test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need an Academy option on New Romulus

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
As per title.

New Romulus is supposed to be a homeworld like Earth or Qo'nos, yet it is still missing Academy services. An easy fix for this would be to simply add an Academy Liaison inside New Romulus Command. See the picture below (this back room console would be perfect for the Academy questions). The single Liaison could be coded for both Federation and KDF aligned characters to use (or if not, simply have two officers for each standing here, just like the Security Officers on DS9 - one Fed, one KDF).

33590206448_fe8f6be153_c.jpg

Clicking on the 'Talk' button shown above would lead into Academy dialog box stating, "Would you like to speak with Commander Viala about today's lessons?" Yes/No (the name and portrait changes to Loresinger Ch'toh for KDF aligned Romulans). This would then open up the standard Academy interface shown below. Connecting this way would prevent any sort of 'double dipping' by Romulan characters because it's the SAME interface (only accessed from New Romulus).

46551514275_b6318b9c45_c.jpg

This would be a HUGE quality of life fix for Romulan characters with very little effort from the Dev Team. They would no longer have to schlep all over the galaxy to get these things accomplished everyday - something their Federation and Klingon counterparts don't have to do.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Agreed
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    I rather we get a city built on New Romulus, while we should have an Academy, a City would make the planet feel and look more like a homeworld to the point I might visit it more than Qo'noS, it been 2 years in game and yet there's no buildings being erected, what has D'Tan been doing for the past 2 years, sitting on his TRIBBLE, I think we need a new change in leadership, Vote For Sela, she's the Proconsul who'll get things done and will build an Academy for young Romulans.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I've always wanted to see the Vulcan Science Academy added to Vulcan map in some area...
    0zxlclk.png
  • therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Homeworld’s should be built up and have all services accessible. If you can visit it, it should feel like “Home” and not just a barren wasted space wasteland.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Homeworld’s should be built up and have all services accessible. If you can visit it, it should feel like “Home” and not just a barren wasted space wasteland.

Exactly, why would my Rom want to stay at New Romulus it doesn't look like a home or feel like one.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    is this your second thread about this?
    i recall this being a topic some time ago. :)

most i think agreed back then as well.

Yep. Due to the somewhat moronic 'posts over a month old are no longer valid' rule, I have to keep increasing the storage used on the forum servers by starting a new thread on the same subject. :s
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

Exactly, why would my Rom want to stay at New Romulus it doesn't look like a home or feel like one.

The base area on New Romulus does feel like a "home", it just feels like a somewhat raw new and semi-rural one. I have lived in a brand new subdivision out in the boonies with no city water or sewage (everyone had wells and septic tanks), the yards were often still dirt and struggling new grass with a little tree out front that was like a pom pom on a broomstick, and was still being built outward from the core area my family was at that felt a bit like the Republic capital does in the game.

Besides, it is an entire planet and not an incredibly large population to cover it. On top of that, about half of the population does not even like to live on the surface, which cuts down the need for surface buildings even further.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    While I definitely agree about the Academy need, I would be glad just to have a Romulan DOFF recruitment terminal that ONLY gave Romulans/Remans. If I want "allied officers" (hint: I don't * ) I'll go to their worlds. I hate exchanging 5 Rare Romulans for 1 Super Rare... Nausicaan. And yes, I know the argument about Resolve. Seriously, if there was one race in STO that should have the Resolve trait, it's Romulans. We left our first homeworld, had our second one blown up, and we're still ticking.

* Except for allied chefs/bartenders. We call them "GALLEY slaves". Heh. My crew just LOVES exotic dining - my T'Liss's replicator menu is like Milliway's! Tonight's feature: Jambalaya and Gagh. Yum!
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    yes please! the romulans have to train their officers somewhere so add an academy to new romulus!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Well we really don't need a full blown Academy created on New Romulus (remember how limited our Dev team is now). Just adding a simple copy/paste contact that provides all Academy services would work great with only a miniscule amount of dev time needed.
This discussion has been closed.