test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I've written a long piece elsewhere about the general dil exchange problem, but this seems like the right place to throw out my idea for a dil sink that could be added to the game.

I propose a new fleet holding called the "Coalition Headquarters." At the basic level, a Coalition Headquarters allows a fleet to join a cross-faction armada. At the advanced level, a Coalition Headquarters allows a fleet to host a cross-faction sub-armada at the beta fleet level. And at the Epic (or whatever) level, a Coalition Headquarters allows a fleet to host a full cross-faction armada (i.e. occupy the alpha level and host other-faction beta level fleets).

Basically, the idea is to introduce the long desired feature of cross-faction armadas, and to make fleets pay enormous sums of dil to participate. Everybody wins!
  • lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    What you mean by host?

Today, an armada can only contain fleets of one faction (Fed-side or KDF-side). Consequently, it's impossible for members of KDF fleets to contribute to Fed-Fleet fleet projects and vice versa. Cross-faction fleets could be difficult to implement, but cross-faction armadas would appear to be pretty simple.

I'm using "host" to refer to the hierarchical relationship between fleets within an armada: the alpha fleet "hosts" up to three beta fleets, and each beta fleet "hosts" up to three gamma fleets. Today, a fleet can only "host" fleets of the same faction. By building the new holding, fleets could change this.

For example, a Federation fleet with a Tier 3 (top tier) Coalition Headquarters could "host" Klingon fleets at the beta level, provided those fleets have at least a Tier 1 Coalition Headquarters.

A Federation fleet with a Tier 2 (mid tier) Coalition Headquarters could "host" Klingon fleets at the gamma level, provided again that those fleets have at least a Tier 1 Coalition Headquarters.

And a Klingon fleet with a Tier 1 (low tier) Coalition Headquarters could join an armada under a Federation fleet, provided that the Fed fleet has a Tier 2 (if it's a beta fleet) or Tier 3 (if it's an alpha fleet) Coalition Headquarters.

The target audience would mainly be people who have Fed mains in large, prosperous fleets and Klingon alts in smaller struggling fleets. (I'm in two such fleet "families" myself.) The inability to share fleet resources (dil, fleet marks, etc.) across the faction divide is one of the last things that makes playing KDF-side characters a drag. Cross-faction armadas could address that problem, and using a new fleet holding (i.e. dil sink) to enable cross-faction armadas would kill two birds with one stone.

Make sense?
  • sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I know one thing that I, and many of my Fleet Mates, would spend more dilithium on (if it was more worthwhile), would be on Fleet Projects. If it wasn't for the 1 for 1 exchange for Fleet Credits, there'd be more people spending their Dilithium on that. I can't tell you how many times I see Fleets Projects just sit there, stalled in limbo, because no one wants to donate Dilithium for them because it's just not worth it. They're not getting any "bang for our buck," so to speak. Even one Fleet Mark will give you 50 Fleet Credits, per donation. You'd think that one Dilithium would give you more than a measly one Fleet Credit. If they're looking for another creative way for people to start spending more Dilithium, look into making it more worthwhile to donate it for Fleet Projects.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    We need another vanity shield event soon.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Lots of character clothing, hair and so on, not used by players in game...was used in foundry....release them and SELL THEM.
    Lots of stuff I'd like to use.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I know one thing that I, and many of my Fleet Mates, would spend more dilithium on (if it was more worthwhile), would be on Fleet Projects. If it wasn't for the 1 for 1 exchange for Fleet Credits, there'd be more people spending their Dilithium on that. I can't tell you how many times I see Fleets Projects just sit there, stalled in limbo, because no one wants to donate Dilithium for them because it's just not worth it. They're not getting any "bang for our buck," so to speak. Even one Fleet Mark will give you 50 Fleet Credits, per donation. You'd think that one Dilithium would give you more than a measly one Fleet Credit. If they're looking for another creative way for people to start spending more Dilithium, look into making it more worthwhile to donate it for Fleet Projects.

Unfair to the payor, not to the payee. :)

The deal is horribad for players, by design. By bad design, I should say. I get sinks, but at least with Vanity Shields and such you get the satisfactory feeling of actually having gotten something in return (other than Cryptic's "Greed is eternal" mantra). A personal discount system (based on contribution rank) might help: the more dilithium you donate, the less dilithium items will cost. That's another thing, though: who really wants Fleet equipment? (as an end-game player) Fleet-items need a buff to begin with.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Lots of character clothing, hair and so on, not used by players in game...was used in foundry....release them and SELL THEM.

