test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume boxes shouldn't be faction locked

Currently the New Genesis bundle's WOK uniform boxes can only be opened by Federation captains.

However, it is possible for Klingon-faction captains to have qualifying BOFFs (Marauding reward renegade BOFF, Kobali BOFF, etc.) who could wear the uniforms, so why can they not be unpacked and used for such BOFFs?

And in fact, it's possible for ANY captain to have a BOFF of ANY faction and gender (for costume purposes)... via various means (Romulan BOFFs from the Fleet Embassy, Jem'Hadar BOFFs from the Gamma expansion pack, etc.) so... every costume box should have faction locks removed.

Comments

• faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Currently the New Genesis bundle's WOK uniform boxes can only be opened by Federation captains.

However, it is possible for Klingon-faction captains to have qualifying BOFFs (Marauding reward renegade BOFF, Kobali BOFF, etc.) who could wear the uniforms, so why can they not be unpacked and used for such BOFFs?

And in fact, it's possible for ANY captain to have a BOFF of ANY faction and gender (for costume purposes)... via various means (Romulan BOFFs from the Fleet Embassy, Jem'Hadar BOFFs from the Gamma expansion pack, etc.) so... every costume box should have faction locks removed.

you are exactly right
    one of the main reasons for game forums if for players to post things they want.

it might be possible now or it might now.

sometimes things that were not possible before are later possible like end game connies which CBS did not allow for a long time.

so just because CBS does allow something now or in the passed doesnt mean it wont change.

so everybody should keep asking for things they want and maybe one day it can happen.

thanks for the great post westmeals!
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I'm OK with "canon" lines being observed. If there are some vestiges of the series that are sacred cows it's almost nice to see some remain. The problem as I see it are the the overlapping and blurring of the lines between prohibitions and broken tailoring. A Reman and a Romulan both observe the same affiliations in the storyline yet a Romulan has a great deal more latitude in what they can wear. A good part of the fun is designing a uniform for a ship's company yet the Reman's are shinted out of a good part of the Romulan attire. A Bajoran uniform from the DS9 pack can be worn by some characters who aren't Bajorans (I like the new TMP stylings) but others not so much. At least if there was transparency on what is, "forbidden" and what isn't then maybe some of the bugs could be clearly identified and addressed. Maybe that's why the silence prevails.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

westmetals wrote: »
    I'm OK with "canon" lines being observed. If there are some vestiges of the series that are sacred cows it's almost nice to see some remain. The problem as I see it are the the overlapping and blurring of the lines between prohibitions and broken tailoring. A Reman and a Romulan both observe the same affiliations in the storyline yet a Romulan has a great deal more latitude in what they can wear. A good part of the fun is designing a uniform for a ship's company yet the Reman's are shinted out of a good part of the Romulan attire. A Bajoran uniform from the DS9 pack can be worn by some characters who aren't Bajorans (I like the new TMP stylings) but others not so much. At least if there was transparency on what is, "forbidden" and what isn't then maybe some of the bugs could be clearly identified and addressed. Maybe that's why the silence prevails.

No apparently the silence prevails because every time anyone even mentions costumes, everyone piles on with "there should be no uniform restrictions". Regardless of what the post was actually about.

Mods, please close this thread, it is being hopelessly derailed. I am saddened by this, but apparently this is a topic that cannot be rationally discussed.

@rattler2 , @darkbladejk ....

please dont let one person kill your thread.

if you do that it will only encourage them and show them they can kill any thread they dont like.

one person should not be able to come in and kill threads they disagree with.

that is now how forums are supposed to work.

you did a good thread and it shouldnt be killed.
    oh sorry i misunderstood.

thanks for your post anyway.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Things like Fed aligned Romulan Captains [...] are not technically part of Starfleet, they are aligned with Starfleet. So they shouldn't be wearing Starfleet uniforms because they are not actually in Starfleet.
    I honestly thought this restriction had been lifted, but I just checked in-game and nope, Romulan captains still can't wear Starfleet uniforms. This seems odd now though since Fed-Aligned Jem'Hadar CAN wear Federation uniforms, I suspect CBS may have changed their mind between the release of LoR and the release of ViL but retroactively changing Romulan uniform options would be too much work with the current size of the team.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.