test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much bit we can eat?

volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
Some times I become tired and begun thinking: why I do this? why I played this game? Ok, after few test I knew: mines not all weapon, hello cryptic. cos they don't get damage buff from morphogenic 3pc set damage buff (no matter that you get stack from Mine Pattern Alpha).

Ok, i think, nevermind, still got crit and crit damage from other abilities. So. Today I bought ship. Hello cryptic! I save few tokens for some choices. I bought Lethean Xechas for Promise of Ferocity. And, pam-pam-pam.... ges what? No buff from this. And now I so much happy that disappointed of this game.

There is second ship in a row that was disappointing me. First was Hathos Warbird. Until I bought it I don't know that trait have cdr lockout. There is no any information about lockout this trait, and you can only find this only when bought it. And ofcos no support help with this. "Plz post this on our forum, and hope for the best". So now I posted few ship issues in a row.

So one more question: what do you think how much ships I will buy in future?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I understand that Cryptic's incomplete and sometimes incorrect descriptions can be frustrating.

That said, if you are going to buy a ship just for a trait, you might want to ask here before you buy it to make sure the trait works the way you want it to.

Other ways to find out:

- The wiki - https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/
    - Public Test Server - https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Tribble_(server)

That does often mean waiting a day or two so that someone else can buy or test the ship first.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Ask what? Missing descriptions for trait? The most meta trait didn't work for some weapons? How I should to know what asking?

About wiki. I personally add description for trait after bought and disappoint of it. That's how this work. Tribble? You can't bought there ships. Zen-store disabling.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    > Ask what? Missing descriptions for trait?

"Does X work for Puffin Mines?" (If you use Puffin Mines and want to make sure X works with them.)

Note: Cryptic has not yet released the Tuxedo Bird Gear Set so you can't use Puffin Mines until they do.
  • Options
    volticua wrote: »
    Ask what? Missing descriptions for trait? The most meta trait didn't work for some weapons? How I should to know what asking?

About wiki. I personally add description for trait after bought and disappoint of it. That's how this work. Tribble? You can't bought there ships. Zen-store disabling.

many many people on these forums have probably tested many of the things you are looking into. so a good source for data is right here.

Yep. But I think it's not hard to add few lines to descriptions on wiki after nerf or rework this trait (I did, few min). But still no one didn't do this. So I didn't see situation how I can ask stupid questions here.

I can ask: which traits didn't work with mines but according to descriptions should? And how much answers I get?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I've seen people go to the tribble test server just to test something to answer a question someone asked, when they didn't already know the answer. And just yesterday two people took the time to check that some special gear could be upgraded and re-engineered.

There a lot of helpful people here who know a lot more about the game mechanics than I do :)
This discussion has been closed.