test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Romulan Warbird bundle

Comments

• lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I usually try to support Romulan ships when they come out, but I'm not going to this time. I already own a good chunk of the stuff in it, so I can't see myself buying this pack unless it's discounted at least 75%
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    The Scimitar variants are fun...but this feels a bit lackluster. 11th and New Genesis packs at least have new/(otherwise) hard to acquire items, but this does feel rather "slap in the face" to say the least.

Maybe...
    Romulan Nemesis/Reman Resistance uniforms?
    Nanite Disruptor update (Omni/Wide Arc)?
    Tal Shiar Scorpion Fighter Squadron?
    Acamarian, Suliban, or Dewan species unlock?
    A bit more Tac BOff room and higher Impulse modifier on the ADW & a bit more Sci BOff room and turn rate on the "Unity" (Rihan speakers couldn't be reached, I suppose)?
    Innate Scimitar abilities on the DW?
    Updated Leahval skin for the DW, and a prototype skin ala Yesterday's Enterprise for the DD?
    "I.R.W." registry unlock?

Just a fanboy's rambling brainstorming...but what I see currently presented isn't very appealing. :/
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    I do think the added items are lacking some of them I got in other bundles... Like the legacy of Romulus bundle. Maybe the Zhat Vash vanity shield would have been a nice inclusion. I'm having hard time thinking of thing with in the game that they could have included. A mirror romulan/ramen vanity shield or skin for romulan ships would have been nice, but I'm not sure if it exists. Though I guess a alternate stat fighter squadron, like adapted scorpion fighters would have been cool addition. I would have prefered small amount of lobi to the costumes and reman unlock to the ones I unlocked from the Legacy bundle.

• ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @cryptkeeper0 said:
    > I do think the added items are lacking some of them I got in other bundles... Like the legacy of Romulus bundle. Maybe the Zhat Vash vanity shield would have been a nice inclusion. I'm having hard time thinking of thing with in the game that they could have included. A mirror romulan/ramen vanity shield or skin for romulan ships would have been nice, but I'm not sure if it exists. Though I guess a alternate stat fighter squadron, like adapted scorpion fighters would have been cool addition. I would have prefered small amount of lobi to the costumes and reman unlock to the ones I unlocked from the Legacy bundle.

I was actually hoping for the plasma weapons set from Mudds store....seems like an ideal addition along with maybe a uniform and vanity shield unlock.
    Instead we get a bunch of items that many already have with no discount for already having them.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Yeah, that's all well and good but what are the stats? Especially the turn rates - hopefully they un-crippled the D'deridex.​​

Nope...not at all unfortunately...still handles slightly better than a Sarcophagus and still as slow as massive carriers like the Voquv
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    The Legendary Scimitar got a +0.5 turnrate and +10 Inertia boost, and disappointingly the Leg. D'D did not. Turnrate bump was probably the most requested buff to the D'D, and at minimum they could've thrown us a bone with a higher Inertia so that using turnrate boosts isn't quite as bad. What's worse, that shouldn't be the definitive top turnrate for STO, as the Fleet Tier 5 D'D has 5.5 turn. I wonder how fine of data collection they have, as when I scrolled down to the turn section of the D'D, I just closed the tab on my phone.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    True, but Bort's new criteria would seemingly disqualify the Nova until after a normal T6 version is released.

Which is never since the ship artist hates it and reserves his time for ships he personally likes.

I'm surprised there's no Mogai in it. It debuted in the same movie as the Scimitar. And unlike the Scimitar, it actually seemed a more regular design, suggesting that it was older and more widely used.

The lack of a Mogai was surprising and disappointing. If they wanted to make this pack worth $120, drop all the bloat and add a 3rd ship. But no, that would be too close to an actual good value and these pirates would never do that.

I have always since day 1 on this forum defended Cryptic's right to make money. I have never seen the desire to have their business be profitable as being wrong, I still don't. But not even I can condone these tactics, everything in this game is over priced and over monetized, rather it's gambling packs or overpriced 'legendary' bundles, I just can't get on board with these tactics.

