test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 FYI: Red Alert rewards an Experimental Ship Upgrade Token

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
In addition to their usual rewards, these Task Force Operations will also grant daily bonus progress. You’ll receive one Daily Progress each day for completing one Red Alert – doesn’t matter which one – on any character on your account. After you receive five daily progress, you’ll be rewarded with a package containing the following, once per account:
  • An Ultimate Tech Upgrade
  • A Specialization Point
  • An Experimental Ship Upgrade Token

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11493713-the-galaxy-goes-to-red-alert!

Just FYI, in addition to the tech upgrade and specialization point mentioned in game, this Red Alert event apparently also rewards a ship upgrade token.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crazy1mancrazy1man Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    hmm did any of the DEV. see this post. alot was hopping for the X-upgrade.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    One blog post also said we could do an event on June 31, but I never managed to make that work.

Without clarification from Kael or a dev, if you do the event then assume you will not be getting the x-token. If you do then it will be a nice surprise.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Not one News Blog has been 100% correct. As I have said in the past, with all the Feedback on every News Blog you'd think they would have gotten the hint to proofread. Pavlov's dogs learned faster. It has to be a deliberate troll.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Yep, seems like they removed it. What a douche move.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    According to Som's summary of the livestream (I am referring to the summary as I can't be online during the livestream)... the shorter duration Red Alert events were never intended to have that reward; however this event was copy-pasted from the recently-run longer version.

Then, in cases like this, remove Kael, not the Upgrade token. :) I was really looking forward to that token. And besides, it was apparently listed as reward in multiple places. That's not just a 'typo'.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    According to Som's summary of the livestream (I am referring to the summary as I can't be online during the livestream)... the shorter duration Red Alert events were never intended to have that reward; however this event was copy-pasted from the recently-run longer version.

Then, in cases like this, remove Kael, not the Upgrade token. :) I was really looking forward to that token. And besides, it was apparently listed as reward in multiple places. That's not just a 'typo'.

I agree that proofreading should be a thing. And that if it's published they should live up to it.

Unfortunately they're masters of revisionist history. A while back I stated in a thread that something had happened... and then the mods and Kael replied to say that it had not and then locked the thread before anyone could contradict.

And that is monumentally sad; but nothing we can do something about. Thanks for explaining what happened, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Late to the party but I just finished the Red Alert event and indeed did not get the Ship Upgrade token as the blog, launcher and other sources said.

Seriously, if the CM can't do their job properly, they need to hire a new CM.

I sit and worry about the stuff I post and go back and proofread several times before I hit the "Post Comment" button. And yeah, I still TRIBBLE up since you are your own worst editor, but I'm also not getting paid to do a job.

Honestly, if I'd known ahead of time there was no Ship Upgrade rewarded with this event, I wouldn't have wasted my time with it.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    Late to the party but I just finished the Red Alert event and indeed did not get the Ship Upgrade token as the blog, launcher and other sources said.

I sit and worry about the stuff I post and go back and proofread several times before I hit the "Post Comment" button. And yeah, I still TRIBBLE up since you are your own worst editor, but I'm also not getting paid to do a job.

Honestly, if I'd known ahead of time there was no Ship Upgrade rewarded with this event, I wouldn't have wasted my time with it.

In another one of these threads, someone offered to pay 10,000 Dilithium for a 'correct-blog-token'. Funny, but sad that I would too. With calendar gone as well, Kael is the only source of information -- and he has proven unreliable.

N.B. And, indeed, promised Upgrade token text, to make ships -X, is still on the launcher too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

In another one of these threads, someone offered to pay 10,000 Dilithium for a 'correct-blog-token'. Funny, but sad that I would too. With calendar gone as well, Kael is the only source of information -- and he has proven unreliable.

N.B. And, indeed, promised Upgrade token text, to make ships -X, is still on the launcher too.

EDIT: And look at the Launcher. Sompek listed for 8/13 until 8/16 (Sic!). Someone's gross incompetence is getting depressing.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2021

EDIT: And look at the Launcher. Sompek listed for 8/13 until 8/16 (Sic!). Someone's gross incompetence is getting depressing.

holy hand grenades batman...i guess time travel is not just a STO thing anymore.

https://ibb.co/8XSSMmg

Talk with the guy standing outside the admiral's office on ESD, he should be able to hook you up with a ride on a timeship to do the event... :lol:

Seriously though, they need to get a proofreader for sure.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's 'Holy Guadalcanal, Batman!!' :)

https://youtu.be/e5hRPy-pDsY
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Ha, I guess they started getting too many complaints about the Red Alert event not awarding the Ship Upgrade like the launcher said, so they changed it to the No Win Scenario "upcoming" event instead. An event, that according to their own launcher, ENDED SIX DAYS AGO or is nearly a year (or more) away, since it doesn't state what year it will happen!

How in the world are we ever supposed to take this company seriously or believe anything they say when they allow pathetic mistakes like this?

Just... I give up.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I thought I saw another announcement of the event something like September 24 to August 16. Maybe an 11 month event, or requiring going back in time from September.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I finished it today, and I can verify that it does not award the X-upgrade.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    makes me mad because I knew I did not have the time to do the event, only got to play Friday yesterday and today, and decided to buy out. I feel ripped off
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    A substantial reward for such a tiny event is an unrealistic expectation. It only became a point of contention due to miscommunication on the part of the powers that be. Without reading anything too carefully I was pretty chuffed to score an ultimate upgrade and felt I got what I wanted. What could have been a "win" goodwill promotion was bungled by the very people who are supposed to interact with the community and promote the same positivity the event was intended to facilitate. That outcome should be scrutinized internally.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    A substantial reward for such a tiny event is an unrealistic expectation. It only became a point of contention due to miscommunication on the part of the powers that be. Without reading anything too carefully I was pretty chuffed to score an ultimate upgrade and felt I got what I wanted. What could have been a "win" goodwill promotion was bungled by the very people who are supposed to interact with the community and promote the same positivity the event was intended to facilitate. That outcome should be scrutinized internally.

I totally agree with you, but the miscommunication is their fault due to a repeated problem that they refuse to make any effort to correct. I do believe they should be liable for giving what they said they would give.

I'm not even saying this for myself, I haven't logged in for a week and skipped the entire thing, I get nothing either way, but those that did it should get the experimental just because they were told they would.

I agree it's a more substantial reward then you would normally see for something of such little effort, but it's what was promised and they should stand by what they said.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.