test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3D Printing - What ships CAN be printed?

vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
Thought I'd see what was available in this today....and it seems out of my 10 or so characters, the only ship available to print is a shuttle? Am I doing something wrong....or are just none of the ship available this way? Do I need to unequip any special reputation equipment or something?

For something that appears to cost so much, it's really difficult to use or find any clear info on......
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Most ships should be able to be 3D Printed. At least that is the case on PC. I don't know if there's a 3D printing thing for console if that is the variable here.

Some might be excluded so as not to conflict with official products. But as far as I am aware that list is rather short.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Well, I checked the manufacturer site....and they show "uploaded ships" of the same class I have....but Mine has the button greyed....perhaps i'll try unequiping some items and see if that works....

Why? I don't know....as I doubt I'll spend the money to have one made..... lol
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    vedauwoo wrote: »
    Well, I checked the manufacturer site....and they show "uploaded ships" of the same class I have....but Mine has the button greyed....perhaps i'll try unequiping some items and see if that works....

Why? I don't know....as I doubt I'll spend the money to have one made..... lol

Are you on PC or console?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    PC.... One of the ships in question, for instance, is my Science guy's "Rhode Island" class ship....I have borg and nukara equipment on it....wondering if that is the issue? Seems like a basic enough ship....another I saw on the site that i cannot print is the klingon's "Bakaal (sp?)" Carrier......
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Borg stuff prints,as I've seen pictures prints of those posted elsewhere, so that probably isn't the issue. I don't think Nukara stuff has any issues either. Sometimes it has issues with transparent or floating bits, but a Rhode Island shouldn't have those. Not sure which carrier you're referring to, but the only carrier I know won't print is the Iconian one that's basically entirely floating bits.

Maybe post a screenshot of the customization screen?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    vedauwoo wrote: »
    PC.... One of the ships in question, for instance, is my Science guy's "Rhode Island" class ship....I have borg and nukara equipment on it....wondering if that is the issue? Seems like a basic enough ship....another I saw on the site that i cannot print is the klingon's "Bakaal (sp?)" Carrier......
    I did some testing, a stock Rhode Island is printable for me so since you mentioned borg equipment I switched to my borg themed character. My fully borged out Scimitar is NOT printable, however if I unequip the borg deflector it then allows me to print it. Is the deflector one of the pieces of borg equipment that you're using?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Seems to be bugged in general, as playing around with the new options for D'Deridex, the 3D print button remained greyed out the entire time. Probably contact support if you really want a ship print

Borg Deflector/engines/shields are printable as seen on this Reddit post: https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/jc3erg/game_print_of_borgified_excelsior_class_came_out/
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    This might not be the case in this particular situation, but sometimes the button will be grey because one or more specific parts can't be printed. If you hover over the button, I think it'll tell you what the problem is. (Actual bugs with the Gameprint function are another story altogether.)
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Just experienced the bug myself with a Shran and Temer. I thought it was related to the existing bug where the ship tailor doesn't load your current setup the first time, but it doesn't seem like it's related to that. If you swap ships and back that may fix the problem. (It just did with my Temer, at least temporarily. The button actually just got greyed out while /in/ the ship tailor after alt-tabbing to my browser window and back. It was enabled when I first went into the ship tailor this time. This has happened twice in a row with the Temer.)

Edit: Loaded my Legendary Defiant, went into ship tailor, button was enabled. I sat there and waited, watching the button, and it suddenly greyed out. So it seems like there may be a ship-agnostic bug with the 3D Print function. If you want to use it, setup your ship the way you want first, change ships and back, go into the ship tailor, and (assuming it loads the right parts setup) click 3D Print right away to do the upload. (I managed to upload my Temer as a test, even though I think the button got greyed out during the process.)
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I just wonder how very the Borg three-piece can be printed...can something that intricate be done well?
This discussion has been closed.