test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been suggested yet but what about trasding Dilithium for savage bundles. I'm always running out of savage for re-engineering and earning it in the 10's of thousands can be a slow time consuming process.

Trading dil for salvage is a good idea. I wouldn't use it that often, but I would use it.

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been suggested yet but what about trasding Dilithium for savage bundles. I'm always running out of savage for re-engineering and earning it in the 10's of thousands can be a slow time consuming process.

Trading dil for salvage is a good idea. I wouldn't use it that often, but I would use it.
    what is salvage good for?, I'm a veteran but there's some stuff I haven't used before, I recently started using the admiralty system.
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User

That gives me another idea: Re-engineering weekends where the cost of re-engineering is halved. Might encourage people to do some mod shifting that they otherwise wouldn't have tried because it was too expensive. Maybe double the amount of salvage obtained as well.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2021
    @askatus

Not sure that encourage, as it may discourage more from buying salvage packs with DIL. I'm fine with them not reducing it, as I think it's already generous requiring only 800 salvage for reroll chance on a modifier. I was always surprised it wasn't close to 1600 per reroll myself...

Still I've never found it too hard to gain Salvage, though you would save some Energy Credit for sure! Despite you might loose out on the R&D materials from gear; you'd gain from salvaging a lot of gear at once in one swoop.

Currently what I do is buy several Rare items at XII, and using the upgrade button on the Inventory to salvage it all at once. Still you can easily go thru several Million of energy credit very quickly! So many might prefer a DIL option depending how they priced it...

eJqbh8C.png

Those are just my own thoughts, still it nice when people share new Idea's. I liked yours cause it had a new Event, which was what I also suggested for my Ferengi Business Woman who might take GPL & DIL rather than Fleet Credit and DIL; and without the 5-15% Fleet Discount as well. Simply it would allow you to buy things from her once every 3 months at a slight Discount so regardless of the Fleet your in, you might see a reduced GPL & DIL price from her.

I linked some other idea's I had for her, some suggested by others, or variations on a theme for her to sell in this thread.

Anyways I digress, and suspect the guy below is right the idea's have been made. Now all we can do is HOPE they consider a few, or several of them.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Finally this thread dying down, Kael probably have plenty of ideas now, I think it's time to close the thread.
  • que2#3853 que2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    HOLD ON HOLD ON -- ONE MORE IDEA -- IF THIS HAS NOT BEEN TALKED ABOUT ALREADY :):)

Throwing this out to the STO community for a DIL SINK idea.

I think that it would be good for all those items that we have bought off of the exchange that have become account/character locked that we could redeem a certain amount of DIL to convert them back into a state where they could be sold again.

I have had lots of items that I have had fun with but would sell if I had the opportunity to sell them.

Now I would limit this to items only. Things that are in boxes such as ships or other things... would be difficult to put back into the box... so not suggesting that. But items that do not come in boxes... allowing them to be redeemed back into a sellable shape would be a constant stream of DIL burn/sink.

I think this is a good idea, but sending it out to the STO community to either tear it apart or bolster it.

Now I do not know how much DIL would make good sense to redeem an item but I am sure it would be good for this not to be too much but not too little either.
  • dragonmalice12dragonmalice12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    One idea that I haven't seen yet - buy admiralty ship cards for dilithium ships directly. There are quite a few I would get if I didn't have to go through the tedium of buy ship, discard equipment, log in and out to get admiralty card to spawn, discard ship...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - add a filter so I don't have to see temporary admiralty cards (or even the option to discard them).

Upgrading doffs would be nice - frankly, I stopped grinding doffs up the instant they implemented the 1000 dilithium cost. I also stopped using general recruitment. On the assumption people may actually use those, tho, my suggestion would be to allow only purple doffs or better to be upgradeable. This is something we can't do and wouldn't cut into any existing sales or services. The idea is to take said doff and simply increase their quality. For doffing, this means I can improve my crew and the outcomes (and CXP earnings). For active doffs, this means I can upgrade the lockbox doffs I invested in to be even better.

If this appeared as a randomized system where I lost the doff and got something random back, I would avoid it like the plague.
    With 500 doffs for character, there is already endless potential here without randomizing it. Even for non-doffers, the ability to take that purple energy weapons guy and make him ultra/gold (thus increasing the chances of getting that fire at will cooldown) would still be nice.

