test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uniform discussion

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
What uniforms that's not currently in game that you want added, Personally I would Like Romulan Nemesis uniforms and Andorian Imperial Guard uniforms.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Well, I'd still like to be able to wear swimming costumes off Risa, since we can wear Winter Gear outside of Q's Winter Wonderland...

There's Species 6339's glowing suits, the Antedeans robes, the "Justice" outfits...with the playable Borg character, the ability to have just a red glowing spine and no thorax. Janeway's VERY 1996 cream blazer, Tuvok's beanie and actually, Braxton's dirty old tramp look. Ooh...Q's outfit?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    1) Picard 2385 (both season 1 and season 2 versions)
    2) Romulan Nemesis
    3) NX hat (preferably without the number or with several number options available)
    4) NX Excursion uniform
    5) NX Excursion jacket
    6) NX Dress uniform
    7) NX Admiral uniform
    8) Disco Constitution (including skirt)

maxresdefault.jpg
    YLD6wppiFg3kZpbAvgGzNV.jpg
    Donatra_(Commander).jpg
    6951-1532336916.jpg
    23262836432_f02c134384_n.jpg
    EWTbBZBWkAAeMW-.jpg
    Gr4JRRk.jpg
    0ef09f4c-c0d8-4d16-84f7-e2d9542bc5de.jpg
    tw-ent-uniss.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    That Picard season 2 admiral uniform is the 2399-2400 version isn't it? I'd still want it though
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2021
    Regardless there all very nice suggestions to see added as Uniforms, and be nice to see a few in CSTORE as Uniform unlocks for 500 ZEN or even 550 ZEN. I heard they released the Khan uniform on Console for 550.

Still I'd even consider new uniforms worthy of 700 ZEN if the quality &/or appearance was very Nice. I'd also welcome some older uniforms slightly improved, even if they slightly increased their price a bit...

Or perhaps a few could instead be only purchased for the equivalent DIL, in the Dilithium Store! I mean that give a sink for sure, and require some to buy more DIL as well for several of these, or not trade away they DIL they have. Both of these options helps benefit a reduced DZE rate either way!
    westmetals wrote: »
    seconded on all the NX stuff, especially the hat (and it being customizable)

Yea I'd love to change it to NX-xxxxx or NCC-xxxxx/A/B/C/ to Z perhaps.

o:)

And thank you @evilmark444 for sharing those images, always nice to see people who love &/or appreciate Star Trek!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    spiritborn wrote: »
    That Picard season 2 admiral uniform is the 2399-2400 version isn't it? I'd still want it though
    It's different from both uniforms shown in Season 1, so it's not clear yet what it is. Could be an alternate universe variant, a dress uniform, or something else.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    The Picard Uniforms are currently the ones I would want. I also wish they would revisit the current tailor and make some of the non Fed Outfits actually useable as Uniforms. Like the Ferengi stuff. Maybe broaden the KDF Color Pallett's a bit? Oh and Rios's Pimp Hat as a Uniform Option!
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    what about the Qowat Milat uniforms, sure it's usually an all female faction of Romulans, however a male could train in their ways but he could never truly be one of them.

ba165700b17c3abdcfd73c6bcd8febfc.jpg

e130c543cde05220a52a42f988391fad.jpg

b5d13e0cdc9904a5c74da5174217a9fd.jpg

edited August 2021
    what about the Qowat Milat uniforms, sure it's usually an all female faction of Romulans, however a male could train in their ways but he could never truly be one of them.

*snip*
    What's nice thing about those outfits is that they're not really strongly gendered except maybe the headgear so Cryptic wouldn't have to make a separate male and female versions. Also it's generic looking enough that you could use for a lot of things and not just as Qowat Milat outfit.
    Post edited by spiritborn on
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    What uniforms that's not currently in game that you want added, Personally I would Like Romulan Nemesis uniforms and Andorian Imperial Guard uniforms.

I've been wanting the Romulan Nemesis uniform since LoR...plus I don't think we have anything to match the uniform they wore in DS9/Voyager (tal shiar rank insignia being included)

tracking_the_tal_shiar_-_potential_images_-_1_-_message_in_a_bottle_option_1.jpg
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Obviously (my avatar) the Romulan nemesis / ENT uniform, what I want from the beginning, when the Romulans came out. But I think the Cryptic designer said in an interview that they would not work here, and a Romulan imperial uniform with similar elements (cubes) must be enough for us.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

ba165700b17c3abdcfd73c6bcd8febfc.jpg

e130c543cde05220a52a42f988391fad.jpg

b5d13e0cdc9904a5c74da5174217a9fd.jpg

I would like to have this costume, but like it will be in the lobi store or in the exchange sold, for a totally ridiculous price. I prefer to see it remaining a dream.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    Obviously (my avatar) the Romulan nemesis / ENT uniform, what I want from the beginning, when the Romulans came out. But I think the Cryptic designer said in an interview that they would not work here, and a Romulan imperial uniform with similar elements (cubes) must be enough for us.

