test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What I like to see added to STO

2»

Comments

• kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Urgh...Starbase 24 was SO much better than Defense of Starbase One. You could level like crazy, it was fun with the different class of ships attacking. DOSO is dull as dishwater. All of the revamps see to be and I'd give anything for the old games to be back. I'm sorry, but it's like a whole new batch of college graduates coming in and "improving" the recipes of great products...vanity and no understanding of what people want to eat or how much they liked the original.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    @somtaawkhar

I don't remember it being that bad but I don't think it would be very satisfying in the current meta. The density of Klingon ships was so high one of those all science, all day builds would just vaporize everything before you drew a breath.

EDIT: That many objects was tanking things too. I thought that's why they moved to the wave style engagements in Delta.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    lets just say no to PvP. in every game i have ever played there is yet to be one where PvP was not an imbalanced steaming pile of cowsqueeze, and that's fine as long as PvP is completely, 100% optional with zero impact on PvE, which means no PvP weapons consoles traits, zip nada in the PvE world.
    Spock.jpg

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    There's a number of different communities that used to add both players and diversity to the game.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    lets just say no to PvP. in every game i have ever played there is yet to be one where PvP was not an imbalanced steaming pile of cowsqueeze, and that's fine as long as PvP is completely, 100% optional with zero impact on PvE, which means no PvP weapons consoles traits, zip nada in the PvE world.

I think FF14 might be the most balanced. They actually have a separate PvP stat/ability set from PvE that is only accessable in a PvP zone. You enter The Wolf's Den, your power trays reconfigure to PvP mode, and you can rearrange your PvP abilities before queuing up for a PvP match. Far as I am aware gear doesn't factor in as much as it would in other games. But then again it was set up like that from the get go. The only thing that really dominated PvP in FF14 was the Maelstrom grand company players until they decided that everyone just gets assigned to a random team no mater which Grand Company they chose to join because Maelstrom was dominating.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ksathra2ksathra2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    There is one thing I've been wanting to see for a long time. Would like more gold ships for my ready room.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    What I would like to see most is the ability to play missions with tons of gear, traits and bonuses without turning my ship into a weird, messy combination of big markings, effects and so on.

That, and I'd like to be able to have one weapon colour without having to miss out on sets.

Uh... wut? We have the ability to turn off set visuals. Just right click a piece and if it has a "disable visuals" option, hit that.

As for weapon colors... A lot of people would like that. Unfortunately last I heard CBS had veto'd changing weapon colors. It was a CBS Decree from day one of STO. They did not want players to be able to change the color of weapons. Its probably why we have weapon variants.

And while they have changed their stance on an Endgame Connie... far as I am aware CBS has not changed their stance on weapon color customization.

Wasn't referring to set visuals, but to all the other visual spam.

As for weapon customisation: I know. It's just something that I want, even if it's probably not going to happen.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    Urgh...Starbase 24 was SO much better than Defense of Starbase One.
    Starbase 24 was literally embarrassing to look at, let alone play.

"Heres a Federation starbase with a bunch of Klingon ships floating around it, facing every which way, to where it looks like an infant came in and scattered a bunch of Legos around."

What's the objective of the TFO? Uhh... just blow up 70 ships and you win! Also the ships pretty much just sit there and do nothing most of the TFO, so you're just blowing up like 70 Klingon ships effortlessly. This not even getting into the map, which was very low quality, same with the Starbase model itself. And the fact there was so much debris around the Starbase that you could have built another 3-4 Starbases with it, which made no sense.

Defense of Starbase One is so much better. The Klingons actually attack in a somewhat believable manner, with increasingly stronger waves. There are actually other objectives(protecting the transport ships) beyond just mindlessly sitting there holding down space bar to victory. And the map looks tons better.

Starbase 24 looked and played like something a literal kid would make with Unity. Defense of Starbase One actually has the semblance of a professional product.

Except that in SB 24, there was some actual challenge. Now it's just a handful of ships attacking instead of an entire armada.

Besides, the objectives are just as simple. The only difference is that SB1 has some ships that need defending - with captains talking about their shields taking hit and stuff when they don't even have those. The map is smaller too, there are no wreckages...

SB1 isn't any more sophisicated compared to SB24.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User

The nice thing about the segregated gameplay we have in STO is that you don't have to participate in things you don't find enjoyable so no need to wish away things that are zero impact anyways.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    chippendale dancers.. yep we need chippendale dancers in STO
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    chippendale dancers.. yep we need chippendale dancers in STO

Well, in "The Undying" that guy is loving the Gogo Dancer...and couldn't be sat closer to him if he tried.
This discussion has been closed.