Install Arc

Tomorrow: Endevour/Admiralty pass tokens will ONLY be available for dilithium

Comments

• syber#7870 syber Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Doom Post redacted - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Where did you say that? I have read all four of your past posts.

I am mostly teasing. I don’t think they would be investing in new voice work (which is really probably the only real game expense considering the size of the current staff) if they planned on going into “maintenance mode“ in the next twelve months.

That being said, it feels like maintenance mode a lot of days around here. But I’d give STO at least the same odds Kael gave it in 2020–probably at least another 4 or 5 years.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I think this is still a good idea, encouraging more to try and complete the Endeavor's your given.
    0zxlclk.png
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Kind of ironically for me this has just caused the opposite effect that was intended by the devs. Due to this change I just opened 1000'+ box's which has caused a massive spike in my EC and Dilithium income the opposite to what was intended. Without this change those 1000+ of box's would have sat in my alt toons storage with only a bare minimum being opened to maintain the needed reroll tokens.

Thank you devs for forcing my hand and making a dill sink that has the opposite effect and has massively increased my Dilithium.
  • pcubed#3456 pcubed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Taking away something we had for free so you could create another Dilithium sink is not what the players wanted. This only hurts new players with little Dilithium. Characters that have a Dilithium surplus generally have finished endeavors and admiralty projects.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Without this change those 1000+ of box's would have sat in my alt toons storage
    303b2b813dd98c1a7b92af6560815ad6a2d73224r1-275-205_00.gif
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Or increased the refine cap to 10k for everyone per day, and 12k for LTS?
    This wouldn't help the dilex, infact it would have the exact opposite effect as it would further increase the over-supply and therefore reduce the value of dilithium even more. Increasing the refine cap isn't something ANY F2Per should actually want, though since I personally buy my dil from the dilex I really wouldn't mind since it would help keep the exchange rate at cap ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I capped on tokens
    Oh I didn't realize there was a cap, what is it?
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    edited August 2021
    Hey folks - we hear you on taking the free re-roll and pass tokens away. Discussions are happening internally, you'll hear something from me as soon as we know more.
    edited August 2021
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Without this change those 1000+ of box's would have sat in my alt toons storage
    Apart from the reroll tokens I never really had a reason to open them. So I would open just enough to keep 1 or 2 reroll tokens at a time and dump the rest in storage. Now I have a mass of unused mark box's in storage.
  • xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    So, if I am not one of those people who stockpile dilithium I will be forced to buy it since they remove the tokens from the awards? This is ludicrous to say the least and a lame idea that impact a group of players who may not like to spend the hard earned dilithium.
    Allowing people to actually buy something usefull with dilthium would be far better. The vanity shields were a good idea, expensive, but good.

I am sure that people here would be able to get a list of things to buy with dilithium without breaking the game or the economy but as someone said here, it would imply a real willingness to improve the game, which it seems there is none.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    It's another set of changes making the experience of playing this old game even more miserable.
    strathkin wrote: »
    I think this is still a good idea, encouraging more to try and complete the Endeavor's your given.

It's terrible. Bad Endeavor missions? When this goes Live you just ignore them. Of course, if Cryptic sees players doing that, I can see them making the system even more hostile to them.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • sanunessanunes Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I am all for this being an option for players, but for players that don't have a lot of dilithium it does more harm then good. If you wanted to add something new to the systems that cost dilithium that would be understandable, but to take away something that has been without a cost aside from performing the activity and then add a cost like that I think is short sighted. When I run out of tokens I am not going to reroll anymore I am just going to avoid doing that activity. Even as a person that has a bunch of dilithium stockpiled I am going to save my stockpile for something else then a crummy reroll of a system that has nothing to offer me for that reroll.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    4:41PM
    I have to admit: I find the response to this change very interesting. From prior experience (been here since beta) this is the type of response that typically results in some type of adjustment to the original plans. I would not be surprised at all of there they slightly reduce the cost of these tokens as a sort of compromise.

