test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recovering From Housefire. Finally back Online and Back on STO!

trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
Ya everyone this has been a horrible year for me. It seems that after breaking up with my Boyfriend for good this time he felt one house fire in my life wasn't enough and I needed to re-live the experience so he started smoking in bed and caught his bed on fire nearly trapping me in my room, behind a wall of flames. A friend risked his life to wake me up and get me out of my room or I would have been trapped and most likely succumed to smoke inhalation. Emotionally I'm a wreck. However it is nice to be back online soon enough to catch the tail end of this years summer event!

I'm loving all of the new missions and stuff to do and STO and my other games have been a Godsend to me during this awful period of my life. I wish to thank the Devs and everyone else with the game for all their hard work. And to all of you: The "Raptor Star" is back! See Y'all in game!

I'm convalescing at a girlfriends house and I'm safe here and the best pat is, it isn't a basement!!, lol. <3:)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Ouch... that is very rough. Glad to hear you're alright, and welcome back.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I cannot sympathize, but I am sorry for the situation you found yourself in. Glad to have you back and I hope your road to recovery (emotional and mental as well) is speedy!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Well...at least the fire was not started on PURPOSE. It wasn't on purpose...right?

Glad that you are okay and in a good place however. And welcome back.
    Actually to be honest though it wasn't ruled malicious I can't be sure. I just can't get past the smirkey look he had on his face that night after I got outside. Like he was proud of himself or something. Maybe it's just the PTST I dunno. Anyways, Thanks for the welcome back. :)

rattler2 wrote: »
    Ouch... that is very rough. Glad to hear you're alright, and welcome back.
    Thank you so much for the well wishes and the welcome back rattler2. It is appreciated. :)

crm14916 wrote: »
    I cannot sympathize, but I am sorry for the situation you found yourself in. Glad to have you back and I hope your road to recovery (emotional and mental as well) is speedy!

CM
    Thank you. I'm happy to be back and hopefully we will see you in game! :)

Actually to be honest though it wasn't ruled malicious I can't be sure. I just can't get past the smirkey look he had on his face that night after I got outside. Like he was proud of himself or something. Maybe it's just the PTST I dunno. Anyways, Thanks for the welcome back. :)

Well I suppose that is better than my ex GF who tossed a bottle of nail polish on the bed followed by a lighter. Noway that was not on purpose. Or is not knowing worse maybe? She has depression issues...amongst other things. What's funny is that we are still friends. Yeah...I may not be normal.

Normal? What's that eh?, lol. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Don't know the meaning of the word, lol. On a serious note: I'm sorry you had to go thru that.

For a woman not much scares me. As an ex DOD individual who was assigned to the air force a lot because I had a pilot's license When I crashed in 1991 and was burned over 63% (with some parts burned away mind you that had to be replaced) and I had to spend nearly 3 years in hospital learning how to walk, talk, eat, do everything backwards (I'm left handed) and live again also getting rebuilt, Ya, after that I had to add fire to that list. So ya, fire and Big, hairy 8 legged creatures will make me run like the girl I am. As for anything else, it messes with me at it's peril - no pun intended. The DOD trained me very well. But fire. 8 legged creatures, and ya, supernatural TRIBBLE like demonic stuff will make me run like a girl so this 2nd house fire freaked me out completely. So I do have some Idea of how you feel. During my first house fire all I cared about was getting my 3 girls out. I threw a dining room chair through my picture window but in that one I lost everything including all my pictures of me as a lil girl and of my kids as lil girls. it's TMI to talk about, sorry. Anyway, glad your safe and hope to see you in game!! :)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I'm with you on things with 8 legs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Good thing you didn't get bitten by a brown recluse then. My brother almost lost his thumb to one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    Good thing you didn't get bitten by a brown recluse then. My brother almost lost his thumb to one.

Had those things and something called a wood spider that made me wanna shoot it with my desert eagle in Fl crawling around all the time. Ya, Fl. is a stand your ground state too. Can you see me with an ffl permit holding a laser sighted desert eagle .44 magnum ex DOD agent explaining that one to local leo's "B'bbbbbbut officer it attacked me and I had to shoot it"? Yup, bet that one would entertain the barracks for weeks, lol. Those Camel Spiders tho are the worse. Used to use them for target practice with captured enemy AK's, lol. 1 foot across of hairy 8 leggedness EW! :)
    The camel spiders aren't really spiders and looks too far removed from them for me to get the irrational fear factor to kick in. Now those orb weavers in Australia that gets big enough to eat birds...yeah give me your desert eagle for those suckers. Giant spiders with spindly legs ticks all my ick factors. I get scared of tarantulas as well...but I can control that well enough to hold those at least with the stubbier legs. Not pleasant, but I can control my fears enough so they don't sense it and bite me...or I freak out and make sudden movement so it bites me.

They have 8 legs and they're hairy so they died. I know they are more like a scorpion than a spider but let's face it, we aren't splitting hairs here. 8 legs and big and hairy it dies, period. enough said!. Or, should I run like the girl I am now?, lol. Cause I will?
    I agree with ya on ticks, Ew! They have no reason to live, lol, Yuck!. Now I'm gonna have nightmares, lol.
    Hope to see ya in game tomorrow! :)
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Holy TRIBBLE! You are a survivor!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.