Also, how about a dilithium cost to unbind a doff? I have lots I don't use anymore where they are, but would love to give them to other toons.

I also wholeheartedly agree with the idea of being able to improve and modify bridge officers and don't see that undercutting any other services either.
    edited July 2021
    Phoenix store - make previous event ships account wide. I have gold tokens and frankly just don't have any reason to use them.
    If the ships unlocked for the account, then I would use them and want more just for the admiralty. OR, how about an option at purchase - buy the ship for ONE character, or just get the admiralty card but for the whole account?

I like the idea of dilithium for mission set pieces, but only if the cost is reasonable - I might spend 5k on a set piece, but if the cost is 30k I might as well just run the episode again (or just get the better fleet/reputation equipment).

I would also love to have the option to match up omni weapons visuals to nonstandards. The ability to craft them OR an all weapons visual slot both appeal to me. Changing the firing sounds would be great as well (I love the base Tetryon sound, but the screech of the antichroniton omni is awful and drowns out everything else.)

At the end of the day, remember that the best way to seperate people from their money is to get them excited. Offer new services and new ways to do things. Make our lives better. If you charge dilithium for transwarp, I simply won't transwarp anymore. If you charge dilithium just to log in, I'll go elsewhere. If you offer me something new and exciting that makes me want to log in and play, though, I'll open my wallet and say thanks at the same time. Also, try to remember that sometimes charging less gets you more - whatever you add, if the price is too high it will just be avoided. If it seems like a bargain, everyone will jump on it - and that's what you want.
    Post edited by dragonmalice12 on
    edited July 2021
    Last thought - the game is stale. Any TFO with any significant number of enemies/players is laggy, the visuals don't show up, bridge officers won't activate, and the queues are dead. Everything dies in seconds because players are putting out 200k dps against mobs rated for 10k.

I've viewing this game more and more as a single player game with the occasional interaction. The patrol system was a nice addition - I can do it alone, or I can team up and do it with a friend. I wonder at the possibility of taking much of the old TFO content and converting it to a similar format to make it enjoyable again. Heck, many of the old Borg stuff could probably be handled by one or two players - just the option to run it with less than 5 people would be awesome. I guess what I'm saying is this - what is the point of upgrading my gear when I barely have a chance to fire my weapons as it is? Give me the choice to go it alone and I have a reason to try again.
  • cheri474cheri474 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    How about reputation T6 Ships?

Once the player reaches tier 6 in a given reputation system, they unlock a special project to get a T6 ship, fitting that reputation system.

E.g. Starfleet originally designed the Defiant Class Warship as an anti-borg ship. Once the player reaches tier 6 in the Omega Task Force Reputation System they will be able to craft a T6 Borg Defense Defiant Warship (ship has distinct stats from other defiant variants).

Project cost:
    -2500 Omega Marks
    -500,000 Dilithium
    -20 Borg Neural Processors
    -10,000,000 Energy Credits

Alternative project cost:
    -M.A.C.O. Graviton Deflector Array
    -M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines
    -M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array
    -500,000 Dilithium

These reputation ships would become a character unlock after completing the project and would stat-wise be at Fleet-Ship to Lock-Box Ship level (12 console slots). They would also have a reputation specific Starship Mastery/Starship Trait granting significant bonuses/special effects against their respective reputation antagonists.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been said so I'm going to add my 2¢ ....

This idea is just because of the selling of lockbox ships in the Mudd Market for the account.

I know this is only a one time purchase but I would suggest selling a token that would allow a user to unlock a lockbox ship that he had already gotten to be account wide. You can charges 5 million Dilithium for this token and have it work for 1 lockbox ship to make that opened ship available to to other characters on the account. If you have 6 different lockbox ships and would like to have them available you would need to buy 6 tokens.

Another suggestion is to sell an extra lockbox ship, bound to account before opening and bound to character when opened to allow other characters to get previously opened lockbox ships for a different character on the account. Sell those tokens so if you want a lockbox ship that you already own for other characters on your account it will cost a large amount of dilithium to unlock that ship for each character ....

I think either of these ideas would sink a lot of dilithium .....

Thanks
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Finally this thread dying down, Kael probably have plenty of ideas now, I think it's time to close the thread.

Trying to shut off communication from those that are aggravated? While we wait for Community Manager Captain Leaver to pop back in and communicate here on any updates? Assuming that he can be bothered to do so?