It doesn't have to be perfect...they can make it like the RR uniforms, not actual cubes but a reflective design to make it look like cubes and add some colors to the palette. Even if it isn't the "official" uniform they could make something similar to it and I'd be happy, and of course include the belt and straps.
    edited August 2021
    lianthelia wrote: »
    tmassx wrote: »

It doesn't have to be perfect...they can make it like the RR uniforms, not actual cubes but a reflective design to make it look like cubes and add some colors to the palette. Even if it isn't the "official" uniform they could make something similar to it and I'd be happy, and of course include the belt and straps.

or the Tal Shiar shirts but without the pointy shoulder pads, nemesis shirts shoulders are smooth and not pointed.
  • protometal77#2604 protometal77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    While on the subject of uniforms. Why not make it so "male" Roms can wear beards and Fed Klingons to wear baldrics. Which I saw a toon in ESD a couple of days ago wearing a TOS/First Season TNG Worf sash. I don't how they accomplished that.

I play on PS4 only.
    I saw a toon in ESD a couple of days ago wearing a TOS/First Season TNG Worf sash. I don't how they accomplished that.
    The sash has been available exactly twice as a character unlock during TNG anniversaries.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    While on the subject of uniforms. Why not make it so "male" Roms can wear beards and Fed Klingons to wear baldrics. Which I saw a toon in ESD a couple of days ago wearing a TOS/First Season TNG Worf sash. I don't how they accomplished that.

I play on PS4 only.

there's a version of the TOS/Worf sash given as part of event, it's different from the one KDF character has, if you weren't around during that event there's no way to get that sash currently (for FED or FED allied toons that is) though it could be possible Cryptic will rerun that event at a later date.

I play on PS4 only.

there's a version of the TOS/Worf sash given as part of event, it's different from the one KDF character has, if you weren't around during that event there's no way to get that sash currently (for FED or FED allied toons that is) though it could be possible Cryptic will rerun that event at a later date.
    They've only done it for the TNG 25th and 30th anniversaries, unless they change things up the most likely time for it to be available again would be next year's 35th anniversary.
    eaY7Xxu.png

I play on PS4 only.

They've only done it for the TNG 25th and 30th anniversaries, unless they change things up the most likely time for it to be available again would be next year's 35th anniversary.

It's been that long already? God I feel old now.
    or the Tal Shiar shirts but without the pointy shoulder pads, nemesis shirts shoulders are smooth and not pointed.
    I think the pointed shoulders in STO uniforms are a call back to the early TNG Romulan uniforms that had over sized and padded to look somewhat pointed shoulders (due the IRL fashion of the time) though there were toned down as time went by and the Nemesis shoulders are essentially same style just without the excessive shoulder padding.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I never did like the bulky walking mattress style TNG used for Romulan uniforms, not only did they look silly, they were totally impractical in the tight confines of some of the smaller Romulan ships like the T'liss. The TOS mesh uniforms were way better, and the Nemesis ones reasonable as well.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Since this is "Star Trek Online" and they make their best effort to cobble together multiple media depictions across the board, I am fairly satisfied with what they have accomplished given the staggering obstacles to do so amidst the variety of "rights" issues that Cryptic must encounter before adding something else into this game.

That being said, I would actually prefer that they do more original costuming ideas for STAR TREK ONLINE. This version is unique enough and long lasting enough to merit a wider degree of wiggle room from CBS/Paramount surely? I get that things might still need to be approved, but we all know that any original stuff here would not likely become canon, so who at the network cares if Cryptic wants to freestyle our wardrobe somewhat?
    edited August 2021
    I got pretty close to the Romulan Nemesis design, I posted it up today on r/stocostumes. https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/comments/oz688t/romulan_nemesis_uniforms/
    I never did like the bulky walking mattress style TNG used for Romulan uniforms, not only did they look silly, they were totally impractical in the tight confines of some of the smaller Romulan ships like the T'liss. The TOS mesh uniforms were way better, and the Nemesis ones reasonable as well.

Yeah the only reason those uniforms looked like that was that 1980s fashion called for massive shoulders, you could sort justify it by saying that during the time RSE was in practical isolation their uniforms got changed into what looked impressive on parades rather then what was practical, it would also explain why that style was used only in TNG and possibly DS9 with VOY and ENT (as well as Nemesis) using a different more practical looking style.
This discussion has been closed.