I could get behind that. I like Space Barbie. Space Barbie is the True Endgame.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User

best idea so far in this thread.

best idea so far in this thread.

kk10oLD.jpg

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I agree. I spend a lot of time to create cool characters, i would be happy to buy more stuff for them. BUT without clipping and stretched textures.
    During 1 of the new klingons missions when we are on Nimbus with Wilkins and Co (in the club), there is a dude with a cool miner backpack.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I agree. I spend a lot of time to create cool characters, i would be happy to buy more stuff for them. BUT without clipping and stretched textures.
    During 1 of the new klingons missions when we are on Nimbus with Wilkins and Co (in the club), there is a dude with a cool miner backpack.

I like backpacks. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Vaadwaur soldier backpack. I would also like to get my hands on Satra's Jacket, Dr. Crusher's Lab Coat from TNG...

As for clipping, I can think of one offender that I like on my KDF, the Mirror Bortasqu' has some clipping issues around the neck on the collar, and some less noticable under the arms. And this is on a female Orion. I don't see any of that clipping on the normal Bortasqu'.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

I like backpacks. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Vaadwaur soldier backpack. I would also like to get my hands on Satra's Jacket, Dr. Crusher's Lab Coat from TNG...

As for clipping, I can think of one offender that I like on my KDF, the Mirror Bortasqu' has some clipping issues around the neck on the collar, and some less noticable under the arms. And this is on a female Orion. I don't see any of that clipping on the normal Bortasqu'.

Yea, the mirror Bort top for me clips. And my toon, my virtual me, like myself, is small and petite....but I CLIP?!

Also, I'd love the thigh boots the TOS Romulan and Klingon girls get...much different from the standard thigh boots we got in tailor.

Also, I think various other tailor stuff would rock...like imagine making a toon or Boff to look like a salt vampire! :)

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Unique interiors and bridges. I'd certainly dump some dil down for some thematic cultural interiors such as Caitians , Romulans , Remans , Andorians , ect.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!

Space Barbie, ftw! :)

I'd love to pay for Space Barbie (up and including Player Housing). I have always been missing shoes, though. Not boots, but, you know, shoes. Not Gucci per se, but something other than 1 meshed pair of high-heel sandals.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Unique interiors and bridges. I'd certainly dump some dil down for some thematic cultural interiors such as Caitians , Romulans , Remans , Andorians , ect.
    They were losing money on those back when they charged actual money for them. No way they would make them and offer them for straight dil.

They have to make new stuff anyways for the story why not kill two birds with one stone and make it a dil sink too. Just sayin
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
    They were losing money on those back when they charged actual money for them. No way they would make them and offer them for straight dil.

They have to make new stuff anyways for the story why not kill two birds with one stone and make it a dil sink too. Just sayin

There are also simply missed chances. They already made a full Walker interior for missions, for instance, yet refused to include it in the Walker class ships.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

There are also simply missed chances. They already made a full Walker interior for missions, for instance, yet refused to include it in the Walker class ships.

I would actually pay for the Walker Interior, just like I have for some of the others. Whether in Dilithium or ZEN, I like having the themed interiors, even if they serve very little actual purpose.
    Because there isn't much of a reason to see a Caitian, Reman, Androian, etc. ship interior in the story. Hence why they haven't in the 11.5+ years the game has been around.
    That wasn't a full interior since it was missing several of the rooms we see in normal interior, and wasn't shaped in the same way as the normal interiors were, so it doesn't overlay with it.

They made the model kit that would be needed to make a true Walker interior, but they haven't made all the rooms, and props, and such we would see in a full interior.

I would have taken it nonetheless. :)

3lsZz0w.jpg

Space Barbie, ftw! :)

I'd love to pay for Space Barbie (up and including Player Housing). I have always been missing shoes, though. Not boots, but, you know, shoes. Not Gucci per se, but something other than 1 meshed pair of high-heel sandals.

Yep. I'd like something like these myself. And other stuff. A pants suit, or skirt suit, would rock, too. :)
    jvdF2OH.jpg

Czoxn4a.jpg

Dgv41yh.jpg

j6Kex1f.jpg

JscbwcE.jpg

5pnerlH.jpg

bDwbPjI.jpg

APKOYvn.jpg

twryH4J.jpg

MKdmI1U.jpg

2F7gF3P.jpg

The more space Barbie, the better, yo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Why are we still doing this? This Thread has been open for a month and a half and it's up to 14 pages. If they don't have what they need by now they never will. Sales in the Store have not abated during this time of ruminations. .
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.