Install Arc
Options

Legendary Romulan Warbird bundle

Comments

• Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Ok... I do have ONE gripe about this pack.

No Romulan Nemesis Uniform. :)

At least I'll finally get the TNG uniform and a Scimitar variant. Never flew a Scimitar before.

I'm thinking that Cryptic's bundle listed: "Reman Uniform" is indeed the Reman Nemesis Uniform from the store. Otherwise that would be a pretty big glaring omission & the other 2 Romulan store uniforms are already included: the TOS & TNG versions. Just a slight flub in communication details, at least I'm thinking.
    I believe they mean this uniform.

https://www.startrek.com/sites/default/files/styles/content_full/public/images/inline/2019-01/426c83f337cffe9d3f31235d906d8cbc.jpg?itok=mPWDxJrc
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Ok... I do have ONE gripe about this pack.

No Romulan Nemesis Uniform. :)

At least I'll finally get the TNG uniform and a Scimitar variant. Never flew a Scimitar before.

I'm thinking that Cryptic's bundle listed: "Reman Uniform" is indeed the Reman Nemesis Uniform from the store. Otherwise that would be a pretty big glaring omission & the other 2 Romulan store uniforms are already included: the TOS & TNG versions. Just a slight flub in communication details, at least I'm thinking.
    I believe they mean this uniform.

https://www.startrek.com/sites/default/files/styles/content_full/public/images/inline/2019-01/426c83f337cffe9d3f31235d906d8cbc.jpg?itok=mPWDxJrc

See I think Cryptic means the Reman Nemesis Uniform when they stated the Reman Uniform because the other 2 Romulan uniforms are available from the zen store & the Reman Nemesis Uniform is available there too. I suppose wait & see now.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

The problem is we don't even HAVE the Romulan uniform from Nemesis in game at all. The closest we got is the Republic uniforms. While IMO this would be the PERFECT opprotunity to give us those uniforms, like they gave us the Boreth Robes in that other pack... odds are it is just the Reman Nemesis uniforms unless we're getting a surprise addition.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    We don't have the DS9/VOY Romulan uniform either.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2021
    New Romulan uniforms would have been nice, indeed. Also, I don't understand why the Valdore hasn't made it into this pack at all. Maybe it will come out with the Negh'var, the Prometheus, the Nebula, the Akira and the Bortas'qu in a multi-faction legendary pack.

I still think the Valdore should have replaced the Scimitar, to be honest. There is already a Scimitar T6 pack and every of those three T6 Scimitars is pretty powerful already. The D'Deridex of course had to be in the Legendary pack and is the most important ship of the Romulans ever, and it only had a single T6 variant which wasn't really great and deserved more love. The Mogai / Norexan / Valdore is on the same level with the D'Deridex in my opinion and also only has a single T6 variant, which is admittedly better than the T6 D'Deridex (D'Khellra).

Which leads me to the idea that the next Legendary Pack is gunna be a Klingun pack again (with the Negh'var and the Bortas'qu), because there is also a Legendary Odyssey (which already had three powerful T6 variants before).
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2021
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Tested out the D'D two-set, and it's +2 final turnrate for anyone wondering and +10 engine power, which gave me a sad additional +0.2 turn. Pretty much not worth it.
    strathkin wrote: »
    All I was trying to show though was that with just Impulse & Singularity and minimal Impulse speed it does go to 10. Can you get it higher with a Conductive RCS or a Exotic Particle with [Turn] sure, even higher if you use the Universal Lukari Console if you have Plasma or Polaron Damage too given it's slight turn boost among others...

Ah, gotcha. I don't think I explained well, but my current D'D runs around 16 turnrate shown on that screen (which would be what I've been calling 'final'), and I'd consider that slow if I wasn't running the Competitive Engines on top. That's with Conductive RCS [Turn], Pilot Spec, maxed turn Skill, Advanced Engine Reputation Trait and more. The above 15 turnrate I mentioned being too fast was for the starting or 'base' turnrate speed, which scales way faster, way quicker when things like Skills and engines are added in, well above 20 for basically the bare minimum of equipment.

Well that's of course before any Conductive RCS [MOD?], or Exotic Particle Console [Turn] console added.

I tested the Scimitar as it SET as I have those ships, and it did boost the base ship from 7 while in Space up to 10, note while I was at least running at 1 impulse (speed) as with less than that you suffer a turn rate penalty.

