test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New hair styles. Please

mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited June 2021 in Federation Discussion
This is a topic I really care about and it's do-able. But first, thank you Dev for the new hair styles currently being released. I think new hairstyles are the unifying topic of all STO players. And a topic that keeps coming up because we all like making unique characters.

1. We need new hair styles for Cardassians for the females. And I guess for the males too, but I can't see people rushing for the males.

2. I love the energetic, shine, and detail to the new human hairstyles for the females. My main character is male and I can't get into new hairstyles for him. But I spend hours with female bridge officers, and female secondary characters I've created. The new short hairstyles are amazing, but with one modification, you can make 2 versions. The short hair with buns, and the short hair styles but with pony tails. You already have styles with pony tails, I'm just saying, they'd also look good with pony tails.

3. I like the new female Klingon hairstyles. But considering players' interest in making unique characters, we need more female hairstyles. I personally have a female Klingon captain that I enjoy playing. In fact, the back story I gave her was that she's half human and half Klingon, that was freed from the Borg, and though she can't go to the Federation because of her faction, like Worf, she has strong allegiances to the Federation. In fact, she has blond hair. Very unique in a species of black hair. Considering how much hair Klingon females are known to have. Can you do a two bun, yet long haired styles for Klingon females?

4. I also have a Romulan female character. She is all Romulan, but I picked Federation faction for her. So she has Fed and Rom uniforms. It may be harder to create new Romulan female hairstyles, but maybe Dev can surprise us.

5. More long hair please.

I've added a picture of a hairstyle I quickly modded from existing hairstyles a while ago. I hope the Dev are not offended, and I do understand of the dynamics of long hair on STO. Just something to inspire Dev.

I hope this works.

HMN-LG-Hair-Ponytail4.jpg

Human-Long-Hair-2b.jpg

Human-Short-Hair-1b.jpg

Post edited by mrlostsoul#1950 on

Comments

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Nice job lowering the pony tail into a much more natural position. It would be awesome for the lady dev who has been fixing hair styles to adopt this suggestion! And I hope that eventually all of the available hairstyles in game get a redo, plus more options added (including race specific ones).
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    back to the necroworld with ye zombieness (white lantern ring blast)
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.