This bundle is a poor value, just like all of them. Pass.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    I'm surprised there's no Mogai in it. It debuted in the same movie as the Scimitar. And unlike the Scimitar, it actually seemed a more regular design, suggesting that it was older and more widely used.
    The difference is that the Scimitar was the main focus ship of the movie, whereas the Mogai was a ship that barely showed up in the movie at all.

Its like asking for a Legendary Kelvin D7... when the ship was barely seen as a blurry computer simulation in a short part of the movie. The movie it debuted in has little to determine its legendary status. Its the fame/presence of the ship that matters.

The Mogai was a trash/mook ship akin to many of the lesser Federation designs. And people have been pointing out for quite awhile that it doesn't make sense for it to be a legendary ship.

'Legendary', the way it is used by Cryptic, would at least suggest that something has a noteworthy history. How's that possible when the original design of the Scimitar did little except blowing up in its first major engagement?

The way the Mogai was represented, it could be similar to the Excelsior: serving as the backbone of the Romulan fleet - as it was the only type of ship to show up against the Scimitar. I'd say that status warrants a legendary status more than just the fact that a ship like the Scimitar was unique, considering that didn't really help it achieve anything.

Besides all that: in the original legendary bundle there were multiple Consitution class ships. Are these all 'remarkable enough to be famous; very well known' (to use the literal definition of 'legendary') when most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between at least some of these?

Not to mention that multiple other 'legendary' designs deviate notably from the original designs - you know, the ones that were actually famous.

As much as I like the 10th Anniversary bundle, history shows us that there's hardly any good reason why (and how) some ships are included and others are not.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    The difference is that the Scimitar was the main focus ship of the movie, whereas the Mogai was a ship that barely showed up in the movie at all.

Its like asking for a Legendary Kelvin D7... when the ship was barely seen as a blurry computer simulation in a short part of the movie. The movie it debuted in has little to determine its legendary status. Its the fame/presence of the ship that matters.

The Mogai was a trash/mook ship akin to many of the lesser Federation designs. And people have been pointing out for quite awhile that it doesn't make sense for it to be a legendary ship.

'Legendary', the way it is used by Cryptic, would at least suggest that something has a noteworthy history. How's that possible when the original design of the Scimitar did little except blowing up in its first major engagement?

It's also includes the ship's history in the context of this game. That is why the Odyssey was included in the original Legendary bundle, because it is the Fed flagship in STO's time period. With that in mind, the Scimitar is also the flagship for the New Republic.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User

Updated stats in the Legendary D’deridex, as a result of additional internal review, prompted in part by player feedback. Hull, Turn, Impulse, and Inertia will all see small improvements.

I mean it better, you have to be deaf to not know the biggest complaint the D'D has always had is that it has a turn rate of 5 which is beyond awful. Can kinda live with a 4/4 engi heavy ship (which still sucks btw..) but turn of 5 has always been the nail in the coffin for the D'D.

Hopefully small means more than a boost to 5.5..
    jozen#9312 wrote: »
    It's far past time that Cryptic:

1) gave proportional discounts for stuff you already own

2) gave loyalty discounts or upgrade discounts

Legendary or no, the D'Deridex is a garbage skow. I own all current versions. They suck.

Of what value is a legendary scimitar? I can already get all of it's skills, I already have all three variants.

for what reason under the stars can I justify a 120USD purchase?

This zen store is out of control price-wise. The marketers have a strange idea of "bonus material" it is supposed to be an incentive to buy your overpriced product, not an invitation to charge more

*edit unintentional emoji

Well said.

These prices are outrageous.

I actually bought the original legendary pack because there were many new skins for existing ships plus all existing variants of those in the package - and tons of traits, consoles and bonus unlocks like unique weapons and hangar pets. Thus far I haven't been sufficiently enthused to buy any of the other legendary packs.

A new skin for two ships and some minor variations in their Boff layout (plus some minor stuff) aren't enough to justify these prices. These things ought to be offered with the original ships (T6 D'd and Scimitar pack), which are already as expensive as an entire computer game.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... hopefully I'll be able to afford them. I don't have ANY variant of the Scimitar.
    We'll find out the price tomorrow, but it sounded like a pricey bundle:

Two legendary ships
    T6 ship coupon (utterly useless imo)
    two ship slots
    all the C-Store Romulan and Reman uniforms
    playable Remans
    And I think there was some other fluff too

Yeah. It's not a matter of "if" I can afford them. It's a matter of me not wanting all of that other junk, and therefore not wanting to spend over a certain amount on the things I actually do want.

