test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    Why are we still doing this? This Thread has been open for a month and a half and it's up to 14 pages. If they don't have what they need by now they never will. Sales in the Store have not abated during this time of ruminations.

There have been some interesting ideas to come out of this. But to expect them to basically just shut down business to address things is unrealistic, let alone the fact that sales are planned long in advance, and still brings in money that can be used to help solve said problem.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No one asked them to shut down business. If they want sales, have more lackluster sales, like 20-35% on way overpriced Mudd's Market stuff.

Problem isn't just Sales, it's too many people who make it a moral imperative to not spend a thin dime on the Store, making it a full time job on grinding Dilithium.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Problem isn't just Sales
    Perhaps both savers and spenders are needed to achieve balance ?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Lots of character clothing, hair and so on, not used by players in game...was used in foundry....release them and SELL THEM.
    Lots of stuff I'd like to use.

I could get behind that. I like Space Barbie. Space Barbie is the True Endgame.

I agree. I spend a lot of time to create cool characters, i would be happy to buy more stuff for them. BUT without clipping and stretched textures.
    During 1 of the new klingons missions when we are on Nimbus with Wilkins and Co (in the club), there is a dude with a cool miner backpack.

Space Barbie, ftw! :)

I'd love to pay for Space Barbie (up and including Player Housing). I have always been missing shoes, though. Not boots, but, you know, shoes. Not Gucci per se, but something other than 1 meshed pair of high-heel sandals.

Yep. I'd like something like these myself. And other stuff. A pants suit, or skirt suit, would rock, too. :)
    jvdF2OH.jpg

Czoxn4a.jpg

Dgv41yh.jpg

j6Kex1f.jpg

JscbwcE.jpg

5pnerlH.jpg

bDwbPjI.jpg

APKOYvn.jpg

twryH4J.jpg

MKdmI1U.jpg

2F7gF3P.jpg

The more space Barbie, the better, yo.

Love the pics, as always! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Lots of character clothing, hair and so on, not used by players in game...was used in foundry....release them and SELL THEM.
    Lots of stuff I'd like to use.

I could get behind that. I like Space Barbie. Space Barbie is the True Endgame.

I agree. I spend a lot of time to create cool characters, i would be happy to buy more stuff for them. BUT without clipping and stretched textures.
    During 1 of the new klingons missions when we are on Nimbus with Wilkins and Co (in the club), there is a dude with a cool miner backpack.

Space Barbie, ftw! :)

I'd love to pay for Space Barbie (up and including Player Housing). I have always been missing shoes, though. Not boots, but, you know, shoes. Not Gucci per se, but something other than 1 meshed pair of high-heel sandals.

Yep. I'd like something like these myself. And other stuff. A pants suit, or skirt suit, would rock, too. :)
    jvdF2OH.jpg

Czoxn4a.jpg

Dgv41yh.jpg

j6Kex1f.jpg

JscbwcE.jpg

5pnerlH.jpg

bDwbPjI.jpg

APKOYvn.jpg

twryH4J.jpg

MKdmI1U.jpg

2F7gF3P.jpg

The more space Barbie, the better, yo.

Love the pics, as always! :)

^_^ V
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Telling them they need to SLOW DOWN the sales and constant events is not the same as shut down their business...that is a strawman and you know it.

And while the legendary bundle being planned so far out in advanced that it pre-dates the dilex problem is something in the realm of possibility, the 20% ship sale they attached to it? That one is gonna be REALLY a stretch at this point...but even if you can make excuses for that too, a FLASH SALE while those two are happening?!? Really, they plan flash sales months in advance...REALLY? I'm sorry, but that Flash sale was just one cash grab too far. That one made the mask completely fall off.

I was referring to the normal sales. Not the Flash Sales. I have no idea how they plan flash sales, or if they do have them planned in advance, nor do I know the timeframe. I just know that normal sales are planned in advance. They can't see the future anymore than we can.

