Install Arc

sompek event is alredy over :-(

faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
o9c6KNu.jpg

sad i missd this :(
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    The game launcher has the wrong dates. The event actually starts tuesday.
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2021

im confused. how is that possible?
    Post edited by faxmachine#9639 on
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User

because the system isn't automated and someone made a mistake with the dates.
    edited August 2021
    spiritborn wrote: »

because the system isn't automated and someone made a mistake with the dates.

oh wow.

i did not realise.

is this a normal thing?
    Doing them manually yes, mistakes recently yes. also just 1 quote is enough, quoting the same thing more then one in the same post makes it seem like you're trying to just boost the size of your post without a good reason.
    Doing them manually yes, mistakes recently yes. also just 1 quote is enough, quoting the same thing more then one in the same post makes it seem like you're trying to just boost the size of your post without a good reason.

oh wow.

thats weird.

when i cliqked reply it did multiple quotes.

so the mistakes are just recent then and not something normal?

oh wow.

thats weird.

recent as in during the pandemic though there had been mistakes even before that not just as often.

oh wow.

thats weird.

recent as in during the pandemic though there had been mistakes even before that not just as often.

oh. i see.

thats interesting.

i heard they are working from home now.

maybe it is harder to proof read at home?

oh wow.

thats weird.

oh. i see.

thats interesting.

i heard they are working from home now.

maybe it is harder to proof read at home?

either that was great sarcasm or i missed something. :)

i really dont know?

i mean i wish i could work from home because it would be a lot safer.

the people who can work from home are really lucky because not everyone has that kind of job.

but maybe the lighting is bad at home and it is harder to read and proof read for mistakes?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    o9c6KNu.jpg

sad i missd this :(
    This has to be the worst copy + paste mistake Kael has made yet, usually he just copies a previous version of the same blog but this time he seems to have copied the dates and times for the last Infinity Promo flash sale ... I really don't understand how anyone could mix up a weekend flash sale with a multi-week long event like that ...

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    In another way the event is already over as the blog says "Take the Tests Again" yet they've disabled the real versions of the very tests many people were looking forward to during the event.

I think it's a step in the wrong direction and takes any potential challenge (read as fun) away from something that's supposed to be a celebration of skill and resolve. Now it's little more than grind-fest part 4/5. Not as much to celebrate imho.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Well it IS supposed to be a NO WIN scenario. This way we really can't win ;)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    imma go out on a limb...

while he (kael) posted the link for it on the STO sight, maybe, just maybe, he is not responsible for the information in the launcher?

long shot, but i figured i would offer that as a possible outcome.

It doesn't really matter who is responsible, the problem keeps occurring and is unquestionably sloppy work. More effort at proofreading especially critical information like dates and rewards is necessary.

I have to say, though I'm entirely baffled at where those dates came from. Three days? It clearly wasn't copy pasted from a previous event which would have made sense.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    In another way the event is already over as the blog says "Take the Tests Again" yet they've disabled the real versions of the very tests many people were looking forward to during the event.

I think it's a step in the wrong direction and takes any potential challenge (read as fun) away from something that's supposed to be a celebration of skill and resolve. Now it's little more than grind-fest part 4/5. Not as much to celebrate imho.

Indeed. I would have looked forward to it if it meant I could play a nice Sompek mission during the weekend. It's been a while since I really got to play it.

Unfortunately we're just allowed to launch it and then collect the reward. As it'll basically be over before you even realise you're in it.

We're basically encouraged not to play the game anymore at this point. :/
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.