That's what Cryptic is hoping for. For the talk to die down, for people to accept and move on or forget, because then that means they have less to work on. And they can go back what they view as important, such as monetizing powercreep.
    cheri474 wrote: »
    How about reputation T6 Ships?

Once the player reaches tier 6 in a given reputation system, they unlock a special project to get a T6 ship, fitting that reputation system.

E.g. Starfleet originally designed the Defiant Class Warship as an anti-borg ship. Once the player reaches tier 6 in the Omega Task Force Reputation System they will be able to craft a T6 Borg Defense Defiant Warship (ship has distinct stats from other defiant variants).

Project cost:
    -2500 Omega Marks
    -500,000 Dilithium
    -20 Borg Neural Processors

Alternative project cost:
    -M.A.C.O. Graviton Deflector Array
    -M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines
    -M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array
    -500,000 Dilithium

These reputation ships would become a character unlock after completing the project and would stat-wise be at Fleet-Ship to Lock-Box Ship level (12 console slots). They would also have a reputation specific Starship Mastery/Starship Trait granting significant bonuses/special effects against their respective reputation antagonists.

Fleet Ship to lockbox ship level is 11 console slots, unless the ship is a Miracle Worker ship.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    The fact they're asking for ideas at all means they're trying. They are not required to respond to us in thread however. And this isn't something that can just be fixed with a flick of a switch. There is no instant fix. This is going to take time, and probably several things working together.

Also don't forget that the forums are not the ONLY source they're tapping for ideas. There's Reddit, Twitter, maybe even Facebook as well. They're casting a wide net.

The recent vanity shield sale was a step in the right direction. It had an impact and was a good test run.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    What is the point in us even suggesting Dilithium Sinks anymore?

Seriously, since this request has been made it's just been the usual sale after sale, non stop. It's clear that Cryptic is going to ram the Zen Store down all of our throats day after day, forever.

Is there any Dilithium Sink that can ever be enough to counter that?

I'll hold out hope, like everyone else. I have even made my own suggestions in response to the call, but really.. do we honestly think that Kael is going to use player feedback? We have asked for a break in the non stop events, asked for them to take 5 with the constant sales.. none of that was acknowledged.. why is this different?

At this point, the Dilithium Exchange is pretty much a memory. Only Cryptic can fix it and I am not holding my breath. Yes, I know they have said they're going to do it, but many of us no longer care what they say, we look at what they have done. Beyond the brief fix that was the Vanity Shield promo, they have shown no interest at all in addressing this issue, in fact.. they continue to make it worse.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Unpopular opinion, but Cryptic should offer first-time only, and limited-time FOMO deals on any new Z-Store stuff with a Dil equivalent option flat-scaled to the nearest Zen:Dil equivalent in increments of 25 (Ex: 500, 475, 450, 425, etc), which could be slightly under or slightly over. It would last as long as the sale on the new item lasts before returning to normal price, and subsequent sales would NOT have a Dil option.

Special exception for Summer Sales, Black Friday Sales, and Christmas Sales, but only on select items given how much code spaghetti would be required to price everything in near-equivalent Dil also.

So for example, a new Z-Store Ship, Ship Bundle, Costume, or Boff, on sale would have a FOMO Dil price equal to that of the SALE Zen cost at the time of sale, then it goes away once the sale period also goes away, leaving the item only available for Zen. Either the Dil price never returns, or only returns during the 3 listed major sale event periods, but only at whatever the current sale run is.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Asking for a break in Events doesn't necessarily mean taking two or three weeks off but even just a break between Thursday and Tuesday, or Thursday and Thursday.for crying out loud.

As far as these sales go, they are BS. 35%/40% on these Bundles is ridiculous - 50% should be the standard. We had a roll of 30% sales in the Lobi Store. They have since rolled back to 20% routinely with the still occasional 50%. We were getting 80% or 85% in Mudds Market for non Bundles when we started. Now we don't break 75% on that stuff. When they first started Mudds Market with the 80% sales they intimated that even better 'Crazy Eddie' discounts were possible in the future. Well, the EP must have used electro-shock therapy on Eddie and he is no longer crazy.

I did get the Kelvin Bundle at 50% off as there were 6 ships in there, five being non-duplicative. The Wormhole Bundle, I will wait for the Christmas 75% Mudd's Bundle sale.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    I did get the Kelvin Bundle at 50% off as there were 6 ships in there...

