test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Capped on both areas of Dilithium, What to do

starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
Capped on both areas of Dilithium, What to do? I am kind of stuck. Something needs to be fixed soon please.
[img][/img]rJgoNfW.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I bought a bunch of ships already LOL waiting on maybe T7 ships. but 500 dil for 1 zen is nuts.
    needs to be fixed, and my other toons are getting too.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    starmanj wrote: »
    Capped on both areas of Dilithium, What to do? I am kind of stuck. Something needs to be fixed soon please.
    Transfer it to your other characters so you have plenty of spare on that account. There is no reason to leave it at the cap and waste any further dill you earn.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I bought a bunch of ships already LOL waiting on maybe T7 ships. but 500 dil for 1 zen is nuts.
    needs to be fixed, and my other toons are getting too.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't think this game will EVER have Tier 7 ships. As it stands, we still have quite a few ships that they could bump up to Tier 6. Jem'hadar also lack certain types of ships that have a unique skin to them. (It's important because there are some people like me who like having ships that match their factions). One ship in particular is a dedicated Jem'hadar ship with a secondary deflector slot AND science seating, for example.

I know there would be lots of people who would NOT be happy if Tier 7 ships became a thing, mostly because that would mean having to buy EVERY ship again at Tier 7.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    This is only a problem for 0.00000001% of players so I don't think Cryptic is going to assign it a very high priority. Sorry.
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    And this illustrates why dilithium supply is a big part of the problem, not just the demand for zen.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There's always this :)

https://youtu.be/tESH1Yxxdj0
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    And this illustrates why dilithium supply is a big part of the problem, not just the demand for zen.

Basic economics explains why the the Dilithium Supply is part of the problem. Value of a resource is bound tightly to scarcity, it's been that way since Currency was invented. Gold is worth more then Silver because Gold is more rare.

The people that don't see that aren't going to because of this, and Cryptic won't see it either.

Just keep piling on the events with the bonus dilithum while cranking out the store sales.. everything's fine. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Transfer it to your other characters so you have plenty of spare on that account. There is no reason to leave it at the cap and waste any further dill you earn.

How do you transfer to other Characters? Can you transfer to another account too?
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @starmanj said:
    > How do you transfer to other Characters? Can you transfer to another account too?

https://youtu.be/-fkvJa5VrJg
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    > @starmanj said:
    > How do you transfer to other Characters? Can you transfer to another account too?

> @starmanj said:

Nice lol but soon a toons will be at 10 cap might have to make more characters at this rate. thank for the help :smile:
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Sit on your hoard. Until someone thinks it's as valuable as you do, you can enjoy it for a long time to come. If it troubles you to part with it at 350/z reflect on the 500/z cap put in place by the devs being the only thing keeping it at that constant value. I used to keep plates of gagh and heart of targ I collected in my inventory. Maybe I was waiting on a Klingon feast that never came.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Basic economics explains why the the Dilithium Supply is part of the problem. Value of a resource is bound tightly to scarcity, it's been that way since Currency was invented. Gold is worth more then Silver because Gold is more rare.

The people that don't see that aren't going to because of this, and Cryptic won't see it either.

Just keep piling on the events with the bonus dilithum while cranking out the store sales.. everything's fine. :lol:

Yes, if demand is completely ignored. There is very little demand for dilithium itself. The only value it has for most people is in selling it for zen.

Its interesting you use gold and silver as an example because gold and silver have no real sinks. There is an ever increasing supply of gold and silver in the market. They don't get (effectively) destroyed except in the smallest of quantities, but because demand is so high they stay valuable. This in contrast to the demand for dilithium.

But supply of these metals is not what sets their price. It is most certainly a factor, but the value of these and other precious metals swings wildly for various reasons, and most of them can be boiled down to demand.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Yes, if demand is completely ignored. There is very little demand for dilithium itself. The only value it has for most people is in selling it for zen.

That is incorrect, Dilithium has no value to maxed out players who are not the majority. To others it's the life blood of everything they need to do. Dilithium has plenty of demand, just only for certain players and those players with even the slightest effort can earn more then they can even refine. When they are making Dilithium hand over fist for the entire leveling process they have far less demand for it later.