5:41PM

Hey folks - we hear you on taking the free re-roll and pass tokens away. Discussions are happening internally, you'll hear something from me as soon as we know more.

I'm telling you guys, when you've been around here long enough you kind of get a "feel" for things :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Wait, endeavor tokens no longer drop as occasional part of endeavor rewards themselves? That's not nice.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    The fact that you don't get to get free ones is a wrong idea. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AND STEADFASTLY disagree with this decision as it is a stupid decision.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'd also like to ask that people try and help keep some of these brushfires cropping up around the forums down please. And please remember that there's a line between criticizm and flaming. So if at all possible lets try and keep the flamethrowers down and give constructive feedback, as that will not only be better received, it means less pressure on us mods to sort out hostile posts. So... please... here and in other threads... try and keep it civil?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    The fact that you don't get to get free ones is a wrong idea. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AND STEADFASTLY disagree with this decision as it is a stupid decision.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AND STEADFASTLY agree with you. Introducing new (voluntarily) dilithium sinks is great; having us pay for tokens that were heretofore for free, not so much.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Hey folks - we hear you on taking the free re-roll and pass tokens away. Discussions are happening internally, you'll hear something from me as soon as we know more.

Did you catch we would like less TRIBBLE-ups in our event blogs and launcher graphics too? Because I, for one, would really appreciate if you guys could get it together on that front as well.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd also like to ask that people try and help keep some of these brushfires cropping up around the forums down please.

We dont work here, thats not our job.
    Rattler doesn't work here either, they are a volunteer.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > Kind of ironically for me this has just caused the opposite effect that was intended by the devs. Due to this change I just opened 1000'+ box's which has caused a massive spike in my EC and Dilithium income the opposite to what was intended. Without this change those 1000+ of box's would have sat in my alt toons storage with only a bare minimum being opened to maintain the needed reroll tokens.
    >
    > Thank you devs for forcing my hand and making a dill sink that has the opposite effect and has massively increased my Dilithium.

How is that ironic? It wouldn't have mattered if they sat in your bank in perpetuity, or you opened them all at once. Had you opened them as you earned them you would have had everything you do from the boxes but sooner. If not, you could have kept going on about the thousands of boxes you had. I guess there was that.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Hey folks - we hear you on taking the free re-roll and pass tokens away. Discussions are happening internally, you'll hear something from me as soon as we know more.

Did you catch we would like less TRIBBLE-ups in our event blogs and launcher graphics too? Because I, for one, would really appreciate if you guys could get it together on that front as well.

+1 It'd be nice to know that the information we're discussing is accurate in the first place.
    edited August 2021
    > @pottsey5g said:
    > Kind of ironically for me this has just caused the opposite effect that was intended by the devs. Due to this change I just opened 1000'+ box's which has caused a massive spike in my EC and Dilithium income the opposite to what was intended. Without this change those 1000+ of box's would have sat in my alt toons storage with only a bare minimum being opened to maintain the needed reroll tokens.
    >
    > Thank you devs for forcing my hand and making a dill sink that has the opposite effect and has massively increased my Dilithium.

How is that ironic? It wouldn't have mattered if they sat in your bank in perpetuity, or you opened them all at once. Had you opened them as you earned them you would have had everything you do from the boxes but sooner. If not, you could have kept going on about the thousands of boxes you had. I guess there was that.
    Its ironic as the change was meant to be a Dilithium sink. Instead, it massively increased my Dilithium supply doing the opposite to what was intended. Without this change the boxes would have most likely stayed forever unopened and the extra Dilithium would never have been created and added to my active amount of Dilithium.

I find it mildly amusing the devs have made a dill sink that has increased my active dill amounts instead of acting as a sink. Its not the first time they have done this and I can see other players are in the same situation as me. It would be interesting to see the metrics and what what type of extra Dilithium spike if any this has created.
This discussion has been closed.