test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign Event 3 continues with Sompek— the blog says you get the Kobayashi Maru or a kit

qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
Copy pasta from the blog:

“The No Win Scenarios Event will become available for players on PC starting on August 24th, 2021 and continuing until September 14th, 2021.”

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11494733-do-you-believe-in-a-no-win-scenario?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Yeah, it's another TRIBBLED-up copy-paste. We got Kobayashi Maru last time, and if you look it says it's the "third" event of the current event campaign. If it were part of the event campaign, it would be the fourth of this run.

For heaven's sake, Kael, would it kill you to check what you're posting???
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    For heaven's sake, Kael, would it kill you to check what you're posting???

At this point, I can only assume that it would. No other explanation makes sense.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Speed 3: Blog Control

If the blog drops below 55 typos per post, IT EXPLODES!

;)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Alright guys... we get it. There's mistakes in the Blog. Can we let it go now and discuss the event and the reward and not the fact there was an error in the blog?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Alright guys... we get it. There's mistakes in the Blog. Can we let it go now and discuss the event and the reward and not the fact there was an error in the blog?

With respect, perhaps we should just ask that comments about the Blog's accuracy just be kept civil?

I ask because it's a frequent problem and honestly should be the #1 issue on Crytpic's plate to fix. It's an easy fix that would take only a few minutes of work total in a month and really help the player base to understand what's happening.

As long as we're civil, we should be allowed to express our frustration at this frankly unacceptable level of quality control. This is one of those things that angers players and also makes the Cryptic Staff look like they don't care. Which is a shame because it's such an easy thing to fix, we just need someone to care enough to actually fix it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Great another railroad with 0 rest between events. :( Verry Dissapointing.

I just look at it as getting it done a little sooner. What would annoy me a lot more is if they had to plop the fifth campaign segment down on top of the winter/anniversary cluster in order to make a bigger break now, the end of the year is busy enough as it is.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    well my question, if we do the grind will we get another of the KM devices? for some reason only 2 of my toons got it and the others cannot claim it.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Great another railroad with 0 rest between events. :( Verry Dissapointing.

I just look at it as getting it done a little sooner. What would annoy me a lot more is if they had to plop the fifth campaign segment down on top of the winter/anniversary cluster in order to make a bigger break now, the end of the year is busy enough as it is.

Good point. There's usually more than enough to do at the end of the year without things stacked on top of each other.
    With respect, perhaps we should just ask that comments about the Blog's accuracy just be kept civil?

Sorry... just kinda frustrated at seeing the pile on at EVERY chance. I'd like things to stay civil, but when it happens every single time and derails threads and the expressed frustration gets aggressive... honestly I just get tired of seeing it pretty much every other day so to speak. And when you have people piling on over one issue or another it kinda blurs and feels like bashing for the sake of bashing and people just looking for something to go after.

While I agree that they should be a bit more careful with copy/paste blogs about events... I'm not going to call for heads over it like some people seem to do.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm just as frustrated as you are.

But I'm frustrated at the fact that about half the posters in this forum - including YOU, in fact you're one of the first people that comes to mind - could and would do the job properly - at the very least proofreading before posting - and the guy who actually gets paid to do it, will not.

Wow... well... if they had a position for proofreader on staff... I am an experienced fanfic writer with a few stories posted. One was even a Star Trek one. Anyways joking aside... should probably get this thread back on track.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Sorry... just kinda frustrated at seeing the pile on at EVERY chance. I'd like things to stay civil, but when it happens every single time and derails threads and the expressed frustration gets aggressive... honestly I just get tired of seeing it pretty much every other day so to speak. And when you have people piling on over one issue or another it kinda blurs and feels like bashing for the sake of bashing and people just looking for something to go after.

While I agree that they should be a bit more careful with copy/paste blogs about events... I'm not going to call for heads over it like some people seem to do.

I understand where you're coming from and appreciate you considering the other side as well. I get it, your job is to make sure things don't get toxic, message received. We are just attempting to communicate our frustration because this happens every time there is a press release and speaking for myself specifically, I just don't get it. I honestly think that Kael would save himself some time and effort by just doing it right the first time, every release he has to go back multiple times and fix it. I just honestly don't understand why he cares so little about the job he does, that's all. This happens every time he does a press release and frankly, that should be considered unacceptable.

As far as 'heads rolling,' I have said before and will restate again, that I do not support calling for someone to lose their job unless it's a very extreme case. It's a hard thing to root for someone to lose their method of supporting themselves or their family, but I will say that I believe Kael is the wrong choice for his current position. My preference is to see him move on to something else or see him moved to a different position and my personal theory is that Kael wants this as well. What his job performance indicates to me is that he's not very happy where he is anyway, I don't want him unemployed and out of work, that's too far. He's a nice guy, he doesn't deserve that, but at the same time he's a poor choice for Community Manager for Star Trek Online. I feel this player base deserves someone with an actual passion for what they do. I dislike Kael professionally, personally I wish him all the best.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    westmetals wrote: »
    By any chance, on TTH? (I am a prolific author there myself... though no Star Trek stuff)

Actually FF.Net. Also posted a few of them on DevArt as well. I may not be as prolific... actually haven't gotten hit by the writing bug for a few years, but I tend to always try to post a finished story. I don't want to be one of those people who has a great story... only to abandon it and leave it hanging. I read a few like that and... I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2021

It's a bit frustrating for players when it seems like almost every event announcement has major typos, one post after another, and it has often taken multiple updates to fix them. We've also seen it with bundle and ship announcements.

When it was one out of ten most of us let it slide, but now it's more like nine out of ten.

The two most recent: X ship token, ship. I don't happen to need either, but some players were very disappointed at being given false hope.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User

Thanks to the errors we didn't know what the reward actually was. :p

I'm dyslexic so I understand it may not be his fault. I'm not calling for him to lose his job, just for this particular aspect of it to be given to someone who can do it to the required standard. Like you. :*
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I still have no idea what the rewards are...

???
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    ^^ Agree wholeheartedly...

For me at least, if something is promised in a blog post, it needs to be followed through with, even the mistakes. The blog promised a T6 upgrade in the latest Red Alert, yet "oops, that shouldn't have been there" and poof, it was gone...

If Cryptic lost money each time an error was made, they might start holding folks accountable...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    Eh, I don't really care about this particular mess-up. I'm just looking forward to getting my event campaign ship, which is my math is correct will be next Sunday.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
This discussion has been closed.