but now when I'm in Sector Space it's zoomed up so much it almost blocks out everything else because now it's even zoomed in way closer to the ship than when I'm in Local Space. When I zoom it back out in Sector Space so I can see the surrounding and go back to Local Space or TFO's it's zoomed all the way out again.

So, instead of playing the game, I have to change my freaking zoom setting every time I switch from Sector Space map to Local Space map to TFO. I can't believe this is how it's "supposed to work." Please either fix this or make Local and Sector Space separate zooms. This is freaking ridiculous. Why are the Local and Sector space zooms even linked? This makes no sense. There is absolutely no reason for the ship zoom view in Local Space and TFO's to be affected by the zoom view of the ship while it's in Sector Space.

That's not how it was for me, ever. Ever since I started playing in the summer of 2020, the Ground and Space zoom settings were interlinked. If I was zoomed in all the way in space, it would be that way on the ground. If I was in the close, medium, or far setting, it would be the same zoom setting when I switched to ground/space. The only difference now is that Sector Space zooms are comparable/similar to ground and "impulse space" zooms, so I can leave the setting at medium (which is what I do for ground/impulse), and I won't have to zoom into "close" to see my ship in Sector Space.
  • sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2021

That's not how it was for me, ever. Ever since I started playing in the summer of 2020, the Ground and Space zoom settings were interlinked. If I was zoomed in all the way in space, it would be that way on the ground. If I was in the close, medium, or far setting, it would be the same zoom setting when I switched to ground/space. The only difference now is that Sector Space zooms are comparable/similar to ground and "impulse space" zooms, so I can leave the setting at medium (which is what I do for ground/impulse), and I won't have to zoom into "close" to see my ship in Sector Space.

It's always been different for all three for me, both on PC and Console. That's literally the first thing I do when I make a new toon is switch the camera view to the middle setting, so it's not "over the shoulder." When I'm able to get into System Space I go in full zoom-in and when I go into Sector Space I go into full zoom-out. Everyone has their little "to do" things they always set up as soon as they can when making a new toon. That's one of the biggies for me, so it was immediately noticeable for me. The Ground and Space camera settings are still separate in-game, but now the Local System Space (including TFO space) and Sector Space camera zoom seem to be linked. It's unbelievably annoying having to adjust the camera zoom every time I go between them. This can't be intentional. I noticed when I was in DS9 System Space, then transferred to Sector Space the camera zooms were doing like they were supposed to and acting separately. But, as soon as I went to another System Space, like Earth Spacedock (Sol System) or Nimbus III, then back out into Sector Space, it'd go back to both of them being linked again. Not sure why it acts differently in DS9 System Space vs Sector Space in that area. They need to put in a quick fix for it, for certain.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."