test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 8/17/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited August 2021 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/17 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Sounds like good changes, especially for those of you that already bought the Romulan Warbird Bundle. Game on.
  • wolfsoul85wolfsoul85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can you extend the Pahvo event by a couple of hours, since we lost time due to maintenance?
    I was looking forward to finish the event campaign today, but now it will be too late once the servers are back up =(
  • duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    could i please ask if or when the good old bevat arc will return to the game?

and could it be possible to release the drozona station and defari/breen arc missions be avalible after the galaxy at large quest? it seems ( to me atliest) a bit weird that these missions get mentiont but are avalible at level 65.
  • duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    wolfsoul85 wrote: »
    Can you extend the Pahvo event by a couple of hours, since we lost time due to maintenance?
    I was looking forward to finish the event campaign today, but now it will be too late once the servers are back up =(

i hate to dissapoint you but i think that thats not gonna happen. such pathes are usealy also end an event
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Um after checking the Red Alert event the Experimental Ship Upgrade token is missing from the prizes?

Prize list:
    An Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    A Specialization Point
    An Experimental Ship Upgrade Token

as posted in your news post?

If this is the case and the experimental ship upgrade token was removed let me know i could use a break from events for a few days.
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    There are two types of Red Alert events, ones that last two weeks and those that last one week. The two week gives the upgrade token.

However, as is normal, he copy and pasted the text but picked the wrong one (the two week one) instead of the one week one.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Why are such errors in blogs so much the norm now? If it is stated in the blog, they need to offer it to us... plain and simple... Maybe if they keep losing money on the errors, they might wind up doing something about it...

ALSO, this update has been one of the slowest I have ever had... I'm barely at 60% after 45 minutes... It has never taken this long to run a STO update... Interesting...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    Hopefully someone clarifies soon cause if thats the case i will discontinue the event like tomorrow :).
  • hdcamperhdcamper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    ditto on the missing reward crud:

After you receive five daily progress, you’ll be rewarded with a package containing the following, once per account:

An Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    A Specialization Point
    An Experimental Ship Upgrade Token

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Hopefully someone clarifies soon cause if thats the case i will discontinue the event like tomorrow :).

Why bother discontinuing the event? It is literally like five minutes a day.

And for some people, myself included, the RAs are rather busy times anyway filling in minor peaks and valleys in rep mark stocks, quickly testing builds against foes not found in patrols, and other utilitarian things.
    The Red Alerts dont put out enough marks to even want to run them for rep progress.
    I would sooner spend my time doing randoms rather than waste it on RAs.
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Yeah... I still have not found an easily accessible place for Tholian space kill endeavours. Except for the Azure Nebula TFO that everyone seems to hate on, and the Tholian RA.

Try the Archer Patrol in the beta quadrant, it is space and I think it has Tholians and a few things floating about like gas clouds you can scan.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Definitely Archer system - and try to wait for a web spawn, because every one of those nodes counts for a Tholian kill too.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • midnightsabremidnightsabre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am loading arcgames interface it keeps crashing on me. Anyone having these problem
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    The Red Alerts dont put out enough marks to even want to run them for rep progress.
    I would sooner spend my time doing randoms rather than waste it on RAs.

Still, it does give marks out in addition to having foes (like Tholians) that few TFOs have, and it is guaranteed to have those foes unlike a random where you never know what you will end up with. I don't run them solely for rep progress (though I do use them to close the annoying gaps where they are just short of the amount needed to kick off a daily rep cycle), I use them more for a variety of test and utilitarian purposes. And they are not that bad in a marks-by-time standpoint because they are so short that the small award is actually reasonable.
  • nachtwanderernachtwanderer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I can't believe you're pulling this.
    Oh, wait, yes I can..
    You always have to try to push us to spend our finite resources to keep us on a leash.
    Now we HAVE to spend dilithium to buy reroll tokens?
    Guess I'll just have to miss most of the terrible endeavors and slough through the admiralty missions, hoping I can't get the good Special mission that will get us the rewards such as extra Dil, and fleet dil.
    If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't have overflowing vats of dil, am using it to upgrade my characters and fleet. Now you're forcing me to waste it on this.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I can't believe you're pulling this.
    Oh, wait, yes I can..
    You always have to try to push us to spend our finite resources to keep us on a leash.
    Now we HAVE to spend dilithium to buy reroll tokens?
    Guess I'll just have to miss most of the terrible endeavors and slough through the admiralty missions, hoping I can't get the good Special mission that will get us the rewards such as extra Dil, and fleet dil.
    If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't have overflowing vats of dil, am using it to upgrade my characters and fleet. Now you're forcing me to waste it on this.

You are commenting on last weeks patch notes. Your post is more relevant in this thread ..... https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1263162/tomorrow-endevour-admiralty-pass-tokens-will-only-be-available-for-dilithium
This discussion has been closed.