Again, no one is calling for Dilitihum Nerfs, but slowing down events that dump all this bonus Dilithium would help. Again though, it's moot since Cryptic won't do it because they only pretend to care. The only things they care about are the non stop events and Zen store sales. In the end, nothing we think or suggest matters because the source that's causing the problem refuses to compromise.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited August 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »

In this case...no. He is hoarding for the sake of it and doing a humble brag. He even REFUSES to buy zen with all that refined dil and has been refusing for YEARS because anything more that 250 dil for 1 zen is too much. So this is all him and we need to just ignore his humble brag and move on to ACTUAL problems of this game.
    coldnapalm wrote: »

In this case...no. He is hoarding for the sake of it and doing a humble brag. He even REFUSES to buy zen with all that refined dil and has been refusing for YEARS because anything more that 250 dil for 1 zen is too much. So this is all him and we need to just ignore his humble brag and move on to ACTUAL problems of this game.

Yes I have been waiting for dil to go back to 250, really it should be less than 150, main reason new players can play and use the dil. also, LOL I am now at a point of forced getting 17 Zen a day for 500 dill, or transfer 8,500 to another Character. I guess I can live with that for now. I also have been buying Zen with real money because the Dil exchange is to high. Like I said many times do not let this get to 500 Cap. Take note I was playing this game when is was not free to play also through closed Beta I am sure there are some players left with same issue.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    You can make an offer on the exchange...I've been putting the ridiculous 500 per Zen thing and leave it floating in the ether. It's quite good, because you can log into another character, cancel it and then have moved the dilithium.

I'm not sure what from the dilithium store is unbound and I suppose you could use it for Fleet Credits, but if you don't need those...when dilithium is the reward on EVERYTHING though and you have nothing to spend it on, URGH.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Actually, I was just thinking how ironic this all is...in Disco, dilithium has become the GREATEST commodity in the Quadrant but now in STO, it's worthless.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For people who have taken a break and are coming back to the game now it must seem like the episode from the classic Twilight Zone series, 'The Rip Van Winkle Caper'. In it, a group pulls off a gold heist and go into suspended animation to avoid the law. When they awaken they find gold is worthless. :(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

That is incorrect, Dilithium has no value to maxed out players who are not the majority. To others it's the life blood of everything they need to do. Dilithium has plenty of demand, just only for certain players and those players with even the slightest effort can earn more then they can even refine. When they are making Dilithium hand over fist for the entire leveling process they have far less demand for it later.

Again, no one is calling for Dilitihum Nerfs, but slowing down events that dump all this bonus Dilithium would help. Again though, it's moot since Cryptic won't do it because they only pretend to care. The only things they care about are the non stop events and Zen store sales. In the end, nothing we think or suggest matters because the source that's causing the problem refuses to compromise.

I'm not trying to say supply isn't an issue, but its a relative thing. This level of supply could remain completely unchanged and the dilex could fall down to 250 if the demand for dilithium went way up because people now want to buy things from the dil store.

Look at this from another perspective. A factory produces cans of spacebeans at 100/month. If the demand is 100/month, the price is stable. If a new factory opens up to compete with the first, both running at 100/month, what happens? If demand doesn't change, now we have 200/month produced and 100/month consumed. So every month you have 100 more cans of space beans sitting in warehouses. Clearly a supply/demand mismatch. But now if there is a space potato famine in space Ireland, and suddenly the demand for spacebeans is 400/month you've got a 200/month shortage and prices will skyrocket once the warehouses empty. Of course in STO terms the demand is better represented as a flat number so after so many months you've filled demand for someone and their factory can dump it onto the market with no further need for their own spacebeans.

All Cryptic has to do here is increase the demand. Really events don't help new players fund their stuff unless they want to gold everything out. My KDF recruit is still sitting on 500k unrefined, doesn't do events since I can use other characters without a backlog, has a ton of random STF boxes sitting around unopened, and is fully upgraded to mk 15 stuff with all the rep gear I want. A new character (especially a recruit) is completely self sufficient in terms of dil requirements as long as you're not trying to gold everything out.

So again while its not wrong to point out the supply issue, the fact is the supply is half the equation and increasing demand is required for anything to ever change, because reducing supply in a nondraconian way is only going to give us status quo at best. Dilithium demand is generally finite right now, and Cryptic has utterly neglected putting anything of interest in the dilithium store for a very long time to balance out increased supply.
This discussion has been closed.