I suspect the D'Deridex +2 base turn consoles do the same, sadly however its SET doesn't have the passives like the Scimitar SET has, with the exception of 1 console in that SET. It's why I'd like to see a few of the older T5 consoles give at least 1 passive skill boost.

ULf0TXm.png
    ╘ impulse speed was only 1.24 used here, and it's above 10. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I'm not going to buy this bundle (all legendary bundles are too pricy for me) but I am thrilled that there's a reference to A Final Unity in the lore for the pack. Definitely the best Star Trek computer game ever.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    It's always good to see support for non-feddybear boats.

Roms have 4 Legendary ships now (if you count the Legendary D7 due to the unique TOS paintjob). The pricepoint is too high for the garbage they package but that seems to be the norm now so pointless to whine about it anymore.
  • Options
    des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Would be nice to own the Legendary Scimitar but as others have stated, NOT for that price! In the UK, you're looking at around £80 !!!

Useless parts of the bundle (for me):
    • 6 universal consoles - Pointless if you already own the other 6 ships.
    • 3 Infinity Promo Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Packs
    • TOS Era Romulan Uniform
    • TNG Era Romulan Uniform
    • Reman Uniform
    • Reman Species
    • D'deridex

The only things of interest are:
    • 1 Coupon for a Free C-store T6 Ship
    • 2 Experimental Ship Upgrade Tokens
    • 2 Ship Slots
    • Scimitar

Even the 2 ship slots, I would be happy with just the one. And a bit of smart design would allow the ship to be upgraded without the need for the Upgrade tokens so you have 2 free for other ships.

As a few others stated, 75% discount at Least though I'd have to say the bundle is worth 2k zen.. maybe..

K, that's my 2 cents worth.. Ahahaha

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

[*] TOS Era Romulan Uniform
    [*] TNG Era Romulan Uniform
    [*] Reman Uniform
    [*] Reman Species

Oh yeah.

Since a lot of longtime-players already have those, it would have been nice if there'd be a dynamic discount that reduces the price for any item already owned. Buuuuuut that's not gonna happen, sadly.

Don't worry tho, I'm sure the bundle will at some point re-appear with 50% off.
  • Options
    des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Oh yeah.

Since a lot of longtime-players already have those, it would have been nice if there'd be a dynamic discount that reduces the price for any item already owned. Buuuuuut that's not gonna happen, sadly.

Don't worry tho, I'm sure the bundle will at some point re-appear with 50% off.

Would have to be 75% off at least. Even with the 35% discount, still looking at £50!!! Not worth it in my opinion. £10-£15 maybe.. £20 at a push.

And Better design planning would have integrated the 6 universal consoles into the ship as with all 6 consoles slotted, you really "gimp" your setup!
    I tried ages ago for a laugh on my Kopesh & never again!

I mean C'mon - It's Legendary so make it "LEGENDARY"

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

des101 wrote: »
    Would have to be 75% off at least.

We had this happen before with bundles, even MUDD-bundles. BUT. This was like once or twice during STO's lifetime (but fairly recently). I say that's not impossible, but I would also not count on it.

des101 wrote: »
    And Better design planning would have integrated the 6 universal consoles into the ship as with all 6 consoles slotted, you really "gimp" your setup!

Well, if they started doing that now they'd have to retroactively do that for any of the multi-bundle ships too.
    And frankly, it's not so bad. Usually I can integrate the two best consoles of a set to at least get some neat gimmick, or a decent 2-piece-set-bonus. But yeah, those old 3-part- and 4-part sets should be reworked somehow. Right now you always have to decide if you want to either go with all the gimmicks or with overpowered stats.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    No it wouldn't happen, because Mudd-Bundles are different. And these are not Mudd's bundles.

Last years Black Friday was 25% off, though you also saw a charge bonus reward. Sometimes they offer 35% though again on Legendary Ships, so you could save your ZEN and wait.

That's likely the best hope they have. I just wished they offered two 6000 ZEN options with each individual Ship, even if it lost the 100% off one T6 Ship. For those who can't afford the larger bundle yet still want to support Cryptic.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    So let me get this straight I'm expected to pay $70 for 80% of stuff I already own just to get a new ship?!...Yeah no thanks.
    Predatory tactics at it's worst.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    gypsydanger1gypsydanger1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    where can i claim my 2 additional ship slots?
    i got the experimental tokens and the T6 coupon as item, but no ship slots... :(
  • Options
    i got the experimental tokens and the T6 coupon as item, but no ship slots... :(

They were automatically applied to the character that bought the bundle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    trenthowelltrenthowell Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    So let me get this straight I'm expected to pay $70 for 80% of stuff I already own just to get a new ship?!...Yeah no thanks.