I had considered the Kelvin Bundle before the Genesis one came out. Might try to save up for the Kelvin unless a Legendary comes out first.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

Trying to shut off communication from those that are aggravated? While we wait for Community Manager Captain Leaver to pop back in and communicate here on any updates? Assuming that he can be bothered to do so?

That's what Cryptic is hoping for. For the talk to die down, for people to accept and move on or forget, because then that means they have less to work on. And they can go back what they view as important, such as monetizing powercreep.

Not really. Not this time.

A working dilex is a part of the monetisation of the game. If it's not working, one of Cryptic's revenue streams dries up. So it's actually in their interests to do something about it. It's just a question of finding something that will work well enough, for long enough, without requiring a lot of continuous work for the devs.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The fact they're asking for ideas at all means they're trying. They are not required to respond to us in thread however. And this isn't something that can just be fixed with a flick of a switch. There is no instant fix. This is going to take time, and probably several things working together.

Also don't forget that the forums are not the ONLY source they're tapping for ideas. There's Reddit, Twitter, maybe even Facebook as well. They're casting a wide net.

The recent vanity shield sale was a step in the right direction. It had an impact and was a good test run.

The forums are the least communicated source for Captain Leaver to utilize. And in the past, he announced he would be more communicative.

Did I say that the solution was a flick of the switch? That does seem to be your go-to defense line to excuse them for ignoring the signs of a problem because their vision is obscured by dollar signs, whenever warning signs start cropping up.

They rolled out the vanity shield injection for the length of a cup of coffee, on somewhat short notice. Flick of a switch, maybe? And the lowest the dilex got was to what...the 490s? And then they quickly undermined it by having more sales. Now there are even more sales rolled out and we're back to a waiting list. There wasn't targshit in a sty of an impact. Are you going to say that them rolling out at least two 10th anniversary bundles in the same month was planned months in advance?
    askatus wrote: »

A working dilex is a part of the monetisation of the game. If it's not working, one of Cryptic's revenue streams dries up. So it's actually in their interests to do something about it. It's just a question of finding something that will work well enough, for long enough, without requiring a lot of continuous work for the devs.

Cryptic has killed one of their revenue streams in the past, when they stopped doing monthly subscription options. So there is precedent of that happening.
    askatus wrote: »

Cryptic has killed one of their revenue streams in the past, when they stopped doing monthly subscription options. So there is precedent of that happening.

When they stopped doing the monthly subscriptions they replaced them with the starter packs, same basic price and same basic function. So they didn't kill it so much as change it.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
    edited August 2021
    New direction - paying dilithium for VIP status!

Pay a million dilithium, and get server priority for a week.
    Your BOFF's will activate on the first try, every time!
    Fleet holdings will load instantly!
    Doff screens will populate instantly!
    Episodes, queues, and patrols will load instantly!
    The exchange will be lightning fast - descriptions will be accurate right away, and the "searching..." bug won't appear no matter how many times you switch screens! You can search as many times as you want with no waiting!
    No rubber banding!
    Your batteries and devices won't fall off your ship!
    Your traits won't run away!
    All cut scenes and dialog prompts will automatically be disabled!
    Your ship will only decloak if you tell it to!
    All episodes will complete on the FIRST try!
    If you're stuck, and type "/stuck", it will actually move you to a valid location!
    If an admiralty mission has a 99% success rate, it will ONLY fail 1% of the time!
    Hitting an attack key will actually auto target an enemy in your field of vision!
    Auto attack will select a target in the largest cluster of enemies (not the single guy on the periphery)!
    Clicking on a small target that is in front of a much larger one will actually select that target!
    If you craft a weapon, you can CHOOSE the traits! (Hmm, this might be a great dil standalone...)
    If you click on the help button, a kind and caring individual will immediately help you with your problems regardless of whether you have cookies enabled on your browser!

That's right! For a mere 1 million dilithium, you can make the game more fun... to... play!
    Post edited by dragonmalice12 on
    I think we can do without the sarcasm...
    edited August 2021
    I tried to have fun with it, but I am completely earnest here. I... would... pay... for... it.

Every time I've thrown money at the game, it's been in response to a bug fix.

Oh, to be fair - any contact I've had with support has been on the up and up - no complaints. Being told I have to have cookies enabled to use the support on the website just makes me laugh.
    Nah. In this case, the sarcasm is a welcome bit of levity.
This discussion has been closed.