test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    Good News above! Hopefully Al Rivera, and some of the other DEVs along with Andre have read 1-2 of the Forum more recent threads on Dilithium Sink's, or the similar subject Kaels asking for... ...be nice to see a few the players suggestions incorporated as well.

I also hope Kael doesn't just pass on idea's he thinks or good, yet organizes a conference call with the DEVs, and encourages them to read 1-2 of the recent threads prior, to discuss what they all thought were unique or interesting ideas too!

Yet here was something related not specifically about STO, just more Trek fan's speaking Dork (or SciFi Techie) about Lower Decks; Thomas offered a few insights he thought about the Ceritos or California Class. I don't think that means we'll see that Ship until closer to the Season wrapping up; yet that's speculation on my part, as they did that last year with the Titan.

Still the Season starts August 12th and probably runs mid October--if last year is an indication.

Still it makes an interesting discussion or debate for those who enjoy Lower Decks, as I did enjoy it and virtually the vast majority of all Trek new & old. It was actually a pretty fun and interesting episode considering it's only their 2nd podcast; hopefully they'll get a few more recent podcasts as Season 2 starts.

╘ click on https://linktr.ee/lowerdorks and click your player of choice, be it YouTube or what have you.

Enjoy!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    edited July 2021
    Tacofang's is back designing a Brig, I'll have to watch and see as work develops...

It's always nice to watch, started an hour later than planned, and still streaming now.

0zxlclk.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Given that Thomas had experience writing about ship specs and info for Eaglemoss, I think it'd be great if he were able to write some tech manuals for the current ships.

Looks like Tacofang's briging in some brings to our Starfleet ships. What a moment. Scratch that, and reverse it....

Looks like Tacofang's bringing in some brigs to our Starfleet ships. 😁
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    But will the interior have restrooms? XD
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited July 2021
    They've said these are for missions aboard 2410 Federation Starships, Starbase, or Facilities based on the 2410 Design based on a modular customizable KIT. This will allowing them to quickly tweak, layout, textures, or looks for various missions, to allow each Ship to have some more unique elements, textures, etc...

While I've hoped they may in time extend to Starship Interiors, nothing has been said to indicate that. :'(

I feel sorry for Q, stuck there bored in his cell unable to redecorate. :o

╘ I like the darker tone myself, just seems a bit more mellow, so captives aren't so intense.
    0zxlclk.png
    A stark white room as a prison cell, with bright light reflecting into your eyes is as close as having snowblindness. It's not a mercy to be placed in those kinds of cells.
    But will the interior have restrooms? XD

Considering they usually don't have zippers, and lack of restrooms.... Ugh. 😰
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    > @saurializard said:
    > But will the interior have restrooms? XD

Yes. The toilet is in one of the panels that comes out of the back wall. He didn’t model it though because it won’t actually be foreseeably used in the game.

Taco talked about it quite a bit in the stream and thinks the panel that Kirk sits on in brig in Star Trek V—seems to be a toilet. He mused that it’s function is not outright stated—but if it is a toilet it would be the only canonical toilet seen in Star Trek.

The other panels on the back wall are a sink, a sonic shower, and a “storage space.” Although I admit I am not sure what storage a prisoner needs.
    edited July 2021
    qultuq wrote: »
    >The other panels on the back wall are a sink, a sonic shower, and a “storage space.” Although I admit I am not sure what storage a prisoner needs.

Yea I never heard Sonic Shower, yet if someone provided the feedback on Twitter, I'm sure he'd likely accommodate that. Maybe they did, and I just missed it.

Sonic showers can work with some clothing on, so perhaps some storage is to place extra clothing temporarily.

Anyways...
    0zxlclk.png
    edited July 2021
    I mean, Kael is very clear (despite the odd off the cuff remark) it's made it gest, only because he can't comment and repeat's all the time...

I mean he's very consistent, that when ships get designed, or added is not his decision.

He's also not able to speak about ships currently in Development. At least till there's an approved teaser, or blog planned to announce it.
    0zxlclk.png
    While this was a few days ago, some may still not be aware of it.

0zxlclk.png
    He does speak, he's just not allowed to share news until they have decided to market it.

