test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Failed to verify Microsoft login.

I have been playing on Xbox for over a month and today I am unable to login. It gives me the message "Failed to verify Microsoft Login". I am able to play all my other games. I was able to play yesterday. Is this a known issue?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." -Gene Roddenberry

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    This sounds much more like an Xbox issue since the game isn't developed or published by Microsoft.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Have you tried restarting your Xbox? As many of these kinds of login problems, especially after game updates, are solved by doing so.

I'm now playing on the new Series X machine, and while in-game loading times are faster generally, (which is great) I'm finding I'm getting more random crashes to dashboard, with 'unable to login' messages when I try to return to the game. Much worse than when I used my old Xbox One. If I reboot the machine, I find I can login again just fine.

Other, newer games I'm playing haven't had this problem, so I don't think it's a fault with the Series X itself. Maybe just a bit of a conflict with the way STO works.
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I'm now playing on the new Series X machine, and while in-game loading times are faster generally, (which is great) I'm finding I'm getting more random crashes to dashboard, with 'unable to login' messages when I try to return to the game. Much worse than when I used my old Xbox One. If I reboot the machine, I find I can login again just fine.

Other, newer games I'm playing haven't had this problem, so I don't think it's a fault with the Series X itself. Maybe just a bit of a conflict with the way STO works.

Make sure you actually quit the game at the Xbox home screen, especially if there are other accounts used on the xbox. The New Resume feature does not work well with Star Trek Online which is why you maybe getting the unable to login message, at least that is what happens to me. Once you exit the game make sure you Quit it, before shutting the xbox down for the night. As for the randon crashes to dashboard, yeah well that's happening a lot and I'm fairly sure it is an overheating issue with these new Xboxes, as the old one never crashed this much.

• Options
    lenonnlenonn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I was getting the error yesterday, but today it worked fine. Whatever went wrong got fixed in the past 24 hours.
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User

Make sure you actually quit the game at the Xbox home screen, especially if there are other accounts used on the xbox. The New Resume feature does not work well with Star Trek Online which is why you maybe getting the unable to login message, at least that is what happens to me. Once you exit the game make sure you Quit it, before shutting the xbox down for the night. As for the randon crashes to dashboard, yeah well that's happening a lot and I'm fairly sure it is an overheating issue with these new Xboxes, as the old one never crashed this much.

Yikes! I'd not realised there was a 'quit' option. I'd been cancelling the 'auto resume' of STO by loading the title screen of another game. Good to know - thanks for that. It's annoying if the increased random crashes are an overheating issue. I couldn't give my monolith any more ventilation than it already has!