test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ThomastheCat on 15-min pod episode to talk STO/ 25th Century Ship Designs

bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User

Get a link to listen here: https://shiptalkingpod.com/links

Or just search 'ship talking pod' in any pod/music streaming app

Or here is the mp3 to DL/stream: https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/jcytfs/ShipTalking_ShuttleScuttle_Ep10.mp3

nVE9y9T.jpeg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Thanks Branflakes! Will listen to that later!

And keeping my eye out for a Nova class discussion ;)

I KNOW! Instead of OberthPlz, I tweet NovaPlz just for you <3
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I'm thinking the Protostar will be the T6 Nova. Thanks for the MP3 link since when I'd looked (from the Twitter link) all I saw were pay subscription options. I somehow didn't find the page you linked above. :)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I'm thinking the Protostar will be the T6 Nova. Thanks for the MP3 link since when I'd looked (from the Twitter link) all I saw were pay subscription options. I somehow didn't find the page you linked above. :)

I hope not, considering the Protostar is almost certainly going to be a "premium" ship priced far beyond what the average gamer can afford. In the extremely unlikely off-chance that they do make it a normal C-store T6 that is kitbash compatible with cleaned-up Nova/RI parts then it would be great, but as I said that possibility is so remote that it can be safely ignored.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    All I get are subscription pay pages also...

Anyone have pics/screens of any new stuff?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble

The only pay subscription option we have is Patreon, which has expanded content, but all our public/wide-release episodes are free on all platforms. Can you share where you saw in the twitter link that had to pay? I'm wondering if something fishy is going on (unless you went to the threaded tweet and maybe clicked on the patreon link instead of the public one?)

crm14916 wrote: »
    All I get are subscription pay pages also...

Anyone have pics/screens of any new stuff?

What do you mean mate? The links above are all free links (other than the patreon link) in the OP
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    :o
    BranFlakes? The CM legend himself from when I joined STO just before F2P?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Okay, so the first link at the top (right under the header) says "Click here to View"... That's the one that asks me to be a paying customer...

The other images below are what I assume I am supposed to click on, but I don't recognize any of them except Amazon Music, and it asked me to download the app... I'll bring it up on PC later and see if it makes a difference...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    They just talked about “design language” of STO-era ships. You really aren’t missing anything.

The part where Thomas said Doug Drexler told him a story about meeting his hero Matt Jeffries was interesting. Jeffries said he was surprised by the success of Star Trek and the enduring popularity of his Enterprise design. And he was glad he didn’t realize it at the time because he would have second-guessed himself.

But thanks Bran and everyone for doing this. Even a boring fluff interview is better than no interview at all. It is nice service for the STO community.
This discussion has been closed.