test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty system daily XP limit.

whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
edited February 2021 in Duty Officer System and R&D
First I like to apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum. I just didn't see a place to make this request.

You most likely have heard this before but I would really like to see the daily XP limit removed. Like many of us who've been in this game for a long time we have a lot of ships.

Right now with the new Klingon event I am running my first Klingon. I have like 77 ships available for this system. I am criting like crazy. It's only taking me like two to three missions to fill the daily quota. Right now I'm in level 9 on the Klingon campaign and I can only do 10,000 XP a day because of this limit. Being a long time player this is kind of annoying. I feel like I hit a brick wall.

This being my first Klingon also means I don't have the resources I do on the FED side to level a character. On the FED side I have so many unbound duty officers that I can transfer them to other characters and I can do the the duty officer system in a week. That is sweet. Can't do that with the Klingon so I would appreciate if I can only do that with the admiralty system.

I also noticed as I'm leveling this Klingon that the availability of duty officers and even bridge officers on the exchange is thin to be kind compared to the federation side. Another thing I don't understand is why are there federation and Klingon only prisoners. I shouldn't prisoners just be prisoners. Granted I don't understand the reasoning behind making prisoners faction specific but I would think they shouldn't be.

Thank you for taking the time out to read this.

Comments

• majcyricmajcyric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I agree on the Admiralty part on the XP... Mainly during the +50% XP event because if they keep the XP daily Cap at the same cap amount without at least increasing the amount of the Capped XP that is allowed to be earned, then won't players just hit the XP Cap much sooner, taking only half the amount of Admiralty assignment tasks (half the XP)?

I also think I why you might be finding KDF Doffs/Boffs in "shorter supply" on the exchange..
    Which I think the disparity of availability of Doffs on the exchange between Fed and KDF mostly has to do with which Faction has a higher player base of players playing a given faction.. Before the KDF Recruitment event Most people would agree that most of the STO player base favors playing Fed over KDF, and of course most players so have a character in both factions though.. But they favor one over the other and also favors investing in one over the other.. So with more players tending to be opening Doff packs with their "favored" character when they open them (investing more in their mainly played faction), they tend to be Federation Doffs.. Leading to there being more listed on the exchange that are Federation than KDF..

Now when the KDF Recruitment event launched, there was a huge a shift in the playerbase suddenly playing a new KDF character, leading to a new sudden demand for KDF Doffs and Boffs by all the different players now trying to level up a new KDF character.. Who might be playing a KDF character for the first time, and their leveled up Fed character isn't able to send their new KDF any Doffs, leading to those players having to find whatever they can on the exchange so they can do Doff assignments and make XP to level up.. Making the "slim pickings" even slimmer (or at least the Doffs worth buying/using)...

I hope that the above paints an understandable picture as to why you might or do see a "shortage" of KDF Doffs/Boffs....
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Yes, I know supply in demand. I feel like I am practically living on Klingon Academy and buying DO boxes on the exchange.
  • imelchori42imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    yes, the CXP cap is one of those systems in this game that seems to be there to pad out content and slow your progression.

similar to the 8k dil cap per character each day. they could easily add a mission with an hourly cooldown for like a random tfo or something like that, that allows you to refine, say 500 extra dil.

i get it, some people play 16 hours a day and would power through some of the endgame content like crazy. but the same people are also circumventing the daily cap by just making more toons and refining the extra dil on secondary characters, then pool it together over the zen exchange.

if that is allowed or at least silently tolerated, they might aswell directly add systems where playing more allows you to progress a bit faster in the game.

i honestly keep running out of things to do every day because of those caps. its like an hour or so for all the daily tasks that feel like a completely brainless grind, and then im done and have no way to further my progression by just playing a little more because of all those caps similar to the admirality system CXP.

at some point sooner or later you already played through all the story episodes and then it seems like there is not much more to see in this game. the daily caps on the systems that disincentivize you from playing more past your dailies dont help with that at all.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    GUARDIANS OF THIS REALM I SUMMON THEE LADEN WITH HOLY PHOTONS TO BLAST THIS ZOMBIE TO THE NETHER REALM
  • imelchori42imelchori42 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    > @eazzie said:
    > GUARDIANS OF THIS REALM I SUMMON THEE LADEN WITH HOLY PHOTONS TO BLAST THIS ZOMBIE TO THE NETHER REALM

this thread is still relevant since the CXP cap still exists, unless you mean the mechnic itself.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    > @eazzie said:
    > GUARDIANS OF THIS REALM I SUMMON THEE LADEN WITH HOLY PHOTONS TO BLAST THIS ZOMBIE TO THE NETHER REALM

this thread is still relevant since the CXP cap still exists, unless you mean the mechnic itself.

This thread is more than 30 days old so therefore its a zombie necro. The only threads that don't apply to necro are support threads as well as a few others. BUT THIS FALLS UNDER THE NECRO RULE
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    away with ye zombieness (white lantern ring blast)
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.