Also, there is an extremely large difference between a legendary version of a ship that was previously ONLY available in a lockbox/promo pack (like the various connies, D7, T'liss, etc) and a legendary version of a regular C-store ship.

IMHO the value of a legendary DD or Scimitar is FAR less than the value of a legendary connie/D7/T'liss for that reason alone.

I'm just sad we don't get a break for owning all the skins that come with the Scimitar because we bought them already on the T5 triple pack.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Yeah this new bundle is beyond bad, I ALREADY bought the first pack of Scimitars, then bought the second pack of scimitars, and you're essentially selling them again? plus 1 somewhat different ship, and new ship trait? All of the previous Legendary bundles had at least variants of uncommonly owned items or additional traits or devices.
    You mean besides the fact the ship was THE villain ship of the movie, brought the Enterprise to its metaphorical knees, and was only defeated through them literally ramming the ENT into the ship, and Data sacrificing himself to blow up the Thalaron generator? Its like asking how the Miranda class was legendary in Wrath of Khan.
    The way the Mogai was represented, it could be similar to the Excelsior: serving as the backbone of the Romulan fleet - as it was the only type of ship to show up against the Scimitar. I'd say that status warrants a legendary status more than just the fact that a ship like the Scimitar was unique, considering that didn't really help it achieve anything.
    Could be? Maybe, but we don't know that since it only showed up for like 4 minutes total in the movie. Headcanon is not justfication.
    Besides all that: in the original legendary bundle there were multiple Consitution class ships. Are these all 'remarkable enough to be famous; very well known' (to use the literal definition of 'legendary') when most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between at least some of these?
    I mean yes? The Connie is THE most iconic ship in all of Star Trek, and every single one has been the main hero ship of the show/movie its been in, or at least played a massive role like the DSC Connie did in Discovery. There is no such thing as a non legendary Connie.
    Not to mention that multiple other 'legendary' designs deviate notably from the original designs - you know, the ones that were actually famous.
    Which has nothing to do with the ship class being legendary in the first place.
    As much as I like the 10th Anniversary bundle, history shows us that there's hardly any good reason why (and how) some ships are included and others are not.
    History shows that all of the ships made Legendary so far had a pretty good reason for being made so. Aka, mostly main hero ships of the TV shows/movies, and the most reoccurring/famous ships of other factions like the T'liss, D'deridex, Scimitar, B'rel, etc. The Mogai is about as legendary as the Klingon Somraw raptor from ENT... aka not at all.

There's no legendary Miranda either.

It has nothing to do with headcanon. The Mogai was the only other design used by the Romulan fleet in that movie and better represented, i.e. more in use by the Romulan fleet.
    I mean yes? The Connie is THE most iconic ship in all of Star Trek, and every single one has been the main hero ship of the show/movie its been in, or at least played a massive role like the DSC Connie did in Discovery. There is no such thing as a non legendary Connie.

You're missing the point. Read again. You said that fame determines a ship's legendary status. A ship cannot be famous three times over if the average person (or even the average fan) wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.
    Which has nothing to do with the ship class being legendary in the first place.

Except you just said so. Fame determines legendary status, that's what you said. The new designs added by Cryptic aren't famous when created.

Anyway. I know how this would continue: you're going to keep contradicting yourself, coming up with some criterion that you'll then disregard or treat as non-important when people prove it to be invalid by pointing out that Cryptic itself hasn't even been adhered to it - and you'll just repeat the same rhetoric while trying to divert attention from that tactic through all sorts of cheap accusations that are supposed to prove that your opinion is superior to someone else's. Simply because you must defend Cryptic.

And I'm going to keep getting tired of arguing with you because of all that. Hence why I won't bother to read your reply.

It's also includes the ship's history in the context of this game. That is why the Odyssey was included in the original Legendary bundle, because it is the Fed flagship in STO's time period. With that in mind, the Scimitar is also the flagship for the New Republic.

That could've been a good argument, were it not that this only shifts back the problem.

