test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skip button not working

c0mpc0mp Member Posts: 57 Arc User
As of 21/06/21 none of the cut scenes or previously skippable dialogue scenes are able to be skipped. I have tried every combination of buttons including button mashing. Support suggested remapping the buttons ( Really, as if the divide between consoles and PC is bad enough). Just wondered if anyone else has come across this issue.

I am playing on the Xbox Series X and using an Elite series 2 controller. I have tried 3 different controllers and none are able to skip the scenes.

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    c0mp wrote: »
    Support suggested remapping the buttons ( Really, as if the divide between consoles and PC is bad enough).

This makes it clear that the support personel do not know how their game works on Console. There is no such thing as remapping the buttons on Console.
  • c0mpc0mp Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    here is the entire conversation w/support.

Private Correspondance redacted - Ratter

It definitely shows that the support team has no idea on the workings of the Console versions of the game. Some of the advice on other matters shows a complete lack of knowledge of both the Xbox and Playstation platforms.

But the overall issue of the un-skippable cutscenes and dialogue still remains.
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    See I knew it wasn't just me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    @c0mp posting PMs in public is against forum rules. Doesn't matter who they are from, even if they are GMs or Support. Just wanted to let you know for future reference.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • will#4752 will Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    c0mp wrote: »
    As of 21/06/21 none of the cut scenes or previously skippable dialogue scenes are able to be skipped. I have tried every combination of buttons including button mashing. Support suggested remapping the buttons ( Really, as if the divide between consoles and PC is bad enough). Just wondered if anyone else has come across this issue.

I am playing on the Xbox Series X and using an Elite series 2 controller. I have tried 3 different controllers and none are able to skip the scenes.

this has been reported on playstation too but as of yet not even acknowledged as per usual. the best we can think of is it has something to do with a recent pc update where they now have to hold down the escape button to skip. can`t imagine they`d leave that in for a format that doesn`t have an escape button.........
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    will#4752 wrote: »
    the best we can think of is it has something to do with a recent pc update where they now have to hold down the escape button to skip. can`t imagine they`d leave that in for a format that doesn`t have an escape button.........

Either you are being scarcastic, or you are putting way too much faith in the Cryptic dev team.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    @c0mp posting PMs in public is against forum rules. Doesn't matter who they are from, even if they are GMs or Support. Just wanted to let you know for future reference.

I apologise I forgot entirely. I will ensure this does not happen again.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    i can see them not allowing you to skip a cuttscene that you have never seen before but this is bs that a cutscene that has already been view before can not be skipped now.
    As of 6th August this issue still hadn't been addressed
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Have you tried holding down the usual button? (Circle, on PlayStation - not sure which on Xbox usually skips, but is it "B" ?)
    A wee indicator appears at the top-right of the screen saying 'skip' with a circle forming around it as you hold down the button.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Have you tried holding down the usual button? (Circle, on PlayStation - not sure which on Xbox usually skips, but is it "B" ?)
    A wee indicator appears at the top-right of the screen saying 'skip' with a circle forming around it as you hold down the button.

I'll give this a go later on, but it used to be you just clicked it and it skipped. They did mention this issue though they said they disabled the skip ability to fix and issues that could be caused by skipping, but as yet have not told us that they have or have not fixed it. I'll try your method, hopefully it works and they just didn't bother to tell use, again.
    Well I checked and nope, it doesn't work. Holding the B button, or any button for that does not bring up a skip option. So the option to skip is still broken and we still have no word as to what the issue was as to why they needed to disable it in order to fix it. Hope it happens so as some of those cut scenes go on for quite some time and I have missed getting into TFO Queues as the queue pops during the cutscene, but you are unable to join, so I do hope it is fixed soon.
  • mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    It used to be “Y” to skip the cutscenes.