test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"cannot skip" cut-scenes when press ESC button

I feel like if found a new bug when doing a recent mission when I pressed the ESC key instead of being able to skip the scene that I have skipped twice this year, doing the KDF recruit and Delta Recruit, A message popped up saying “Cannot Skip”. If I didn’t want to skip I wouldn’t be pressing the ESC button to skip this cut scene. I have seen every cut scene a dozen times with 30+ alts, Why did you make this change to waste everyone time?

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    No bug it has been done on purpose, as it is to do with people specs. Certain machines can load things faster than slower machines. There is a thread out there that detaiuls the reasoning why, but as of yet I have not found it. Will continue my search and update this post.

If anyone else comes across it please paste. TY

• qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    toadslayer wrote: »
    Why did you make this change to waste everyone time?
    You answered the question yourself.
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Hold down <Esc>.
  • ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Yeah it is stupid but i guess you they do it because the spent money on the cutscenes and the cost to hire the onscreen actors reprise their role via voiceover work. There is also no consistency with mirror lita hair cut the one with the mirror bajor the hair is a mess and she looks a bit off i don't what less muscular and tone but the later episodes especially the time related one her hair is neat and she is fit like active movie fighting form. so all that time travel she took her down time and did p90x or something i guess. She is no the only character that goes through changes that is no consistant. tasha yar is a bit off. Sela had like 3 or different versions of her head that was too weird head wise that did not look natural to pretty good by the end near the end of the iconion war and that side mission finding tasha's log. unless that models were hard coded to episodes i didn't see why their are major difference between the same character. the did a good job on seven and the voyager cast. seven only had a hair change but the rest the pretty much the same. i went off topic but yeah they changed it and probably in about 3 months the will change is back either by accident because of a patch due to an event or community outrage causes it to happen. you can't make everyone happy so everyone has to suffer to time waste. so i would suggest a fast forward button it moves the cut scene forward a bit if you hold it down it skips it complete. The idea brought to you by a elephant backside ton of console games.
  • yougetbanned#1188 yougetbanned Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    honestly utter waste of dev ressources.
    cutscenes which were skippable need now a 2sec pressdown of ESC.
    cutscenes which weren't skippable are still NOT skippable (formal signing in Time&Tide, initial rant on New romulus, initial briefing on voth, initial briefing on voth groundbattlezones etc.)
    this "feature" also apparently makes the mission maps loads slower almost stuck a while at 2 percent, then jumping to 35 something and then up to 100.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    This is a protection against breaking content.
    For certain single player missions, if you ESC too fast, the mission will not progress. Example: there's a blast door on the Disco story (the one you get to meet Red Angel when entering) that certainly will not open if you instant-ESC the cutscene. You can't do anything but start from the beginning.