test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Infinity Prize Pack - T5 Ship Restrictions

hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
At the moment you need to be Rear Admiral, Lower Half rank to fly any ship from the Infinity Prize Pack - T5 Ship, I think this restriction should be removed so they can be flown after the tutorial like all other ships can be.
These ships are cheap on the Exchange and the easiest to get from Lockboxes, the ideal time to use these ships is at lower ranks, by the time you get to Admiral allot of people are thinking T6 ships. Anyway just an idea 🙂

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Infinity_Prize_Pack_-_T5_Ship
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    T5 ships should be removed from the infinity box and moved into the phoenix box
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I'm not against it, but they might not have a way to make T5 ships into scaling ships or it might take too much work for these consolation prize ships.

Moving them to phoenix sounds nice, but not if they replace them with a higher drop rate for R&D mini-packs (gah!).
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I've heard some Mudd's ships from older bundles will eventually also transition to Phoenix in time.
    0zxlclk.png
  • hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    At the moment you need to be Rear Admiral, Lower Half rank to fly any ship from the Infinity Prize Pack - T5 Ship, I think this restriction should be removed so they can be flown after the tutorial like all other ships can be.
    These ships are cheap on the Exchange and the easiest to get from Lockboxes, the ideal time to use these ships is at lower ranks, by the time you get to Admiral allot of people are thinking T6 ships. Anyway just an idea 🙂

You are working from a flawed premise:
    so they can be flown after the tutorial like all other ships can be.

In fact this only applies to T1 and T6 ships, plus the scaling T4 Walker.

Excepting the Walker... the restrictions you are speaking out against, apply to all T2 through T5 ships, not only the T5 Infinity Box ships.

I was only making the argument for Lockbox ships, perhaps I should of have worded it better, “like all other ships” was meant to be “like all other Lockbox ships” ….. anyway it’s just an idea.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    westmetals wrote: »

You are working from a flawed premise:
    so they can be flown after the tutorial like all other ships can be.

In fact this only applies to T1 and T6 ships, plus the scaling T4 Walker.

Excepting the Walker... the restrictions you are speaking out against, apply to all T2 through T5 ships, not only the T5 Infinity Box ships.

I was only making the argument for Lockbox ships, perhaps I should of have worded it better, “like all other ships” was meant to be “like all other Lockbox ships” ….. anyway it’s just an idea.

It would be nice if they made at least the unique c-store and lockbox T5s scaling, and the Dominion starter bug ship if they ever got around to putting in Vorta and others as leveling races. I doubt if it will happen anytime soon though, if ever.
This discussion has been closed.