Completely two different things, and he did share news of the New Sci Vessel to Twitter 2-3 months before it released. The one that was bundled with the Multi-Mission Cruiser, though that was a surprise indeed. Still the vast majority of the time they wait until it's almost released.

Some don't like to smile. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    While this was a few days ago, some may still not be aware of it.

nice updates, but a tad too green for my likes. good job though!

The nice thing about the green being a patina instead of paint is that variations from ship to ship are expected so there is no one "right" shade.
    edited July 2021
    nice updates, but a tad too green for my likes. good job though!

Yea I did see the other thread in General Discussion, yet no one posted a side by side comparison that the Cat & Viper provided.
    The nice thing about the green being a patina instead of paint is that variations from ship to ship are expected so there is no one "right" shade.

Yea and you can still adjust the Material &/or Colors depending on choice, yet the shape inspires more accurate TNG feel.

Still very nice, as you both said.
    0zxlclk.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Also, before someone goes on about the Nova, this was his response to someone mentioning the Nova

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    'Stay tuned' means literally nothing, like everything else they've said about it.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited August 2021
    I still think it's a good sign! They did say in a few Ten Forward streams that some remastered Ships would be done, though in the past I think Thomas was referencing those with the new Material 7A Tier 6's.

Yet if they are planning a Tier 6 version of Rhode Island with a new skin, it likely make sense to remaster the Tier 5. Will we see it with the new MOD right away in the Fall, or 1-2 months afterward is unknown, yet hopeful for something this year!

I know he (Thomas the Cat) is working on the Pathfinder now which they were going to do with 7A Material, like the Garagin, Andromedia, and also the Valiant / Defiant... ...while other ships were hinted, till now it's largely been rumored.

I wonder if they may call the new Rhode Island rather than the Nova Class? Speculations Pulsar?

pulsar
    [ˈpəlˌsär]
    NOUN
    astronomy
    a celestial object, thought to be a rapidly rotating neutron star, that emits regular pulses of radio waves and other electromagnetic radiation at rates of up to one thousand pulses per second.

A nova (plural novae or novas) is a transient astronomical event that causes the sudden appearance of a bright, apparently "new" star, that slowly fades over several weeks or many months.

Might be a good fit, depending how they build the ship, may even be a favorite of many for a long while.

Li07m9j.png

Have a good day!
    0zxlclk.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know when they say 'stay tuned', I recall the Control Voice on the original Outer Limits:

'There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear.' ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    With targeted use of transporters, fresh clothes could be be
    strathkin wrote: »
    I still think it's a good sign! They did say in a few Ten Forward streams that some remastered Ships would be done, though in the past I think Thomas was referencing those with the new Material 7A Tier 6's.

Yet if they are planning a Tier 6 version of Rhode Island with a new skin, it likely make sense to remaster the Tier 5. Will we see it with the new MOD right away in the Fall, or 1-2 months afterward is unknown, yet hopeful for something this year!

I know he (Thomas the Cat) is working on the Pathfinder now which they he was going to do with 7A Material, like the Garagin, Andromedia, and also the Valiant / Defiant... ...while other ships were hinted, till now it's largely been rumored.

I wonder if they may call the new Rhode Island rather than the Nova Class? Speculations Pulsar?

pulsar
    [ˈpəlˌsär]
    NOUN
    astronomy
    a celestial object, thought to be a rapidly rotating neutron star, that emits regular pulses of radio waves and other electromagnetic radiation at rates of up to one thousand pulses per second.

A nova (plural novae or novas) is a transient astronomical event that causes the sudden appearance of a bright, apparently "new" star, that slowly fades over several weeks or many months.

Might be a good fit, depending how they build the ship, may even be a favorite of many for a long while.

Li07m9j.png

Have a good day!

My Cryptic-Senses have been tingling for a while. I've been sensing that they'll be arriving with the upcoming Mirror-Verse story arc.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021

I hope this means they are fixing the beam-in to the ship yard since the PC has had that problem for more than two months...

Nevermind—must be the bug where first city won’t load
    Post edited by qultuq on
    foxman00 wrote: »

Hmmm, is there devil food cake in the details?

With a cherry on top?

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited August 2021