Cause why did they pick the Scimitar as the Romulan flagship? They could've picked the Mogai to lead the Romulan fleet... It doesn't change the fact that it's an arbitrary decision, it only pushes back the moment the arbitrariness was introduced.

And as far as I know (but I could be wrong as I don't really follow the releases of Klingon ships) there's no legendary Bortas'qu either. And this is still supposed to be the year of Klingon.

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »

Updated stats in the Legendary D’deridex, as a result of additional internal review, prompted in part by player feedback. Hull, Turn, Impulse, and Inertia will all see small improvements.

I mean it better, you have to be deaf to not know the biggest complaint the D'D has always had is that it has a turn rate of 5 which is beyond awful. Can kinda live with a 4/4 engi heavy ship (which still sucks btw..) but turn of 5 has always been the nail in the coffin for the D'D.

Hopefully small means more than a boost to 5.5..

This is the second time this year they've had to make pre-release buffs to Legendary ships after getting a negative response to the reveal. Bort is a great dev and I don't want to seem like I'm putting him down or anything, but I kinda miss Jett building the ships.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User

That could've been a good argument, were it not that this only shifts back the problem.

Cause why did they pick the Scimitar as the Romulan flagship? They could've picked the Mogai to lead the Romulan fleet... It doesn't change the fact that it's an arbitrary decision, it only pushes back the moment the arbitrariness was introduced.

And as far as I know (but I could be wrong as I don't really follow the releases of Klingon ships) there's no legendary Bortas'qu either. And this is still supposed to be the year of Klingon.

I agree that the Bortas'qu not being in klingon pack was a huge missed opportunity, to give klingons a dreadnought or juggernaut. But I don't agree that the mogai is legendary, even if I do like the design quite abit and wouldn't have minded if there was a legendary of it. If we do get one of a nebula or prometheus class, then why not mogai. But most of the ships given legendary versions were big iconic antagonists or protagonist ships.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The point is not whether you or I agree with the decision. The point/fact is simply that the Scimitar is the New Republic's flagship. And as such, it is legendary in this game's story just like the Odyssey. I also agree there should be a Legendary Bort for the same reason.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    To be fair, I would still stay the Bort is viable as the flagship of the Klingon Empire, and a counterpart to the Odyssey and Scimitar.

As for the Miranda... possible, and could be a way to bring in the Pioneer as well? I mean they did add the Malachouski class to the Light Cruiser line with the Clarke, and they did seem interested in exploring the possibility of adding the Pioneer somehow in the future. The main issue is making a TOS Miranda that hasn't already been done by fans or other games.

@fleetcaptain5#1134 @somtaawkhar
    Please stop taking potshots at each other.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    True, but Bort's new criteria would seemingly disqualify the Nova until after a normal T6 version is released.

Which is never since the ship artist hates it and reserves his time for ships he personally likes.

The lack of a Mogai was surprising and disappointing. If they wanted to make this pack worth $120, drop all the bloat and add a 3rd ship. But no, that would be too close to an actual good value and these pirates would never do that.

I have always since day 1 on this forum defended Cryptic's right to make money. I have never seen the desire to have their business be profitable as being wrong, I still don't. But not even I can condone these tactics, everything in this game is over priced and over monetized, rather it's gambling packs or overpriced 'legendary' bundles, I just can't get on board with these tactics.

This bundle is a poor value, just like all of them. Pass.

I lost all hope in this game since the first temporal recruitment, when the Entreprise was not purchasable in the c-store but was in an awful gamble box. And now, if I want a TOS ship, I must pay a ridiculous price (exchange) or buy a bundle, full of stuff that I don't need or want.
    I would like that cryptic makes a lot of money; more money = more content, but some practices aren't acceptable.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Pretty sure the decision on the Connie was by decree of CBS, which means it was out of Cryptic's hands in the first place.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...not even a 50% release of bundle sale...only 35%. Yeah that's not a bitter pill at all for Romulans.
    Yeah 35% is disappointing given the price, my only hope is that there's also a zen charge bonus on top of it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Well I guess I didn't see the new stats already posted. Stats are a bit better but yeah will see how it turns out when actually flying it.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
This discussion has been closed.