test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

REMOVE INFINITY PRIZE PACK - T5 SHIP RESTRICTIONS

hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
At the moment you need to be Rear Admiral, Lower Half rank to fly any ship from the Infinity Prize Pack - T5 Ship, I think this restriction should be removed so they can be flown after the tutorial like all other ships can be.
These ships are cheap on the Exchange and the easiest to get from Lockboxes, the ideal time to use these ships is at lower ranks, by the time you get to Admiral allot of people are thinking T6 ships. Anyway just an idea 🙂

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Infinity_Prize_Pack_-_T5_Ship

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    T1 to T5 ships are flyable only at specific levels:
    • T1 = level 1
    • T2 = level 10
    • T3 = level 20
    • T4 = level 30
    • T5 = level 40, hence the restriction on Infinity Pack ships.

T6 ships are currently the only ships that are scalable.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    • T1 = level 1
    • T2 = level 10
    • T3 = level 20
    • T4 = level 30

Yep, I’m just making a suggestion that Lockbox ships, regardless of the Tier shouldn’t have that restriction, just an idea 🙂
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    • T1 = level 1
    • T2 = level 10
    • T3 = level 20
    • T4 = level 30

Yep, I’m just making a suggestion that Lockbox ships, regardless of the Tier shouldn’t have that restriction, just an idea 🙂

It would be nice if they got rid of that restriction and had some (preferably automated) scaling system for all T5s that do not have a T6 counterpart yet, but I doubt that would happen, especially since they seem to only have something like one or two coders left from the chatter in the livestream before this last one.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Scalable, in my opinion, only helps if you are really set to use that ship on your new character permanently and you keep the tray arrangement along the way. I see no other use for this.
  • novemberyankeenovemberyankee Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I still fly some T5's to great amusement, but I think it's a HUGE let-down when you see it pop up in the win but then see the 5. Maybe even a shade different on the icon? Something so I don't go to sleep weeping in sorrow at how useless they are on the market. I'm sitting on a heap of Lobi and T5 INF like, meh. I could use them on new toons I guess, but I really only play my main toon for the most part. The rest have become banksluts more than anything.
  • damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Here's a better idea: Get rid of the T5 drop chances from the boxes and roll them into the t6 drop chance. Nobody is opening up these boxes for garbage T5 ships when t6 versions exist for practically all of them. Getting one of them as a drop is insulting, at this point.