test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Campaign 4: Sompek; 8/24 to 9/14; Rewards: Time Hack kit module

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
The No Win Scenarios Event will become available for players on PC starting on August 24th, 2021 and continuing until September 14th, 2021.
Take the Tests Again
Two existing activities will be participating in this Event:
  • Arena of Sompek – Ground TFO
  • Kobayashi Maru – Space TFO
Rewards
Accruing a total of 14 Days’ worth of Daily Progress will allow you to claim the Grand Prize of this Event.

Temporal Hack Kit Module
The Temporal Hack kit possesses chronology technology that scans selected, nearby life signatures and introduces asynchronous time-anomalies. As a result of the irregular energy flow, shields are instantly drained and reconstituted into an electrical discharge, while those influenced by the time distortion become immobilized. The asynchronous time signature is very fragile and can be easily be disrupted to allow the flow of time to regain its cohesion upon anyone affected.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11494733-do-you-believe-in-a-no-win-scenario?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    > EVENT III REWARDS: FLYABLE FREIGHTER AND EPIC-QUALITY ADMIRALTY SHIP FOR ENTIRE ACCOUNT

They fixed the copy-pasted old reward, it now looks like a fun ground AOE module especially if you have an electrical theme:

Temporal Hack Kit Module

The Temporal Hack kit possesses chronology technology that scans selected, nearby life signatures and introduces asynchronous time-anomalies. As a result of the irregular energy flow, shields are instantly drained and reconstituted into an electrical discharge, while those influenced by the time distortion become immobilized. The asynchronous time signature is very fragile and can be easily be disrupted to allow the flow of time to regain its cohesion upon anyone affected.

They still aren't giving us a ship X-token though ;)
    edited August 2021
    . ::double the post double the fun::

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > EVENT III REWARDS: FLYABLE FREIGHTER AND EPIC-QUALITY ADMIRALTY SHIP FOR ENTIRE ACCOUNT

They fixed the blog reward:

Temporal Hack Kit Module

As of this post the blog lists BOTH the freighter AND the module:

utG2HAj.jpg

5R39lSI.jpg

As such, both are listed in my OP :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    I'm going to guess that is the usual 100% chance of lazy copy-pasting :) ... but you never know
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

They fixed the copy-pasted old reward, it now looks like a fun ground AOE module especially if you have an electrical theme:

Temporal Hack Kit Module

Hasn't been entirely fixed. Still says stuff about the Freighter in the blog.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User

Temporal Hack Kit Module

It also says it's the third event of Event Campaign III. I doubt it's really part of the ECIII at all, and if it is, it's the fourth. We just finished the third this week.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    These patch notes are terribly inaccurate and unprofessional. I didn't do the event in the past so it got me thinking I could get an account-wide freighter. I've looked and that was last years reward: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11440753-do-you-believe-in-a-no-win-scenario%3F
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Thank goodness Sompek is an option! I absolutely LOATHE the Kamikaze Maru TFO!

Indeed. Mentioned earlier that i hoped the next event would be Sompek. Never enough sompek.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Temporal Hack Kit Module

It also says it's the third event of Event Campaign III. I doubt it's really part of the ECIII at all, and if it is, it's the fourth. We just finished the third this week.

I think it is the fourth. Why do you think they gave us a 1 week red alert event? It is a buffer between events.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    While I already have it, I hope the Maru being part of the rewards is not just a copy-paste error. People have been asking for some of the past prizes to return and it would set a nice precedent.

Temporal Hack Kit Module

I think it is the fourth. Why do you think they gave us a 1 week red alert event? It is a buffer between events.

It's possible, but they usually have a longer gap between parts of the Event Campaign. Generally at least one full-length event that isn't part of the campaign. Either way, it's definitely at least partly wrong, because the blog says "third" when we just finished the third.

Mind you, I'll be happy if it is the next part of the campaign--I'm only six days from the reward, and I've got a character concept I'm really excited for waiting for a ship--but I will be quite surprised if it is.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    I'm surprised by how quickly the fourth event showed up, Consoles haven't even started the third event for ECIII yet.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I already got my ship. Will this count towards another ship if you already got the first one? or just bonus DIL?

Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    I'm surprised by how quickly the fourth event showed up, Consoles haven't even started the third event for ECIII yet.

I'm none too sure it has. I think this is another classic "Kael Copy-Paste Error"--notice it says "third" event, when that's the one we just finished.
    I already got my ship. Will this count towards another ship if you already got the first one? or just bonus DIL?

If it's like previous event campaigns, it won't count toward another ship, no.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    It's been edited to remove any mention of the ship and to say 4th event.
    psymantis wrote: »

Nice. Updated OP accordingly.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I am disappointed in the Maru for KDF Characters. The Commodity Officer is a Federation NPC and will not interact with the Character. The Amarie Commodity Officer just gives KDF Charactersthe Operations Officer Assignments. Really, if they want KDF Characters to not get cheaper Commodities from Freighters but only from Pillaging just say so.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    I am disappointed in the Maru for KDF Characters. The Commodity Officer is a Federation NPC and will not interact with the Character.

Huh; never noticed that. But yeah, that's lame :neutral:

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

Absolutely, it is practically back to back. Well worth the effort but a bit of a draining too.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I am disappointed in the Maru for KDF Characters. The Commodity Officer is a Federation NPC and will not interact with the Character.

Huh; never noticed that. But yeah, that's lame :neutral:

Agree, that just seems like lazy work imo. There's the Fed cargo ship & the KDF cargo ship so there should be a Fed npc & a KDF npc representing too.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am so unbelievably burned out at this point, I just hope I can solo AFK a Map enough times to finish Event III so I can not touch this game again until the next time they actually release content, whenever the hell that will be.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    psymantis wrote: »

So, it counts towards event campaign 3 then?

Too bad, really, Kael's reputation for accuracy has become so flaky, we have to figure this out amongst ourselves, but there it is.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    i'm going to pass this event, i have only 1000 points for the event campaign, and i'm a tired to do events day after day. it becomes really boring.
    I am so unbelievably burned out at this point, I just hope I can solo AFK a Map enough times to finish Event III so I can not touch this game again until the next time they actually release content, whenever the hell that will be.

i would like to play a bad guy, but really a bad guy. tired to be the savior of the galaxy. I don't like discovery for this reason, burhnam is the ultimate savior, not only for the galaxy, but the universe, the multiverse etc. this show should have its name changed to Star Trek Burnham: me, myself and I.

As of this post...

NdUAZ28.jpg

Funny how they can change word "fourth" below the heading but not even bother changing the heading :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

i would like to play a bad guy, but really a bad guy. tired to be the savior of the galaxy. I don't like discovery for this reason, burhnam is the ultimate savior, not only for the galaxy, but the universe, the multiverse etc. this show should have its name changed to Star Trek Burnham: me, myself and I.

Don't let the actual topic of the thread interupt your Anti-Discovery rant that no one asked to hear. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

They already have something similar with Picard, so why not?
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

Absolutely, it is practically back to back. Well worth the effort but a bit of a draining too.

I get the idea that they made the campaign a five-parter but paced the early parts as if it was still a four-part one (or something just delayed one of the earlier parts), and now they have to hurry it up a bit so it does not overlap the winter and anniversary events, especially with the AoY recruitment coming up.

Don't let the actual topic of the thread interupt your Anti-Discovery rant that no one asked to hear. :lol:

i'm not anti-discovery, I like almost everything, excepted the way how burnham's character is written.
    that becomes really difficult to give an opinion without being bothered by surly and often unnecessary comments.

This discussion has been closed.