You get 2 Legendary ships and a T6 ship for $70

so 3 ships for the price of 2 and some change....big rip off
    and for someone that didn't have the T6 Scim or DD anyway....yea I jumped on it
  • Options

Well... they also have 3 uniforms, the T6x upgrade tokens, a free T6 ship token, 2 free ship slots, a species unlock...

So honestly... at $70 for all that is a steal. While granted most of us veterans will have most of that (uniforms and species unlock) the rest are still a pretty good deal on sale.
  • Options
    gypsydanger1gypsydanger1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

They were automatically applied to the character that bought the bundle.

ah okay^^ thx
  • Options
    discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Well... they also have 3 uniforms, the T6x upgrade tokens, a free T6 ship token, 2 free ship slots, a species unlock...

So honestly... at $70 for all that is a steal. While granted most of us veterans will have most of that (uniforms and species unlock) the rest are still a pretty good deal on sale.

Except it's closer to $80 (and that's on sale).

If it were $70 I would probably get it. But the problem is that you can't just buy $78 worth of zen. You have to buy $50, then $20, then $10

• Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User

Well I wouldn't have a problem if you could just buy the ship separately to complete the set rather than be forced to buy an entire bundle for a reskin and 1new model.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I do think it is a shame & sort of a swing & a miss that Cryptic didn't introduced that Romulan uniform that I've seen mentioned many times, it would've been a much wanted & cool addition.

Cryptic really should make the Ship Slots dispersible account-wide instead of all 2 going to 1 toon in this example & all 4 or 6 going to 1 toon like they did for the 11th anniversary bundle, that's just bad Cryptic customer service.

A bit better for all Scimis not just the Lego that Cryptic boosted the Thalaron Pulse damage.

I was hoping for a zen purchase boost but instead a 20% off ship sale so I didn't even have to consider buying this round.

Hope all that buy enjoy the ships.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Yeah, the Scimitar is great! But like so many other players have already mentioned... As an almost 10 year veteran, it's a bit of a slap to those of us who already own everything but the ships...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    20 TFOs later, I finally saw my first (legendary) D'D during Peril Over Pahvlo. It blew up 3 times and couldn't turn to face enemies coming from the other direction while defending Gamma

Looked nice, though.

I just don't understand how it can be so bad. The Scimitar turns better, has a better weapons layout, better console layout (even factoring in the extra the D'D gets, the scim can have 6 tac consoles compared to the D'D 5), better Boff layout, and has a hangar.

The only advantage the D'D has is a somewhat better hull modifier, 1.55 to 1.4
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    20 TFOs later, I finally saw my first (legendary) D'D during Peril Over Pahvlo. It blew up 3 times and couldn't turn to face enemies coming from the other direction while defending Gamma

Looked nice, though.

I just don't understand how it can be so bad. The Scimitar turns better, has a better weapons layout, better console layout (even factoring in the extra the D'D gets, the scim can have 6 tac consoles compared to the D'D 5), better Boff layout, and has a hangar.

Actually its not bad at all. It's what you make out of the ship...

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options

Looked nice, though.

The turn rate is actually better than the normal C-Store at a base of 6, which matches the base turn rate of the T6 Galaxy. The base turn rate of the normal C-Store D'D is only 5.
    The issue is probably the build on the ship. You can have the absolute best ship in the game, but that doesn't mean squat if you have a bad build on it. Think of it like having the absolute best muscle car body, but under the hood hides a lawnmower engine. LOOKS nice, but ain't gonna perform.

And don't forget that Legendaries can look like normal ones as well if you're only looking for the unique hull material, so if you had ANY D'Deridex warbirds in any of those runs, there's a chance it might be a Legendary.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    if you had ANY D'Deridex warbirds in any of those runs, there's a chance it might be a Legendary.
    This is especially true for the DD since the legendary is just a decal instead of an actual unique model.

I personally am a bit frustrated by the low effort some Legendaries have received. Don't get me wrong I loved the Terran decals they put on the Gal-X, but imo it really deserved to have the Ross parts ported over as well (which wouldn't have required much extra modeling, just a central pylon for the third nacelle, dorsal cannons, and a spinal lance). The Defiant and D'D feel like the devs had no idea what to do so they just slapped a decal on the canon model and called it a day.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.