And there are people on the forums who wanted an absolute full stop to ANY development in favor of a whole year of bug fixes, which would be pointless in A: meaning a whole year of most of the staff not doing anything, B: no income from new stuff, and C: would be instantly nullified the next time they update the game because there's ALWAYS a new bug.

People have called for those extremes in the past. My intent was to head off the potential of that kind of extreme entirely.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Sounds interesting. I am curious.
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Unique interiors and bridges. I'd certainly dump some dil down for some thematic cultural interiors such as Caitians , Romulans , Remans , Andorians , ect.
    They were losing money on those back when they charged actual money for them. No way they would make them and offer them for straight dil.

They have to make new stuff anyways for the story why not kill two birds with one stone and make it a dil sink too. Just sayin

There are also simply missed chances. They already made a full Walker interior for missions, for instance, yet refused to include it in the Walker class ships.

very true good point!
  • samargathasamargatha Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    How about a nice dinner date with Michelle Yeoh? I would part with my literal mountains of dilithium (and then some) for that. :smile:

I'm in!! I almost ver log to the forum but had to do it for this :)

I'd pay some dilithium to have my inventory sorted in tabs for each type of item, ground weapons, space weapons, junk, drinks... You could charge some dil. for each customizable tab. In the end... that won't be a lot over time, it's limited, but it's something.
    Also... Space Barbie stuff would be nice. Appart from more clothes (bikinis all around!) you could add a holobridge to your ship and then we need to find a way to use it. Like... making a dating simulator inside it to flirt with the Emperor, Jarok or even Kurland if you want... :P Still, someone has to pay the drinks... with dil.
    I would pay some dil to have a tribble insta-killer, instead to use the carnivore one and having to wait!

More ship customization would be nice. I miss the old ship options when you could swap parts a lot. Lot of new ships you can't change anything, some color and not much else. Yes, that needs work, but if Cryptic wants our money they need to work for it.
  • randomone3randomone3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Let us use the Holodeck on our starbase, pay "X" amount of dilithium and receive double XP for the mission, the normal rewards, but no dilithium
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > They mentioned in the livestream there is a comprehensive plan for dil sinks, both long term and short term, and news about new dil sinks is coming soon. The one that is coming up soon that isn't a huge dil sink by itself, but its one that isn't a limited time one like the vanity shield one was. Once the upcoming change is made it will stay forever.

My read on it was that there would be more things like the vanity shields as “short-term” solutions and The “long-term” solution was more of a stopgap. I.e. not a “comprehensive plan.”

Kael said the upcoming sink is between a long and short-term solution — it sounded less than a comprehensive solution. It is probably something like a reputation or holding mechanic.

“I would qualify the one that is coming up as, maybe more of a long term [solution] actually, but it’s sortof somewhere in the middle between those two really,” Kael (as transcribed by Conteryolo on Reddit)

Borticus then described it as “low impact.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/p76vyx/new_dilithium_sinks_upcoming/

But who knows—maybe it will be more effective than they think it could be.
    Post edited by qultuq on
    The way I see it honestly... every little bit helps.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'm still on the very last KDF gripe I have which is making that Infiltrator trait available to use on characters that are not romulan republic or kdf recruit. It makes it kind of sad to realize a Klingon or KDF that I've had for a decade is just completely obsolete compared to anyone making these recruits.

Then the other thing is add in ship costumes to so that if you don't play on making Nova's or BoP's at least allow their to be room to just make existing ones have additional costume options through dilithium promotions. For the KDF I'd love to play a T6 Hegh'ta I don't need a special console or special trait the costume is all that is really needed and I am sure others could agree these kinds of things are what people would spend dilithium on.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    10,000 refined dil per blog to get correct, factual information.

You just won the Internet... for today. :)

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Add Lobi Shop items to Dill shop with a half Lobi and half Dill price.

T6 ship = 900 lobi full price using all Lobi. My idea is you use 450 Lobi and pay the other half with Dill.
    The problem with that is... how much Dilithium would equal 1 Lobi?
This discussion has been closed.